if Iran can't have Nuclear power/Weapons, shouldn't Israel follow suit?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
So the USA and a few other important countries are trying hard to make Iran stop any sort of production of Nuclear power or even Weapons of Nuclear type.

So why don't they force Israel to do this as well?

We know that they've got Nucs, so how come nobody is getting on their cases?

demanding that Israel disarm and destroy their Nuclear weaponry?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Its not just Israel. India and Pakistan also possess nukes without consequences. The other country which possesses nukes is North Korea, but with consequences.

Iran has no nuclear weapons and no nuclear weapon program. All they have is a closely monitored civilian nuclear program. Despite their cooperation with the IAEA, their pledge not to develop nuclear weapons, they are being punished until they prove they have no nuclear weapon program. (proving a negative is a logical impossibility).

Israel, India and Pakistan should face the same punitive measures as North Korea.

Punitive measures taken against Iran for their peaceful civilian nuclear program violate the NPT.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Could it have something to do with the instability of their dear leaders?

Kimmy and Mahmoud aren't exactly pillars of sanity.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
And yet another Israel thread to add to the 50+ existing ones. Genius. :roll:

Nukes should all disappear forever. :sleepy1: If I was 4 I'd believe it could happen.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Actually I think this is more of an NPT thread. At least I'm trying to expand it to include all nations which possess nukes in violation of the NPT.

I don't think its fair to focus only on Israel and ignore India or Pakistan which are more or less in the same situation.

As far as I know, Iran is the only country in the world which claims not to want nuclear weapons and yet faces economic sanctions until they can prove they don't have a nuclear weapon program. (Which is impossible of course)

BTW, I would support sanctions against Iran, if it was proven they had a nuclear weapon program. But I recognize a witch hunt when I see one. Minor infractions of voluntary NPT protocols before Iran even agreed to them and claims by questionable/unreliable sources have been spun to sound like conclusive proof Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons.

This reminds me of the way Iraq was treated before the illegal 2003 invasion/occupation which has killed about a million people so far. Just like Iran, Iraq had to prove a negative. They had to prove they didn't have WMD stockpiles, which they didn't.

Proving a negative is a logical impossibility. While absence of proof is not proof of absence, it also should not be treated as proof of existence.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Who cares. I say give everyone nukes, except maybe those African people (and others if there are any) that are serious about genocide. Then a few would not have anything to be envious over and any twit stupid enough to let a nuke fly at someone, would likely get rubbed out in no time flat by a half dozen other countries.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Who cares. I say give everyone nukes, except maybe those African people (and others if there are any) that are serious about genocide. Then a few would not have anything to be envious over and any twit stupid enough to let a nuke fly at someone, would likely get rubbed out in no time flat by a half dozen other countries.

Anna, sorry but that's a pretty ignorant comment.

I disagree whole heartedly with that statement!

Israel needs to be taken down a step or two and told to stop bullying Palistine and listen to those who gave them their land.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Anna, sorry but that's a pretty ignorant comment.
Prove it. I bet there are lots of people who'd agree with the logic.

I disagree whole heartedly with that statement!
I don't care.

Israel needs to be taken down a step or two and told to stop bullying Palistine and listen to those who gave them their land.
If the Palestines had nukes, do you think Israel wouldn't reconsider their position? If you think they would, good for you. If you think they wouldn't reconsider their position .... roflmao

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
well it's true. Palistine is being made to look like the bad guys here, when Israel needs to do their part too.
?? Have you been under a rock? The whole planet is pissed at Israel for being a dickhead. And the rational part of the planet thinks the Israelis are just as bad as Pallies for lobbing rockets into civilian masses.

I told you guys this would be just another thread about Israel.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Prove it. I bet there are lots of people who'd agree with the logic.

I don't care.

If the Palestines had nukes, do you think Israel wouldn't reconsider their position? If you think they would, good for you. If you think they wouldn't reconsider their position .... roflmao

Palestines don't have any nuclear weapons. I'm saying that people need to stop giving Israel preferential treatment and start making them back off too and get rid of their Nuclear powered weapons.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Palestines don't have any nuclear weapons. I'm saying that people need to stop giving Israel preferential treatment and start making them back off too and get rid of their Nuclear powered weapons.

1. How do you "make" a nation with at least 200 warheads and the ability to deliver them do anything??????? Tell me, because it needs to be used on North Korea immediately.

