South Dakota handed over to Oglala Souix

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I wonder if they would become one of the States that are exploring the 'right to sucede from the US ?

States do not have a right to seceed from the US. A whole bunch tried that once...FAILED.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I wonder if they would become one of the States that are exploring the 'right to sucede from the US ?
The Lakota Souix already did declare independence a year or so ago. I think they are taking it to the world court.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The Lakota Souix already did declare independence a year or so ago. I think they are taking it to the world court.

Really?

So the Sioux will go to the world court and maybe the World Court will say...

"Yes...South Dakota belongs to you"

and the Sioux reps will come back with a cool little document and people from South Dakota will live as they always had under the red, white and blue.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Got this in the mail today. Thought I would share it. Don't know how authentic it is. Will look it up.
View attachment 1258

You do know that this is satire don't you?

Glossy News is like The Onion

Washington DC (GlossyNews) — On Friday, in a late business wrap up, the US Congress gave back the state of South Dakota to the Oglala Sioux Tribe. Reports have surfaced that an obscure bill, which was suppose to cede a 100 acre parcel of land in South Dakota back to the Oglala Sioux, had a small typographic error in the official copy which, accidentally, ceded the entire state of South Dakota back to the Oglala Sioux.

You bought that Cliff? :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A little about the author of the article...

Reverend Mike - who has written 15 posts on GlossyNews.com.
@rev_rend Reverend Mike is a contributing editor for Glossy News. He was a Combat Chaplain with the Soviet Red Army in the 1980s. A career which he describes as an 'unappreciated field of endeavor'. He later worked as an Information Officer with the TASS News Agency on assignment in White Sands, NM. The collapse of the Soviet Union left him unemployed and homeless. He survived by selling magazine subscriptions door to door disguised as a college coed. He was later kidnapped and take to Shanghai where he was sold into a white slavery ring. He lived as a concubine for a Japanese music industry mogul until 2002 when a wardrobe malfunction revealed his true identity. He found himself homeless and unemployed again, with only his collection of Polaroid snap shots. Reverend Mike has since scraped together a meagre living by blackmailing Japanese industrialists. Reverend Mike lives in a small 5 bedroom penthouse flat overlooking Central Park in New York City.
His hobbies include exotic motorcycles, supermodels and owning small nations....

Always a pleasure Cliff.... Always a pleasure :lol: