what makes Teenagers so disruptive,defiant,rebellious?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
now that's not all teenagers.. juts wanted to clarify that.

Yes at one time I too was a teenager.. as were you and you, and yes you in the far corner over there, cowering? :p

I do remember those days of fun and crazyness..

13 years later I notice how things have changed some what.

so my question to you is, why are teenagers like they are?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Adults don't have a protective cocoon like the Young Offenders Act or Youth Justice Act or whatever the current ineffective replacement term is for a Juvenile Delinquent and his/her rush....

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
hormones, a little bit a freedom and BAM - 13 going on 30 lol

Help me, my daughter is driving me nutso. :lol:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I have you on ignore, now. :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, she's perfect - she cant even compete with how bad I was at that age. Phew.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
She pushed a button one evening and I launched myself out of my wheelchair with my two broken ankles in a failed attempt to slap her foul little mouth. I can still see the smirk.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
It's the curse bestowed upon us by our own parents - they have no idea how much power is packed into this one little sentence: "You just wait - one day you're going to have a child who acts JUST LIKE YOU!"

Vengeful bass turds, those parents. Of course, I totally understand what drives them to it... I've uttered it myself several times already.

shelphs

Jan 19, 2011
Yes, a complex question that deserves an in depth response. There are numerous reasons why adolescent youths rebel in various forms from talking back to criminal activity.

All adults – having been teens themselves – have experienced this but in varying ways, and one’s child may go through the same time of life similarly or vastly differently. It’s the difference that concerns people, but it certainly doesn’t mean it’s bad or permanent.

Teens have an independent mind, and rightly so. They are beginning to internalize the world and make sense of it, and they may, which is certainly not uncommon but probably the opposite, disagree on a number of fronts with their parents. Questioning parental belief systems is a highly effective way of better understanding one’s parents along with the issue being discussed.

As a parent, it’s important to not allow a child - who is playing the devil’s advocate or not - to stifle debate by a parent giving in and playing the parent card. It’s always important to treat teenagers as equals (within reason) and talk through whatever topic is being broached.

Teens take risks that adults most likely wouldn’t, and the reasons for that is that teens are finding themselves and trying to fit in. Popularity is rewarded to those who fight against an unpopular rule and, in so doing, kids discover what is and isn’t important to them – what is worth fighting for.

There is also the matter of a still developing brain. In teens’ brains, the emotional regions develop ahead of the region that deals with rational thought, and this could be why teens are more likely to take risks adults would never take.

[FONT=&quot]And, what can never be overlooked, since teens are rather familiar with parents and authority figures in general and they have nearly no power in a world ruled by power, which they by now understand, adolescent youths may simply want to piss you off, and because they are familiar with you, they know how. [/FONT]