This is what we are becoming

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I saw this video and was smugly amused, since I don't text and walk/text and drive/etc. Then today, I nearly hit a snow bank because as I was going through an intersection, for whatever bizarre reason, it caught my eye that the 'don't walk' signal had two LED's burned out in the left side of the hand. So, apparently I can't be TOO smug.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I saw this video and was smugly amused, since I don't text and walk/text and drive/etc. Then today, I nearly hit a snow bank because as I was going through an intersection, for whatever bizarre reason, it caught my eye that the 'don't walk' signal had two LED's burned out in the left side of the hand. So, apparently I can't be TOO smug.

Karrie I see people texting while driving at 110-120 km/h all day long. I'd bet between 20 and 30 a day. Easy.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
A mindless generation that will wander off the edge of cliff whilst it punches those keys obsessively

Still, makes for funny video..

YouTube - Girl falls into fountain while texting at the Berkshire Mall

A few thoughts:

1. The girl will probably end up attempting to sue the mall for "daring to place the fountain in her way".

2. The fellow with the cleaning supplies is probably thinking "You stupid idiot! Now I have to mop up YOUR mess!"

3. It was funny. Thanks for the laugh, Mark. I needed it.:)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
A few thoughts:

1. The girl will probably end up attempting to sue the mall for "daring to place the fountain in her way".

LOL! I was right! This moron is actually suing them!

Here is a blurb:

The latest wacky lawsuit stems from an embarrassing viral video. Earlier this month, a Pennsylvania woman was walking face down through a local mall, texting on her phone, when her boot clipped the edge of a fountain, sending her tumbling into the water. The video is hilarious (watch it here) — the woman herself has said it made her laugh — but now her lawyers say she's suing the mall for her tragic spill. What's worse, she might have a case. Already, the mall security guard that leaked the footage online has been fired, and, because the fountain has no railing, her suit may actually have merit.

---------------------

It doesn't have a railing? WTF?!? Give me a freaking break! I figured the security guard would have been fired as that was a breach, but to sue for your own stupidity? I sincerely hope she FAILS!

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Don't even,just think of all the other stupid things that stupid people have sued for,and won stupid amounts of money.From what i saw on the news,she would have thought it was funny as hell,if it had been someone else,but since people made fun of her for being stupid,she's gonna sue,whoda thunk ?