Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
People have to realize these days....everyone has a camera!:lol:

Toronto transit fare collector caught sleeping on job

+Add image
OGLE Toronto - Jason Wieler
A TTC fare collector at McCowan Station was found sleeping on the job when a transit rider took a photograph.
Vote up this image!

A Toronto Transit Commission fare collector was sleeping on the job on Tuesday evening at McCowan station when a transit rider took a snapshot of the man. TTC spokesperson Brad Ross said its commission will launch an investigation.

The Toronto Transit Commission has launched an investigation after transit rider Jason Wieler took a photograph of a fare collector sleeping on the job on Tuesday evening at McCowan station, according to City News. Wieler posted the image on Twitter on Thursday with the caption “Yup, look how my TTC dollars R being spent.” Roughly 13,000 people have viewed the Twitter image.
The transit rider said he took the photograph to share among his friend with also the thought of the recent fare hike but did not want to get anyone in trouble. Wieler claims he stood at the TTC booth for five minutes as many riders did not pay their fare.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The spin is now to try and make the guy who took the picture into a villain, as he
didn't bang on the glass to wake up the Transit Worker to see if there was a medical
emergency.

Twist & spin & deflection for damage control....

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The spin is now to try and make the guy who took the picture into a villain, as he
didn't bang on the glass to wake up the Transit Worker to see if there was a medical
emergency.

Twist & spin & deflection for damage control....

Thats what the head union guy was saying,I guess they expect the public to look after their members health.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Thats what the head union guy was saying,I guess they expect the public to look after their members health.

When I saw that news clip, I thought, "OK, he screwed up." Then, when the head of the union jumped to his defence by saying we didn't know if it was a medical problem, I laughed out loud.

I'm sure the guy will continue to be defended by his union, while the TTC just raised their fares. I don't think they're getting their money's worth with this slug, or the other one they showed in a separate photo.

The other thought that came to mind was, "How important can that job be if one can fall into a deep sleep in the middle of it?" Perhaps it's all the TTC's fault for not adding enough duties to that particular job. The might want to review their organization for a few improvements in efficiencies...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

emergency.

Twist & spin & deflection for damage control
When I looked at the photo first thing that came to mind was "apnea". I'd assume his snoring confirmed his good health.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
When I saw that news clip, I thought, "OK, he screwed up." Then, when the head of the union jumped to his defence by saying we didn't know if it was a medical problem, I laughed out loud.

I'm sure the guy will continue to be defended by his union, while the TTC just raised their fares. I don't think they're getting their money's worth with this slug, or the other one they showed in a separate photo.

The other thought that came to mind was, "How important can that job be if one can fall into a deep sleep in the middle of it?" Perhaps it's all the TTC's fault for not adding enough duties to that particular job. The might want to review their organization for a few improvements in efficiencies...

I had important jobs that required me to sleep on shift to perform efficiently. In a shift working electromechs job it was frequently necessary to curl up under a large slice of cardboard in some cozy corner at 04:00 when the bio batteries slipped, this was purely to keep in prime response condition, not to be confused with sleeping at all. Consentrating on the job in this manner is a vast improvement in work efficiency, you just have to be standing in the right place to see it.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
I had important jobs that required me to sleep on shift to perform efficiently. In a shift working electromechs job it was frequently necessary to curl up under a large slice of cardboard in some cozy corner at 04:00 when the bio batteries slipped, this was purely to keep in prime response condition, not to be confused with sleeping at all. Consentrating on the job in this manner is a vast improvement in work efficiency, you just have to be standing in the right place to see it.

I'd guess the person who took the photo of the "on the job" TTC guy was standing in the right place, at the wrong time! :lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I'd guess the person who took the photo of the "on the job" TTC guy was standing in the right place, at the wrong time! :lol:

:lol: Exactly. So now what was completely normal deep work related concentration has become twisted out of any resemblance to the actual truth of the matter and a veteran highly skilled valuable employees integrity has been besmirched by a trick of observation in the dark of night itself. There is no case for termination and I suggest a short holiday from work so the man can recover, fully. I don't think we should press for damages at this time, but it should be mentioned.