best Video game you remember having?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
now I had a video game system from a pretty decent age. I think the first time I got one was in 1990. the Sega system. you know the black and red box with the very square looking cartridges. their games were obviously low graphics but they were the top of the market at the time.

then there was the Nintendo , then Sega Genesis, then Super, then Play Station and Play Station 2.

that's where it ended for me. I had about a 10 year run.

but I had my favorites from every system.

for the Sega it was a game called "Great Football" anyone know it?

they had this humourous set up. the voices were of Japanese accents, they had this great music during the game play.

Sega Genesis, well we had NHL 92. the best one of that system.

Madden was great too.

Playstation ws Madden same with PS2.

yea I loved sports games :)

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
I played lots of video games when I was young but mostly stopped because I feel it is a too much of a great way to waste precious time. But I have nothing against them.

Me and my brother still play Super Mario Kart on the Super Nintendo and we have so much fun doing it. The competitive aspect is what keeps us going back at it and the fact that we've become rather skilled at it!

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
ah yes, I agree about the first part.

I can't imagine myself sitting there in front of my TV playing the same game for hours on end. I'd feel like I have wasted too much of my day!

besides then you end up eating crap foods and crap drinks and before you know it "oh I weigh 200lbs!"

I'm at 177lbs and I have no plans to go back to that area.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Too many games to list off.

Systems in order of use:
Atari
Vic 20
Intellivision
Colecovision
Nintendo Entertainment System
Commodore 64/128
Sega Master System
Gameboy
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Genesis
Playstation
Nintendo 64
Dreamcast
Virtual Boy
Playstation 2
XBox
Nintendo Gamecube
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii

And of course Personal Computers dating back to when Windows 3.11 was the main Operating System (played Doom and Doom II) up to today. I suspect I forgot a few consoles here and there.

It'll take me some time to list of the games I'd consider I was "Addicted" to for each console, which I may do later.

ah yes, I agree about the first part.

I can't imagine myself sitting there in front of my TV playing the same game for hours on end. I'd feel like I have wasted too much of my day!

besides then you end up eating crap foods and crap drinks and before you know it "oh I weigh 200lbs!"

I'm at 177lbs and I have no plans to go back to that area.

Well if you weren't playing video games, you'd be watching tv or movies or playing board games ;-)

If I'm ever 177lbs then I should be taken to the hospital for malnutrition. :p

200-210lbs is about where my ideal weight should be for my height..... but right now I'm bouncing around the 220lbs area.... though I still don't look fat (I feel it though)

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
are you that guy sueing for Addiction? :p

Nope.... there were a few games I got stuck on and wanted to play a lot, but when needed, I could always put them down and go do something else..... they'd still be there when I came back (Unless I rented them of course)

I can't remember ever getting to the point where I couldn't even dress myself, socialize with my family and friends and ended up having to sue a game company for my own stupidity.

But my career and education does involve game design, animation and advertising, thus one could argue that video games are part of my job ;-) Video games have been a part of my life since I could pick up an Atari controller (around the age of 3-4 ~ Now 30 years old)..... while they're a part of my life..... they are not my life.

Jabberwock

Aug 20, 2010
Vancouver Island
We didn't have a gaming system when we were kids, but we did play games on the computer. My favorites were "The Island of Dr. Brain", some sort of robin hood game, and "Chips Challenge".

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
We didn't have a gaming system when we were kids, but we did play games on the computer. My favorites were "The Island of Dr. Brain", some sort of robin hood game, and "Chips Challenge".

I think the first game I played on a PC was good ol' Leisure Suit Larry

Now.... the list of games I played a lot on each system I previously listed:

Atari:
Keystone Kapers
Combat
River Raid
Space Invaders
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Frogger
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial
Mouse Trap

Vic 20:
Choplifter
Radar Rat Race

Intellivision:
Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling
Carnival

Colecovision:
Burgertime
Jumpman Jr.
Dukes of Hazard
And another one I can't remember its name, but it used the steering wheel and peddle to drive around on flying carpets and such.

