Tourism lull led to ‘execution-style killings’ of 100 B.C. sled dogs: Reports

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

Canada investigates mass sled dog slaughter
breitbart.com
February 1, 2011
Excerpt:
Police are investigating the slaughter of 100 husky dogs used during the 2010 Winter Olympics to pull tourist sleds in the Canadian ski resort of Whistler, authorities said Monday.

The grisly killings were reportedly carried out by one worker over two days in April 2010 with a shotgun and a knife, with reports of injured dogs crawling out of a mass grave.

Local media said the dogs were killed because business slumped in the two months following the Games and they were no longer needed by tourism companies Outdoor Adventures and Howling Dogs, which sell dog-sled rides to tourists.

"We've opened a police file and assigned an investigator," Royal Canadian Mounted Police Staff Sergeant Steve LeClair told AFP.

The case came to light on Monday after the unnamed worker claimed post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of killing the dogs, and was reportedly awarded compensation from British Columbia worker's board.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.ddc0305146893ec9e9e6796d743e6af7.b51&show_article=1

:-(

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

breitbart.com
February 1, 2011
Excerpt:
Police are investigating the slaughter of 100 husky dogs used during the 2010 Winter Olympics to pull tourist sleds in the Canadian ski resort of Whistler, authorities said Monday.

The grisly killings were reportedly carried out by one worker over two days in April 2010 with a shotgun and a knife, with reports of injured dogs crawling out of a mass grave.

Local media said the dogs were killed because business slumped in the two months following the Games and they were no longer needed by tourism companies Outdoor Adventures and Howling Dogs, which sell dog-sled rides to tourists.

"We've opened a police file and assigned an investigator," Royal Canadian Mounted Police Staff Sergeant Steve LeClair told AFP.

The case came to light on Monday after the unnamed worker claimed post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of killing the dogs, and was reportedly awarded compensation from British Columbia worker's board.

:-(

It's sick, it's disgraceful, and there is absolutely no excuse for it- Every f*****g thing these days is about the almighty dollar (which by the way is worth about five cents) :-(

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
After hearing how these beautiful dogs died I felt like throwing up. It's ****ed Up!!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Oh for **** sakes, what does that pathetic comment have to do with this thread? Get over yourself!

It was a commentary on your pathetic concern for some dogs, when nobody gives a **** about humans.

Don't worry, I know that you are concerned when native women disappear, I see you posting about it all the time.

Your artificial concern for some dogs belongs on the Fox News outrage of the day, manufactured by the media so that we can all get upset about something that we can't do anything about, and therefore don't need to actually feel responsible for. But it makes people feel better to get upset about something like this, while we turn a blind eye to everything else.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Your silly humanist rant is irrelevant to the topic. However it should be noted the irony of you whining about "nobody gives a **** about humans", in a thread about a story of human beings mercilessly slaughtering another species.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It was a commentary on your pathetic concern for some dogs, when nobody gives a **** about humans.

Don't worry, I know that you are concerned when native women disappear, I see you posting about it all the time.

Your artificial concern for some dogs belongs on the Fox News outrage of the day, manufactured by the media so that we can all get upset about something that we can't do anything about, and therefore don't need to actually feel responsible for. But it makes people feel better to get upset about something like this, while we turn a blind eye to everything else.

Can't for the life of me figure out why you posted that!

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You guys have some serious sicko's running around up there. B.C. just might be one place to cut loose from Canada. You need a death penalty.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
For the record, Native women being stuffed through a wood chippers by Huskeys is definitely on my do not support list.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's true that worse things happen to humans planet wide on a daily basis but few care.

I love dogs but the reaction to this story is way overblown.

I can't figure out how you could possibly "overblow" the destruction of 100 beautiful healthy dogs. 8O

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Just read billbarilko's post. He used smaller words, perhaps you can follow that.

You have a problem with police or government investigating murders, then start complaining to those who can do something about it. If you cannot find anybody to investigate, then do something about it yourself, your not alone.

It's true that worse things happen to humans planet wide on a daily basis but few care.

I love dogs but the reaction to this story is way overblown.

You have a possible mass murder up there. Plus there is no truer friend than a dog.

"The case came to light on Monday after the unnamed worker claimed post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of killing the dogs, and was reportedly awarded compensation from British Columbia worker's board."

This just shows how horrible political correctness can go.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

But it wasn't the fox news outrage of the day was it.
I saw the story on cty and cbc .Is their outrage different than fox's ?