Noticing Blue Eyes In The Media, Worries About Immigration Perhaps

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Why am I notiicing more people in the media with blue eyes that really seem to stand out. Or have I just been blind for several decades. I recall people talking about Paul Newman's blue eyes bu that's about it. I never had much interest in the tipic until recently.

I think it is in part Canadians don't "want to be political" so they use other means to get their message across. And that message is to keep Canada a white man's land.

Take the Olympics for example, there was whining the opening ceremonies and Canadian team in general didn't reflect the so called multicultural nature of Canada. They were all white and that has flummoxed the promulticultural crowd. But you're not supposed to be against MCism, it is the new nature of Canada we are told.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I guess I'd have to ask what the cultural make-up of the country is, vs. the cultural representation on tv. Because in a country that's predominantly white, hearing that media is predominantly white doesn't surprise, offend, or worry me, in any way.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm with Karrie on this one. I don't think we ought to go out of our way to add diversity, but rather just be open and let it flow naturally. Statistically, we are more white and so that's more likely to occur naturally. When I was in China, most adds included Chinese looking people. Go figure.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I'm with Karrie on this one. I don't think we ought to go out of our way to add diversity, but rather just be open and let it flow naturally. Statistically, we are more white and so that's more likely to occur naturally. When I was in China, most adds included Chinese looking people. Go figure.

But we are adding a lot of "diversity" to Canada, which means of course non-white people. They don't make it too high in society in performance based activities such as sports. Elites cannot manage to push some groups up when they don't deserve it.

The elites control much of the media and want more diversity, exactly why is a mystery. I read in The Globe and Mail newspaper that covers of certain media with non-white people don't sell as well. That is due I think because people from China want to live with and see white Canadians, otherwise they would have stayed in China.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I think we should require visible minorities to become Olympic athletes and work in the media.

If they don't they should be brought before the human rights tribunal for violating their own human rights. Who do they think they are? Free citizens of a democratic country?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I don't know where you guys live or what news you watch, but where I live, we have reporters of all races and backgrounds..... and only a few I can remember who are blonde with blue eyes.

Of course I watch Global National and Global Maritimes news, and our local Maritime anchor is Tarek Hagamad.... sitting in for him this week has been Rebecca Lau..... neither is white, or blonde, or with blue eyes.... and they do the job just fine.

Tarek Hagamad

Rebecca Lau

As it goes for athletes.... *shrugs*

Whoever is the best, get's the spot.... I personally don't care what race someone is.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Why am I notiicing more people in the media with blue eyes that really seem to stand out. Or have I just been blind for several decades. I recall people talking about Paul Newman's blue eyes bu that's about it. I never had much interest in the tipic until recently.

I think it is in part Canadians don't "want to be political" so they use other means to get their message across. And that message is to keep Canada a white man's land.

Take the Olympics for example, there was whining the opening ceremonies and Canadian team in general didn't reflect the so called multicultural nature of Canada. They were all white and that has flummoxed the promulticultural crowd. But you're not supposed to be against MCism, it is the new nature of Canada we are told.

Are you for real?:roll:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That's interesting, because a few months ago, my wife and I commented that, for example, every ad for kids clothing on tv, and pretty much every one in magazines like Canadian Living, or Chatelaine, etc, include at a minimum one Asian child.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
In toronto ive noticed there are pakis with blue eyes, even some of their babies have blue eyes, ive even seen a native kid with the asiatic eyeform with dark blue eyes like me