Chinese woman forced to abort 8-month-old fetus

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
By Alexa Olesen, The Associated Press, thecanadianpress.com, Updated: October 21, 2010 6:46 AM

BEIJING, China - A pregnant woman in south China was detained, beaten and forced to have an abortion just a month before her due date because the baby would have violated the country's one-child limit, her husband said Thursday.
Construction worker Luo Yanquan said his wife was taken kicking and screaming from their home by more than a dozen people on Oct. 10 and detained in a clinic for three days by family planning officials, then taken to a hospital and injected with a drug that killed her baby.
Family planning officials told the couple they weren't allowed to have the child because they already have a 9-year-old daughter, Luo said.
For the last 30 years, China has limited most urban couples to just one child in a bid to curb population growth and conserve its limited resources. China has the world's largest population, with more than 1.3 billion people. Couples that flout the rules face hefty fines, seizure of their property and loss of their jobs.
The case is an extreme example of the coercive measures Chinese officials sometimes use to comply with the strict family planning regulations. Though illegal, police and judicial authorities often look the other way when forced abortion cases are reported and the heavily censored state media shy away from such news.
But in recent years, victims have begun to speak out about their ordeals with the help of the Internet and text messaging. Aiding them are social campaigners and lawyers who have documented cases of forced late-term abortions. Similar abuses have been reported in Hebei and Shandong provinces and in the Guangxi region.
An official with the Siming district family planning commission, which oversees Luo's neighbourhood, confirmed there was a record of Luo's wife, Xiao Aiying, undergoing an abortion recently but said the procedure was voluntary and that she was about six months instead of eight months pregnant at the time. Like many Chinese bureaucrats, he refused to give his name.
China bans forced abortions, but doesn't prohibit or clearly define late-term abortion.
The Siming official said Xiao's husband had approved the abortion, a claim Luo denied.
"I never signed anything. No one in our family did," he said by telephone from Xiamen. "I called the police but they said family planning issues weren't their responsibility. I want to sue, but lawyers I've asked here say they can't help me and the media won't report on our case."
Luo set up a blog last week to let people know what had happened to his wife, and satellite broadcaster Al-Jazeera posted a report about the couple's case on its website Wednesday.
Photos on the blog show a pained-looking, and clearly pregnant, Xiao sitting on a hospital bed after the injection but before the baby was stillborn 40 hours later. Other images show a large purple bruise on her arm and scratches on her leg, which Luo said were caused when family planning officials hit and kicked her as she struggled to get away.
Ordinary Chinese reacted with anger and disgust to Luo's online account, posting comments that called the family planning officials cruel and inhuman.
Xiao delivered the dead baby on Oct. 14 but remains hospitalized and may require emergency surgery to remove pieces of placenta still in her uterus, Luo said. The couple, both 36, were not informed of the sex of the aborted baby, Luo said.
A man who answered the phone at the obstetrics ward of the Siming No. 1 Hospital confirmed that Xiao was still a patient there. He refused to provide more details or give his name.
Telephone calls to the press office of the National Population and Family Planning Commission in Beijing rang unanswered Thursday.

awful !

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
As the most vocal and governmental supporter of killing all babies who survived abortion, President Barack Hussain Obama should be perfectly happy with the Communist Chinese decision. To paraphrase his former Chief of Staff: "Don't let any batched abortion go to waste!"

Sorry, I meant BOTHCED abortion.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
As the most vocal and governmental supporter of killing all babies who survived abortion, President Barack Hussain Obama should be perfectly happy with the Communist Chinese decision. To paraphrase his former Chief of Staff: "Don't let any batched abortion go to waste!"

Sorry, I meant BOTHCED abortion.

Man, that's an old urban myth.
First thing.... Obama failed to support one badly worded bill regarding 'born alive' legislation, because Illinois already HAS, and will always have, laws in place that require that kind of care anyway.
Second thing.... not every topic on this forum needs turn into an Obama discussion.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We do not know the facts of this case because we are dealing with a country
that does not deal in the facts. I am a person who supports pro choice as
long as the law is followed. The laws of China are quite different, they do not
support the idea of democratic or constitutional freedoms and we in the West
continue to do business with them, we are trading ethics for cheap goods.
Everything should not be about Obama either, they should really be about
Bush who ran America into the ground, morally, ethically and economically.
Now the people who voted for Bush don't want to admit to the mess he made.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
By Alexa Olesen, The Associated Press, thecanadianpress.com, Updated: October 21, 2010 6:46 AM

