My first hydro bill with new rates !!!!!!

Rene2

Feb 5, 2011
town to small to mention
Hello everyone, I just received my first Hydro One Network bill with the fixed rates. I was wanting to share and get some feed back from others who are also on the new rates , for comparrison. First I have to tell you that I feel i do my part in terms of cutting back my hydro usage . I do not use my dryer , winter or summer , i actually do my laundry around the weather forecast, hang up laundry in my basement by the furnace , i also try to use my dishwasher after nine pm , we dont even use our plasma flat screne because they are so hard on hydro ,we bought an lcd and only turn the tv on in the evening..... My previous bill without the rates was 166.66 , This last one was 134.43 !!!! I could not believe it, I know my hubby was using some power tools , and i did clean my self cleaning oven , i guess that is what spiked my hydro cost.... What doesn't seem fair to me is , the on peak hours ( highest cost) is right around supper time , i am finding that i am trying to cook supper now at 3 in the afternoon ,just so i am not running my conventional oven at the on peak times, come to think of it , even crock pot cooking wont really be any cheaper if you plugged it in from the hours of 5 pm to 9 pm......

Does anyone else see how unfair this whole price indexing is set up?? and in the summer when you are going to be outside bbqing, they reversed it and made it cheaper off peak at supper time how backwards is that?????? anyone have thoughts to share , i am thouroughly upset about this thx Rene, ps- im in Ontario

Hello everyone, I just received my first Hydro One Network bill with the fixed rates. I was wanting to share and get some feed back from others who are also on the new rates , for comparrison. First I have to tell you that I feel i do my part in terms of cutting back my hydro usage . I do not use my dryer , winter or summer , i actually do my laundry around the weather forecast, hang up laundry in my basement by the furnace , i also try to use my dishwasher after nine pm , we dont even use our plasma flat screne because they are so hard on hydro ,we bought an lcd and only turn the tv on in the evening..... My previous bill without the rates was 166.66 , This last one was 234.43 !!!! I could not believe it, I know my hubby was using some power tools , and i did clean my self cleaning oven , i guess that is what spiked my hydro cost.... What doesn't seem fair to me is , the on peak hours ( highest cost) is right around supper time , i am finding that i am trying to cook supper now at 3 in the afternoon ,just so i am not running my conventional oven at the on peak times, come to think of it , even crock pot cooking wont really be any cheaper if you plugged it in from the hours of 5 pm to 9 pm......

Does anyone else see how unfair this whole price indexing is set up?? and in the summer when you are going to be outside bbqing, they reversed it and made it cheaper off peak at supper time how backwards is that?????? anyone have thoughts to share , i am thouroughly upset about this thx Rene, ps- im in Ontario

ooops meant to say my bill after the new fixed rates was 234.43 , so it was an increase of around 60 bucks