Lotto max and 649 is a scam

furiousrooster

Aug 9, 2010
Lotto max and 649 are SCAMS set up by the OLG.....I actually called them cause the odds were not making sense as per the amount of tickets sold....they amount of people who draw there own numbers are 20 percent.....quick pick numbers accumulate to 70-80 percent....heres the catch....THEY WILL DRAW THE SAME NUMBERS AND DISPERSE THEM ACCORDINGLY.....for example if you get a quick pick number lets say 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 they will regenerate that same line repeatedly to others...they wouldnt give me the exact ratio of how often this occurs but this is all part of the SCAM

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is the third thread to appear today on the subject. Isn't this getting a little ridiculous? Two of them should be "deep sixed"......................................MODS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Of course they are scams. They are lotteries. Any chance of a win is remote indeed. Lotteries are a form of voluntary taxation or as I like to describe them "My high risk investment portfolio."

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
But look at the tax I will give them when I win the big 50! (in purchases)

fallenangel1

Dec 7, 2014
Lotto Max is a huge scam 100%. They will never show you the time when they do draw. Draws are pre recorded their software let them know right away who wins and if they don't like it they will do the draw again record video and post it. If you claim its not scam than why they don't show live time during draw?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lotto Max is a huge scam 100%. They will never show you the time when they do draw. Draws are pre recorded their software let them know right away who wins and if they don't like it they will do the draw again record video and post it. If you claim its not scam than why they don't show live time during draw?

Is there a chance there is something about it you are not aware of?:)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Of course they are scams. They are lotteries. Any chance of a win is remote indeed. Lotteries are a form of voluntary taxation or as I like to describe them "My high risk investment portfolio."

It's called the Stupid Tax... now let me go out and throw away my $25 for this week.

Remember, if you don't have a ticket... you can't win... and OH Yeah, if the quick pick is a scam, then pick you're own dam numbers.. duh.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Of course they are scams. They are lotteries. Any chance of a win is remote indeed. or as I like to describe them "My high risk investment portfolio."

That is one way to look at it.

What are the chances you will accumulate say a Million in cash over your working years? Are those odds better or worse than playing one ticket every draw for of 6/49 at 14 million to one or Lotto Max at 21 million to one?

I agree with you on the non televised, 'computer generated numbers' situation.

The draw should be more transparent and go back to the ping pong ball machines.

The Lottery operators are wondering why sales are so low and as we see in this thread they are going after the 'hipper younger gen' by enlisting the services of say Rogers so they can sell the tickets 'online'.

I caught a bit of a news story this week where the OLG is now going to offer online gambling (cutely they call it gaming) to compete with the offshore gambling dens.

This seems counter intuitive to their faux warning 'know your limit play within it'.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ontario/128802-ontario-liberals-shopping-sell-profitable.html

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
One thing I noticed over the years is that the majority of winners are in Ontario.
I wonder what percentage of tickets are bought in ON. Let's see, ON has about a third of the population of Canada so they must buy 5% of the total tickets and that means they'll win about 1% of the time. Makes sense to me.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The odds on winning the Canadian 649 Lottery, which has an average jackpot of €2,450,878, is 1 in 13,983,816

The odds on winning Britain's National Lottery (which celebrated its 20th birthday on 19th November), which has an average jackpot of €6,102,610, is 1 in 13,983,816.

The odds on winning the EuroMillions, which has an average jackpot of €15,254,152, is 1 in 116,531,800.

The odds on winnings the USA's Power Ball, which has an average jackpot of €32,414,152, is 1 in 175,223,510.

The odds on winning the USA's Mega Millions, which has an average jackpot of €84,597,737, is 1 in 175,711,536.

But look on the bright side. You've got far greater chance on winning any of these jackpots than you have of getting a tip from a Scotsman.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

High risk investment and charitable donation all in one!:)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Should I have put that in purple?

I wonder what percentage of tickets are bought in ON. Let's see, ON has about a third of the population of Canada so they must buy 5% of the total tickets and that means they'll win about 1% of the time. Makes sense to me.

Seems so because I was not the only one who thought you fell off the wagon and hit your head.