BEIJING, China - A pregnant woman in south China was detained, beaten and forced to have an abortion just a month before her due date because the baby would have violated the country's one-child limit, her husband said Thursday.
Construction worker Luo Yanquan said his wife was taken kicking and screaming from their home by more than a dozen people on Oct. 10 and detained in a clinic for three days by family planning officials, then taken to a hospital and injected with a drug that killed her baby.
Family planning officials told the couple they weren't allowed to have the child because they already have a 9-year-old daughter, Luo said.
For the last 30 years, China has limited most urban couples to just one child in a bid to curb population growth and conserve its limited resources. China has the world's largest population, with more than 1.3 billion people. Couples that flout the rules face hefty fines, seizure of their property and loss of their jobs.
The case is an extreme example of the coercive measures Chinese officials sometimes use to comply with the strict family planning regulations. Though illegal, police and judicial authorities often look the other way when forced abortion cases are reported and the heavily censored state media shy away from such news.
But in recent years, victims have begun to speak out about their ordeals with the help of the Internet and text messaging. Aiding them are social campaigners and lawyers who have documented cases of forced late-term abortions. Similar abuses have been reported in Hebei and Shandong provinces and in the Guangxi region.
An official with the Siming district family planning commission, which oversees Luo's neighbourhood, confirmed there was a record of Luo's wife, Xiao Aiying, undergoing an abortion recently but said the procedure was voluntary and that she was about six months instead of eight months pregnant at the time. Like many Chinese bureaucrats, he refused to give his name.
China bans forced abortions, but doesn't prohibit or clearly define late-term abortion.
The Siming official said Xiao's husband had approved the abortion, a claim Luo denied.
"I never signed anything. No one in our family did," he said by telephone from Xiamen. "I called the police but they said family planning issues weren't their responsibility. I want to sue, but lawyers I've asked here say they can't help me and the media won't report on our case."
Luo set up a blog last week to let people know what had happened to his wife, and satellite broadcaster Al-Jazeera posted a report about the couple's case on its website Wednesday.
Photos on the blog show a pained-looking, and clearly pregnant, Xiao sitting on a hospital bed after the injection but before the baby was stillborn 40 hours later. Other images show a large purple bruise on her arm and scratches on her leg, which Luo said were caused when family planning officials hit and kicked her as she struggled to get away.
Ordinary Chinese reacted with anger and disgust to Luo's online account, posting comments that called the family planning officials cruel and inhuman.
Xiao delivered the dead baby on Oct. 14 but remains hospitalized and may require emergency surgery to remove pieces of placenta still in her uterus, Luo said. The couple, both 36, were not informed of the sex of the aborted baby, Luo said.
A man who answered the phone at the obstetrics ward of the Siming No. 1 Hospital confirmed that Xiao was still a patient there. He refused to provide more details or give his name.
Telephone calls to the press office of the National Population and Family Planning Commission in Beijing rang unanswered Thursday.

awful !

And you just became aware of these crimes against humanity - babies being born, as they crown are also injected before they have fuly passed the birth canal and yes they are murdered.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
And you just became aware of these crimes against humanity........................................................................................and yes they are murdered.

Nope , I am aware of these crimes against humanity ,I don,t agree with abortion of a human live just like don't agree with any kind of murder.The abortion (murder) in China is performed because of overpopulation of the land forced on women who don't have much to say .....it's a law in China.Same thing happen in Canada -immigrants are being murdered in airports by RCMP (Dziekanski) ,Innocent women gunned down in Quebec college by a sicko ,Unexpected women being raped tortured and murdered by the head of the largest air force base in Canada -and when you take the difference in population of these two countries ........one of them is really sick .

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Nope , I am aware of these crimes against humanity ,I don,t agree with abortion of a human live just like don't agree with any kind of murder.The abortion (murder) in China is performed because of overpopulation of the land forced on women who don't have much to say .....it's a law in China.Same thing happen in Canada -immigrants are being murdered in airports by RCMP (Dziekanski) ,Innocent women gunned down in Quebec college by a sicko ,Unexpected women being raped tortured and murdered by the head of the largest air force base in Canada -and when you take the difference in population of these two countries ........one of them is really sick .
Well, you're really comparing apples and oranges. The Canadian government doesn't sanction the misuse and abuse of citizens with tasers or authorize and promote sickos from gunning down people. In China's case what leverage do the people have when an authoritarian regime decides to do this? Canadians would run those government officials and law makers into the penitentiary, let alone keep them in power. If you have no say in who runs your country then you have no say when power is abused.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Why does almost every one of your threads contain a bash or two of Canada?

As to the original topic, that would be a horrifying ordeal for the poor family to go through, regardless of the country it happened in.:(

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Excuse me?

You can't tell the difference?

One set of actions....the forced murder of an unborn child........is sanctioned by the government of China, indeed is the fulfillment of government policy.....and consistent with a disrespect for human life and a murderous need for absolute control that is the essence of Chinese government.