Nintendo Entertainment System:
The Legend of Zelda
Faxanadu
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3

Commodore 64/128:
Ghosts ‘n Goblins
Test Drive II: The Duel
Paperboy
Pirates
Paradroid
Maniac Mansion
Gunship
Airborne Rangers

Sega Master System:
Phantasy Star
Golden Axe Warrior
Wonder Boy
Outrun

Gameboy:
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Wario Land (Super Mario Land 3)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Kirby's Dream Land
Tetris

Super Nintendo Entertainment System:
Mortal Kombat II - (That game I was addicted to)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Mario All Stars
Final Fantasy III
Secret of Mana
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country

Sega Genesis/Saga CD/ Sega 32X:
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Earthworm Jim
Sonic CD
Shinning Force
Flashback

Playstation:
Grand Theft Auto
Tekken 3
Medal of Honor
Resident Evil 2
Gran Turismo 2

Nintendo 64:
Mario Kart 64
Wave Race 64
Goldeneye 007
Super Mario 64

Dreamcast:
Soul Calibur

Virtual Boy:
Mario Tennis (I didn't play the VB much)

Playstation 2:
Didn't really play this often and the games I played were already on other consoles.

XBox:
Same with the PS2. Didn't like the controller or the console for that matter.

Nintendo Gamecube:
Super Smash Bros: Melee
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4 (The GC had superior graphics and load times compared to PS2)
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
I just have too many to choose from on the GameCube.

Playstation 3:
Far Cry 2

Nintendo Wii:
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sport Resort
Guitar Hero III
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Guitar Hero 5
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Tetris Party
Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
Trauma Centre: New Blood

I imagine I forgot a bunch for the Wii.... I got piles of Wii games, along with my GC games, WiiWare games and all the old console games I downloaded and installed on the Wii.

PC:
Half-Life
Team Fortress Classic
Day of Defeat
Half-Life 2
Team Fortress 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Carbon
Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix
Far Cry 2
Civilization IV + Expansions
Doom II
Quake
Quake III
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
Red Orchestra 3.3
Red Orchestra: Ostfront
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Gunbound
Battlefield 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: World at War

And of course there's probably thousands of games through all the consoles and computers I played games on that I'm not mentioning or forgetting..... but you get the idea. :p

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And of course Personal Computers dating back to when Windows 3.11 was the main Operating System (played Doom and Doom II) up to today. I suspect I forgot a few consoles here and there.

windows 3.11 was not an operating system. it was a gui.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Never played any console games. Straight PC and I still play. All time favourites in no particular order:

Heroes of Might and Magic and Titan Quest - I am still playing these.
Warcraft
Starcraft
Age of Empires I and II
Red Alert
Pac Man
Tetris

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
windows 3.11 was not an operating system. it was a gui.

Graphic User Interfaces became a part of Operating Systems a long time ago..... in other words, Windows 3.11 and earlier 3.x versions were Operating Systems that provided a GUI for the user to reference........

Windows 3.1x - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Windows 3.1x is a series of 16-bit operating systems produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers. The series began with Windows 3.1, which was first sold during March 1992 as a successor to Windows 3.0. Further editions were released between 1992 and 1994 until the series was superseded by Windows 95."

Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Mac OS by Apple Computers became the first widespread OS to feature a graphical user interface. Many of its features such as windows and icons would later become commonplace in GUIs."

To claim Windows 3.11 wasn't an OS makes about as much sense as claiming the OS you're using right now isn't an OS.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
It's a toss up between DUCK HUNT for the original Nintendo or GOD OF WAR 2 for Playstation

Ah yes, DuckHunt.... I could get pretty far on that game, though my friend's game had a glitch where so long as you aimed at the centre of the screen, you'd hit the duck every single time, no matter where it was on the screen and sometimes before it even got past the grass.

The clay shooting was a piece of cake that I reset the score a couple of times.

JakeElwood

~ Blues Brother ~
Nov 27, 2009
3,963 miles from Chicago
SEGA Mega-Drive: "Micro Machines Turbo Tournament" back in the mid-90s. The 4-player knockout race was real fun.

Atari 2600: "Space Invaders" and "Sky Diver" - simple games, but fun.

PC: "Slicks 'n' Slide" an overhead racing game developed for DOS in the early 90s.

Playstation 2: "Gran Turismo 2", "Wipeout".