They executed an innocent man!

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
I saw a documentary on this story, the guy was supposed to have burned his house with his little children in it. He was a model father who loved his kids. He was convicted mostly on forensic fire evidence. According to the documentary it has now been proven that the burn pattern they were talking about can be caused without flammables.

Look at the guys face and his incredible little kids!!!

My God, they executed an innocent man

Read the article here

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
really? an innocent man? nawwww...can't be.... he was probably guilty of something else that he just didn't get caught at and deserved to be killed any ways.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Unless you've read a whole lot more than what you have shown here, I don't know how you conclude that this man is innocent. You think that a picture the press printed makes him guilt free? When the press wants to make the law look bad, they could take Charles Manson, put him in a suit with a smile on his face and tell everyone what an angel he is and it would be believed. Happens all the time. The man could be innocent but if he has already been executed, the evidence must have been pretty compelling. Doesn't it usually take about 20 yrs. for someone to actually receive the death penalty?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
it's the way the americans think....either that, or........ "oh well. mistakes sometimes happen. Better kill a few innocents than let a murderer go."

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
Unless you've read a whole lot more than what you have shown here, I don't know how you conclude that this man is innocent. You think that a picture the press printed makes him guilt free? When the press wants to make the law look bad, they could take Charles Manson, put him in a suit with a smile on his face and tell everyone what an angel he is and it would be believed. Happens all the time. The man could be innocent but if he has already been executed, the evidence must have been pretty compelling. Doesn't it usually take about 20 yrs. for someone to actually receive the death penalty?

I have been following this story for a long time. Even the experts are now saying the guy was innocent. They keep saying all protocols at the time were followed, but with today's knowledge on fire patterns he would never have been convicted.

This guy was a father who loved his kids, someone has to stand up for him and clear his name. He has a huge following of people including experts in the field that declare he was wrongfully convicted.

It's one thing to be convicted but at the same time as your family dies in a fire. My god, just imagine the suffering this father endured. It breaks my heart.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Apparently 12% of those incarcerated in American prisons are innocent of the crime they were sentenced for...................not sure of the validity of this statistic but it's "out there"............so it is conceivable an innocent man was executed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do you have a credible link to support this statement??

A lot of times it's better to take a man at his word than to come across as being an A$$hole. :smile::smile:

Normally I'd say you are right, but in Texas - executions are done almost like on an assembly line, an innocent person if he happened to get in the way, might get swept up in the excitement and be dead before he knew it. :lol:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
A lot of times it's better to take a man at his word than to come across as being an A$$hole. :smile::smile:

Normally I'd say you are right, but in Texas - executions are done almost like on an assembly line, an innocent person if he happened to get in the way, might get swept up in the excitement and be dead before he knew it. :lol:

who the hell cares and why? it's only one guy....no biggy.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Until it comes your turn to be the one guy, Ger.......................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

really....who the f|*ck cares? non combatants in Afghanistan, abortion, friendly fire...... really...with all the the f*cking killing, who the f*ck really cares.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Okay - I googled this case. I did not read everything but I have questions. There is no disputing that the mother was not home at the time. Where was this "innocent" father (whom you claim was such a good parent) when the fire started and how did it get so out of control before he knew it was happening? Neighbours say he was crouched down in the grass outside his home watching the fire and calling out for his children to be saved. Calling out to who? Even strangers will run into a burning bldg. if they know a human life is at stake and even strangers will ran into a burning house faster if they know children are in the house or water or wherever. This man was a wife beater and no one is denying that fact. There is no one better at making you believe their innocence than a sociopath which is what they claim he was. This quote from the article I read seems important to me in regard to his guilt or innocence:
The prosecution claimed that Willingham may have been motivated by a desire to rid himself of his unwanted children.[12] The prosecutor claimed that the fire which killed the children was the third attempt by Willingham to do so after attempting to abort each of two pregnancies by kicking his wife in order to cause miscarriages.[13] However, in a follow up article by David Grann, it was noted that "...there is evidence that Willingham hit his wife, even when she was pregnant, but there were no police reports or medical evidence indicating that Willingham had tried to abort or kill his children" and that "Willingham’s wife insisted during the trial and under interrogation that Willingham had not physically abused the children."[14]
The prosecutor also claimed that Willingham was a serial wife abuser, both physically and emotionally. Jackson also claimed Willingham had abused animals and was a sociopath.[7] However, those not associated with the case paint a different picture of Willingham. His former probation officer, Polly Goodin, said he had never demonstrated bizarre or sociopathic behavior and “He was probably one of my favorite kids,” she said. Even a former judge named Bebe Bridges—who had often stood, as she put it, on the “opposite side” of Willingham in the legal system, and who had sent him to jail for stealing—said that she could not imagine him killing his children. “He was polite, and he seemed to care,” she said.[1]