2. Israel has had nukes for 40 years. They have never used them, they have never even threatened to use them, despite the desperate straits they found themselves in during the 73 Yom Kippur War........they don't even speak of them, and keep them in a non-prepared state to avoid the use of them spur of the moment. In other words, Israel (unlike NK, Pakistan, and Iran) is sane, secure, responsible.

3. People do NOT give Israel preferential treatment.....far from it. 800,000 people have died in the Sudan in the last 10 years. 5 million have died in the Congo.
135,000 MAXIMUM have been killed in the IsRael-Arab conflict ON BOTH SIDES in 60 years, including 4 major wars.

Canada boards ships on the high seas with armed commandos regularly, searching for arms and terrorists.

Now, how much has Israel been crapped on for the above, how much have any of the rest of the nations?

You have a strange concept of PREFERENTIAL treatment.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
:roll: I know what you were saying. And I'm saying even though most of the planet thinks Israel is a dickhead, Israel ain't gonna back off. Nor will it get rid of its nukes. Thinking anyone will get rid of their nukes is naive. And Israel especially would be naive and particularly STUPID, considering the threat of Iran developing nukes.
Like I said a while back, if I was 4 I'd believe that people would get rid of their nukes.

1. How do you "make" a nation with at least 200 warheads and the ability to deliver them do anything??????? Tell me, because it needs to be used on North Korea immediately.

2. Israel has had nukes for 40 years. They have never used them, they have never even threatened to use them, despite the desperate straits they found themselves in during the 73 Yom Kippur War........they don't even speak of them, and keep them in a non-prepared state to avoid the use of them spur of the moment.
Up to here, I agree.
In other words, Israel (unlike NK, Pakistan, and Iran) is sane, secure, responsible.
That is debatable.

3. People do NOT give Israel preferential treatment.....far from it. 800,000 people have died in the Sudan in the last 10 years. 5 million have died in the Congo.
135,000 MAXIMUM have been killed in the IsRael-Arab conflict ON BOTH SIDES in 60 years, including 4 major wars.
Horse pucks. The USA dotes on Israel and so has Canuckville since Harpy got in.

Canada boards ships on the high seas with armed commandos regularly, searching for arms and terrorists.
Yay! Someone mentioned someone other than Israel!!

Now, how much has Israel been crapped on for the above, how much have any of the rest of the nations?
Ooooops. Back to Israel again.

You have a strange concept of PREFERENTIAL treatment.
Perhaps he does, but I still see the USA and Canada doting on Israel.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
:roll: I know what you were saying. And I'm saying even though most of the planet thinks Israel is a dickhead, Israel ain't gonna back off. Nor will it get rid of its nukes. Thinking anyone will get rid of their nukes is naive. And Israel especially would be naive and particularly STUPID, considering the threat of Iran developing nukes.
Like I said a while back, if I was 4 I'd believe that people would get rid of their nukes.

Up to here, I agree. That is debatable.

Horse pucks. The USA dotes on Israel and so has Canuckville since Harpy got in.

Yay! Someone mentioned someone other than Israel!!

Ooooops. Back to Israel again.

Perhaps he does, but I still see the USA and Canada doting on Israel.

that's what I mean..

US and Canada seem to think that Israel can do no wrong!

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
that's what I mean..

US and Canada seem to think that Israel can do no wrong!
So? I'm sure that Iran, Syria, etc. think Palestine can't do any wrong, too. Big deal.

My point is that nukes won't go away however nice the idea might be. So the best bet would be to make one side just as nuclear as the other. It leads to another cold war, but the last one had very little bloodshed. The USA couldn't bully the USSR and the USSR couldn't bully the USA. Everyone else was happy.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
So? I'm sure that Iran, Syria, etc. think Palestine can't do any wrong, too. Big deal.

My point is that nukes won't go away however nice the idea might be. So the best bet would be to make one side just as nuclear as the other. It leads to another cold war, but the last one had very little bloodshed. The USA couldn't bully the USSR and the USSR couldn't bully the USA. Everyone else was happy.

but that's wrong!

it's just like saying Let's give everyone a gun! so then they can shoot someone if they're feeling threatened! basically, making murder legal!

Nuclear weapons is NOT the answer!

sitting them both down and telling them to stop fighting over such stupid things and don't allow them to leave until they straighten this whole debacle out is the way to go!

Israel is just as at fault at this whole thing as Palestine is.