The list of comparative sins in Canada is not relevant, as all the acts listed are deviations from the norms of our society, are not the intentional result of a goverrnment policy, and have been investigated, prosecuted, and policies put in place to prevent repitions....

Can you tell the difference???

BTW, I think China defenders should probably avoid basing accusations of sickness in our society on a single 20 year old act of despicable violence perpetrated by a single looney..........especially in a year when there have been several instances of Chinese entering grade schools and killing.........

Stones and glass houses you know......

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

awful !

By the way:
Chinese woman forced to abort eight-month foetus
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/96632-chinese-woman-forced-abort-eight.html

Nope , I am aware of these crimes against humanity ,I don,t agree with abortion of a human live just like don't agree with any kind of murder.The abortion (murder) in China is performed because of overpopulation of the land forced on women who don't have much to say .....it's a law in China.

Indeed, be careful what you post because they might come and take you away if you don't agree with them ;-)

Same thing happen in Canada -immigrants are being murdered in airports by RCMP (Dziekanski)
Sorry that's not the same thing and was an isolated incident relating to a bunch of idiots who had poor training and acting like tasers are a toy & not dangerous.

I might agree with you if it was standard procedure and law here in Canada for RCMP officers to tackle and taser every immigrant to death that comes into this country we don't understand..... but since that isn't the case, your above example does not apply and certainly is not the "same thing."

,Innocent women gunned down in Quebec college by a sicko
And that's the same thing how? That was a nut job acting on his own screwed up reasoning and had no relation to the Canadian government, let alone condoned by the government or made into law that crazy people must run around shooting innocent people.

Funny how you'll bring that up but seem to ignore the long list of nut jobs there in China who go around schools stabbing and killing little children with knives and swords.

,Unexpected women being raped tortured and murdered by the head of the largest air force base in Canada -and when you take the difference in population of these two countries ........one of them is really sick .
Yup... one is really sick...... your above examples are examples of individuals who took matters into their own hands and broke the law.... and were in no way supported or promoted by our government.

Yet in the above case of this woman in China..... not only was it a direct assault on a civilian/citizen of China by a number of people, but it was a direct assault which was supported and cordoned by the Chinese government and their laws.

And when one puts into account the number of nuts in China who've gone around with their own killing sprees, stabbing, slashing and murdering little children while they attend school as well as people just going about their day when one of these nuts runs around town with a sword..... when one puts into account the number of people not just in China, but around the world who got sick and/or died from tainted food products and other products exported by China...... when one puts into account the number of people's pets and animals around the world that died from tainted pet foods from China...... and even after the Chinese government claimed to have cracked down on those corrupt companies trying to save a few bucks, there are still a number of companies and exported products found to have dangerous ingredients added.......

..... to put it simply.... we ain't got sh*t on China's corruption and sickness.

I think you might have spent a little too long in China because their propaganda, lies and lack of any factual information seems to be spilling over into your posts.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

As to the original topic, that would be a horrifying ordeal for the poor family to go through, regardless of the country it happened in.:(
shadowshiv

I am not bashing Canada - I'm just stating what has happened ;why do you guys bash China , US or anything else you can get your little hands on-and at the same implying that Canada is innocent of any wrong doing .....why?

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Nobody has ever said Canada is innocent of anything - but to compare is completely ridiculous. Would you justify dumping a septic tank's contents on your floor because your neighbour's puppy piddled on his?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Nobody has ever said Canada is innocent of anything - but to compare is completely ridiculous. Would you justify dumping a septic tank's contents on your floor because your neighbour's puppy piddled on his?
Nobody has ever said Canada is innocent of anything
........good ,so lay off China.
Once a wise man said ..You see a speck in your brothers eye but you don't see a log in your own eye......
Get rid off your log .........................!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Once a wise man said ..You see a speck in your brothers eye but you don't see a log in your own eye......

In this case, it is more like a molecule in Canada's eye..........and the Great Boreal Forest in China's.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

So sorry, dont want no trouble, just get out. I feel sorry for your mother.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

So, let me get this straight. You post a thread on what is happening in china, but we're not allowed to negatively comment on that thread. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. We don't live in a communist country where our speech is curtailed.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Stop taking what ever it is your are taking - You are incredible - Post a horror story that happen in China along with many other day in and day out - then you compare China's actions with Canada - But then we can all see that you follow China;s laws diligently now don't you.

Quote "The abortion (murder) in China is performed because of overpopulation of the land forced on women who don't have much to say .....it's a law in China."

In Iran certain persons of differing minority faiths are consdiered Heretics and are hanged for their beliefs - But I guess that is OK with you as it's the law.

And that justifies it - What a follower you are.
I think your IQ is working on a negative balance.