This man was no pillar of society. Sociopaths simply get better and better at covering up their guilt and in appearing to be exactly the person you want them to be. Even female sociopaths will marry and have children simply to give off the impression that all is normal in their lives. They can walk away from anyone in their lives at any given moment with no guilt. They do not understand feelings of guilt but they have the ability to make you (or anyone) believe they are horrified by an event. You have to have lived in the company of a sociopath for a long time to realize how devious they truly are. They are not capable of feelings of guilt. They cry on demand and do all they feel is necessary to be believed so they can go free of any and all crimes they are guilty of.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Okay - I googled this case. I did not read everything but I have questions. There is no disputing that the mother was not home at the time. Where was this "innocent" father (whom you claim was such a good parent) when the fire started and how did it get so out of control before he knew it was happening? Neighbours say he was crouched down in the grass outside his home watching the fire and calling out for his children to be saved. Calling out to who? Even strangers will run into a burning bldg. if they know a human life is at stake and even strangers will ran into a burning house faster if they know children are in the house or water or wherever. This man was a wife beater and no one is denying that fact. There is no one better at making you believe their innocence than a sociopath which is what they claim he was. This quote from the article I read seems important to me in regard to his guilt or innocence:
The prosecution claimed that Willingham may have been motivated by a desire to rid himself of his unwanted children.[12] The prosecutor claimed that the fire which killed the children was the third attempt by Willingham to do so after attempting to abort each of two pregnancies by kicking his wife in order to cause miscarriages.[13] However, in a follow up article by David Grann, it was noted that "...there is evidence that Willingham hit his wife, even when she was pregnant, but there were no police reports or medical evidence indicating that Willingham had tried to abort or kill his children" and that "Willingham’s wife insisted during the trial and under interrogation that Willingham had not physically abused the children."[14]
The prosecutor also claimed that Willingham was a serial wife abuser, both physically and emotionally. Jackson also claimed Willingham had abused animals and was a sociopath.[7] However, those not associated with the case paint a different picture of Willingham. His former probation officer, Polly Goodin, said he had never demonstrated bizarre or sociopathic behavior and “He was probably one of my favorite kids,” she said. Even a former judge named Bebe Bridges—who had often stood, as she put it, on the “opposite side” of Willingham in the legal system, and who had sent him to jail for stealing—said that she could not imagine him killing his children. “He was polite, and he seemed to care,” she said.[1]

This man was no pillar of society. Sociopaths simply get better and better at covering up their guilt and in appearing to be exactly the person you want them to be. Even female sociopaths will marry and have children simply to give off the impression that all is normal in their lives. They can walk away from anyone in their lives at any given moment with no guilt. They do not understand feelings of guilt but they have the ability to make you (or anyone) believe they are horrified by an event. You have to have lived in the company of a sociopath for a long time to realize how devious they truly are. They are not capable of feelings of guilt. They cry on demand and do all they feel is necessary to be believed so they can go free of any and all crimes they are guilty of.

Like I had said earlier......"even if he wasn't guilty of this....he probably deserved it anyways for something he didn't get caught at."...........

gawd ........... so predictable.....................

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
"Even the experts are now saying the guy was innocent."
As stated earlier - I did not read everything. Are they saying the guy is innocent or are they just saying there is no evidence that arson was committed? Probably a lot more guilty people go free than should be free, for lack of evidence. You'll notice that reports often state that a person has been set free but seldom state they have been proven innocent. Statements usually declare a person could not be proven guilty. He just doesn't sound guilt free to me.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
"Even the experts are now saying the guy was innocent."
As stated earlier - I did not read everything. Are they saying the guy is innocent or are they just saying there is no evidence that arson was committed? Probably a lot more guilty people go free than should be free, for lack of evidence. You'll notice that reports often state that a person has been set free but seldom state they have been proven innocent. Statements usually declare a person could not be proven guilty. He just doesn't sound guilt free to me.

Isn't it wonderfull that in our society the onus is on the state to prove GUILT, not on the individual to prove INNOCENCE. Unless of course you prefer the system where guiklt is assumed and innocence must be proven. Which is it VI?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I think every case is different. I do believe that a person should have to be proven guilty because it's too easy to look good for both the courts and even the police sometimes. I also believe it's wrong for the court to allow a guilty person to go free on a technicality. Especially for serious crime and it happens frequently when a scum bag lawyer is willing to take the case. A decent lawyer walks away from representing a client he/she knows is guilty of things such as murder/rape etc.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Isn't the stock answer kill them all and let God sort it out. I pretty sure that was policy while Bush was Chief Texacutioner.

Of course the criminal justice system is going to convict innocent people and in many places some crimes result in the death penalty. No system is perfect.