Flying is not a Right, it's a permission by the Government!

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
I thought about this.. after seeing some crazy Americans and their comments on Youtube and other places about how their rights and freedoms are being violated because of these security measures...

I have come to a conclusion that I think they fail to see.

You taking a flight to another part of the country is not your Right. The Federal Govt or Homeland Security is giving you permission to fly and could easily take it away from you by adding you to the no fly list!

My cousin who is Canadian was on it because of some weird paperwork issues. She will be allowed back into the USA period soon.

You wanna cause a scene? you want to resist and make hell for TSA security? i'm sure that they'd have no problem saying to you "i'm sorry but you're now on the No Fly List! because of your actions we have deemed you to be a threat"

and that's that.

so I say, suck it up and learn to deal with it.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:canada: .........."Homeland Security" is more of a German thing, no? Harks back to good ol' Adolph and the boys. Course it's not too much of a stretch, when you mention Bush.

But, sure, it's the law, suck it up. Sieg Heinz. Or Oscar Myer......... Whatever.

Next time you're flying, DEMAND a full body cavity search. I did, and they just said: "get on the goddam plane and quit messin around", Abdul.

Can't win.:roll:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The Federal Govt or Homeland Security is giving you permission to fly and could easily take it away from you by adding you to the no fly list!

Exactly. In this modern era, you have to understand that you are not to question authority. You are to submit at all times to whatever the $5/hr rentacop tells you to do.

In other news:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
How would you feel if you had some renta cop grabbing your package or actually seeing how small your package is via their fancy xray tech, Chili?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It's not so much the right to fly, it's the right to privacy and the right to not be molested or blasted by T-Rays just because you have to travel from point A to point B.

But you keep being the good little lap dog and suck in everything they tell you..... they only have your best interests at play after all.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
How would you feel if you had some renta cop grabbing your package or actually seeing how small your package is via their fancy xray tech, Chili?

I could honestly care less. Maybe I'd rather know that I feel safe on the plane and not have to think about, if any of my co-passengers are here for the wrong reason!

some people are so Anal.

if it takes a little extra touchy feely to make sure that everyone who boards that plane doesn't have some plasic knife or a bomb attached to their body, then so be it.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I could honestly care less. Maybe I'd rather know that I feel safe on the plane and not have to think about, if any of my co-passengers are here for the wrong reason!

some people are so Anal.

if it takes a little extra touchy feely to make sure that everyone who boards that plane doesn't have some plasic knife or a bomb attached to their body, then so be it.

People are anal because they dislike having their personal privacy violated? Like the old man who's urine bag blew up due the bungling of the air-renta cop? Or the women who had her prosthetic breast fondled?

Governments love mindless schmucks like your self, ready to give away their rights on a dime without the slightest thought.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
it's a necessity for Security! there's a big difference here.

btw, they have the right to examine prosthetics, to make sure that they're not explosives?

what if one terrorist woman decided to attach fake boobs to herself and they were explosives.. and the TSA guy sees that she has fake boobs but doesn't check her?

now there's a bomb on the plane.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

btw, they have the right to examine prosthetics, to make sure that they're not explosives?

what if one terrorist woman decided to attach fake boobs to herself and they were explosives.. and the TSA guy sees that she has fake boobs but doesn't check her?

That would take exploding boobs to a whole new level.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

what if, what if. what if.

How many planes have been blown up mid-air by boob explosives or some other prosthetic, Chili?

Last edited:

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
what if, what if. what if.

How many planedshave been blown up mid-air by boob explosives or some other prosthetic, Chili?

not the point. they want to prevent it.

these idiots out there might come up with something that the current security teams havent' thought of!

how do you know?

they might some day come up with a liquid that they can poor on themselves that could explode when the air from the plane fans come on! or when their body temperature goes up.

maybe they're suicide bombers who will drink something that is perfectly harmless to them but when mixed with a drink or alcohol served on the plane or food they eat will cause a reaction that blows them up and the plane with them!

if you sit back and say "if if if.." maybe you should be thinking "when when when..."!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
they might some day come up with a liquid that they can poor on themselves that could explode when the air from the plane fans come on! or when their body temperature goes up.
Do you have any idea how ridiculous that is? If terrorism aboard a plane was a real threat there is no way in hell I'd be able to by a 66ozer in the so called "secure area".

Is this enough to disable a flight crew?

Yes or no?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

some people are so Anal.

Speaking of Anal, you seem more concerned with the random and very rare chance of some lunatic blowing themselves up on a plane then you are about the more common chance of the plane breaking up in mid-flight, engine failures, fires, pilot error and a slew of other dangers that happen a hell of a lot more around the world each month, then how often Terrorism is an issue...... regardless of all the security features you think should be used to keep your paranoid self safe, none of them will mean Fk-all if the plane itself just decides to drop out of the sky for whatever reason.

So when it comes to you feeling "Safe" on the plane not having to think about some off-chance of a terrorist attack.... you're just deluding yourself from seeing the more common, more dangerous risks in flying.

