getting a better nights sleep... advice?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
ok I go to bed at 11pm nightly :brushteeth:for a 6:30am wake.

i've been doing this for a long time and man, I swear some nights?? ugh.. :disgust:

I have a 4 year old bed so it's not the bed. I need a cool room to be comfy so I turn the AC on at night to get it cold in there.

some mornings, I feel like I didn't sleep much and then some other mornings I feel pretty good! :walk:

so who can say what for me?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
A nice dube.

That's true ... and when that stops working you can alternate it with Valerian Root - nasty stinky stuff - but it works... for awhile. It's possible to build up a tolerance to these substances so alternating them for several weeks at a time might work.

You might also want to see a sleep clinic - if you have sleep apnea it could be costing you a good night's sleep and no amount of pot or other sleeping aid will solve that.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
These work too...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I find the best way is to have 3 or 4 naps during the day- that way if you don't get a good night's sleep it's not the end of the world. :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
One tip, incase you're a coffee or tea drinker... caffeine lasts 12 hours in your system, even if it doesn't keep you from falling asleep it has the capacity to screw up the sleep you do get.