I've been flying in two-seater gliders and small planes, right up to commercial planes since I was 5 years old..... and from my experience, terrorist attacks don't even register on my radar of concerns when flying.

A little extra touchy feely to make sure someone doesn't take over a commercial airliner using their plastic KFC knife they hidden on their body??

If some idiot gets away with taking over a commercial airliner using a plastic KFC knife..... they deserve to and everybody who let them get away with it should all be awarded Darwin Awards for dying so stupidly.

It's your above mentality that allows parents to wrap their children up in bubble wrap, slap a helmet on, throw on water wings & goggles, and only allow their children to ride their bikes in a circle in the front lawn, so long as they still have their training wheels on...... and it's those children who end up getting the crap beaten out of them by other kids because they're padded and can take it.

Life is risk, life is chance..... life is dangerous at times..... either deal with it or die already, because I and many others have no patience for over-sensitive, sheltered people who are too afraid of their own shadow without someone scanning it to make sure it's not really some boogie man chasing them around.

You want to fly knowing that your safe and you want to cling onto that delusion.... go ahead...... I just want to get ripped off by paying for over-priced flights and get from point A to point B..... everything else is just fluff.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Speaking of Anal, you seem more concerned with the random and very rare chance of some lunatic blowing themselves up on a plane then you are about the more common chance of the plane breaking up in mid-flight, engine failures, fires, pilot error and a slew of other dangers that happen a hell of a lot more around the world each month, then how often Terrorism is an issue...... regardless of all the security features you think should be used to keep your paranoid self safe, none of them will mean Fk-all if the plane itself just decides to drop out of the sky for whatever reason.

So when it comes to you feeling "Safe" on the plane not having to think about some off-chance of a terrorist attack.... you're just deluding yourself from seeing the more common, more dangerous risks in flying.

I've been flying in two-seater gliders and small planes, right up to commercial planes since I was 5 years old..... and from my experience, terrorist attacks don't even register on my radar of concerns when flying.

A little extra touchy feely to make sure someone doesn't take over a commercial airliner using their plastic KFC knife they hidden on their body??

If some idiot gets away with taking over a commercial airliner using a plastic KFC knife..... they deserve to and everybody who let them get away with it should all be awarded Darwin Awards for dying so stupidly.

It's your above mentality that allows parents to wrap their children up in bubble wrap, slap a helmet on, throw on water wings & goggles, and only allow their children to ride their bikes in a circle in the front lawn, so long as they still have their training wheels on...... and it's those children who end up getting the crap beaten out of them by other kids because they're padded and can take it.

Life is risk, life is chance..... life is dangerous at times..... either deal with it or die already, because I and many others have no patience for over-sensitive, sheltered people who are too afraid of their own shadow without someone scanning it to make sure it's not really some boogie man chasing them around.

You want to fly knowing that your safe and you want to cling onto that delusion.... go ahead...... I just want to get ripped off by paying for over-priced flights and get from point A to point B..... everything else is just fluff.
Why use a plastic knife when you can buy a bottle in the "secure area"?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Sez who?

You?

The US Government?

Show me proof that these scanners and more invasive body gropings actually prevented more terrorists attacks compared to the older methods used when they're actually followed.

Right..... now I'm scared :roll:

There's millions of ways of committing one type of attack against one's fellow man and no matter how many stupid procedures are implemented to try and stop them all, there will always be others thinking up a million more ways to counter those attempts.

So what's one to do?

Perform no security checks?

No..... just go back to the old security checks that have been used for years that have worked for so long...... that last idiot who tried to blow up his wang wouldn't have gotten near an airplane if the idiots at the US airport were already following the procedures and security checks that were already in place. He was on the No-Fly list ffs..... and they claim they either didn't check it, or they had an out-dated list..... either way, body scanners and prodding people's genitals doesn't help people to notice no-fly lists any better.

And it's already been proven the body scanners can easily be fooled and people can go through them carrying something restricted and not get caught multiple times.

Israeli Security Expert to Canada: 'Full Body Scanners Useless'
Israeli Security Expert to Canada: 'Full Body Scanners Useless' - Inside Israel - Israel News - Israel National News

..... Sela, who helped design the security system at Ben-Gurion International Airport, has some 30 years' experience in the field. He warned the lawmakers, “You are reacting to incidents instead of being one step ahead of them” when the acquisition of the scanners was announced, days after a Nigerian national tried to blow up a U.S. airliner in December.

“I don't know why everybody is running to buy these expensive and useless machines,” Sela commented. “I can overcome the body scanners with enough explosives to bring down a Boeing 747. That's why we haven't put them in our airport.......

Sela recommended instead that Canada use a “trusted traveller” system that sorted pre-approved, low-risk passengers, who could quickly be moved on with an expedited screening process, from those who might require more investigation. Such investigation would employ enhanced screening areas where automatic sniffing technology could be used to rule out explosives on a person's body or in baggage. He added that Canadians should also be using behavioral profiling.

Israeli security officials routinely use both.”