H1N1 Vaccine - An American Perspective

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
:roll: What is this..... has this forum turned into a home away from home for tinfoil hatters?

Good to hear you have an open mind on matters that are important to many, Gerry. Did you give the article a read?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
of course I did, and his/her conclusions are NOT based on fact...period. Of course there were no blind tests done specifically for the H1N1 shot, just like there are no blind tests done on the seasonal flu shot. They were all done when the original flu shots were developed. He's a f*cking idiot trying to spread fear and panic because he doesn't have enough brains to understand what he is writing about.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
of course I did, and his/her conclusions are NOT based on fact...period. Of course there were no blind tests done specifically for the H1N1 shot, just like there are no blind tests done on the seasonal flu shot. They were all done when the original flu shots were developed. He's a f*cking idiot trying to spread fear and panic because he doesn't have enough brains to understand what he is writing about.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. And in such a congenial and polite way.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What part of that article came across as factual and not tainted by an agenda to cater to his sponsors?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
gerry: I have not read the article because for some odd reason, I cannot. It won't open for me. What I want to say though is this - my nephew is a doctor. He is 1.5 yrs. away from being a psychiatrist. Just telling you that so you know how many years of med school he's had. He was home at Christmas and he said that he had been severely ill with the flu. Since he is not a full fledged psychiatrist yet, he still works with all types of medicine and right now works in the ER. His feeling is that even though he had the shot for the H1N1, he thinks he still had it. After the shot. He was just talking to family and not fear mongering. He did say he was terribly ill. He wishes he had had a swab done so he would know but he says that they are not swabbing anyone anymore. I guess we'll never really know.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
What part of that article came across as factual and not tainted by an agenda to cater to his sponsors?

Karrie - It's a bit lengthy but here's the author's bio:

About the author: Mike Adams is a natural health researcher and author with a mission to teach personal and planetary health to the public He has authored more than 1,500 articles and dozens of reports, guides and interviews on natural health topics, reaching millions of readers with information that is saving lives and improving personal health around the world. Adams is an independent journalist with strong ethics who does not get paid to write articles about any product or company. In 2007, Adams launched EcoLEDs, a manufacturer of mercury-free, energy-efficient LED lighting products that save electricity and help prevent global warming. He also founded an environmentally-friendly online retailer called BetterLifeGoods.com that uses retail profits to help support consumer advocacy programs. He's also the CEO of a highly successful email newsletter software company that develops software used to send permission email campaigns to subscribers. Adams is currently the executive director of the Consumer Wellness Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit, and enjoys outdoor activities, nature photography, Pilates and adult gymnastics. He's also author of numerous health books published by Truth Publishing and is the creator of several consumer-oriented grassroots campaigns, including the Spam. Don't Buy It! campaign, and the free downloadable Honest Food Guide. He also created the free reference sites HerbReference.com and HealingFoodReference.com. Adams believes in free speech, free access to nutritional supplements and the ending of corporate control over medicines, genes and seeds. Known as the 'Health Ranger,' Adams' personal health statistics and mission statements are located at www.HealthRanger.org

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
He should also be able to tell you what they tell you at the time of getting the vaccine....

1. It is not 100% effective.
2. It takes time to build an immunity, and you can still catch the flu before that immunity is built in two weeks or so.

He could easily fall into either of the eventualities that we were warned of when we got our shots. It's not like they're keeping it a secret.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Karrie - It's a bit lengthy but here's the author's bio:

Yeah, I'd already read the author's bio, thus my hesitance to listen to his view on it. He stands to gain, monetarily, from instilling fear in people. My doctor on the other hand, doesn't. She has no pharmaceutical sponsor. Adams on the other hand DOES have sponsors (and sites he himself owns) that stand to profit from people turning away from vaccinations.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Yeah, I'd already read the author's bio, thus my hesitance to listen to his view on it. He stands to gain, monetarily, from instilling fear in people. My doctor on the other hand, doesn't. She has no pharmaceutical sponsor. Adams on the other hand DOES have sponsors (and sites he himself owns) that stand to profit from people turning away from vaccinations.

Jeez, I just re-read the article to make sure I didn't miss anything - Actually, I thought the facts looked fairly credible and presented well.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
what "facts" did he present to justify his statement that 1000's have died after recieving the shot? I didn't see any "facts", only his own biased suppositions.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Really? Because I'd barely gotten into the article when this gem jumped out at me...

"They want you (and mainstream media journalists) to mistakenly believe that ZERO deaths occurred in those who were vaccinated." (emphasis on zero not mine but the author's)

It's complete and utter bull, since 'they' warn you about side effects, less than 100% effectiveness, and the possibility of getting sick in the first weeks when your immunity is not developed yet. Anyone who has actually paid attention when looking into the immunization debate knows that.

He follows that gem up immediately with this one...

"Being vaccinated against H1N1 swine flu offers absolutely no reduction in mortality from swine flu infections."

No kidding... what it does offer is a reduction in risk of getting infected in the first place, not to prevent the infection from being more severe if it does slip past the vaccine.

Then he points out that there have been roughly (by him guessing by the numbers), 2200 deaths. and he emphasizes this with a ! . What he fails to do is go back and hold that against the number originally vaccinated... 61 MILLION. So, when docs and vaccination clinics are being up front about the fact that it is not 100% effective against catching the flu, are we really supposed to be surprised and appalled that 2200 people died despite vaccines?

The author poses the question.... "How do I know that swine flu vaccines don't reduce infection mortality?"

Uhmmm... perhaps because no one claims it does. Not one vaccine manufacturer will tell you that the H1N1 vaccine will make a breakthrough infection less virile.

And from there he just keeps playing with numbers and a faulty line of logic that are flawed in the first place

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
what "facts" did he present to justify his statement that 1000's have died after recieving the shot? I didn't see any "facts", only his own biased suppositions.

Let's just suppose that of the many millions in the U.S. who received the shot a couple of thousand received it (unknowingly) after they had contracted the disease added to the fact that the shot takes 10 days or so to be effective, so would it not be within the realm of possibility that a few died?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Let's just suppose that of the many millions in the U.S. who received the shot a couple of thousand received it (unknowingly) after they had contracted the disease added to the fact that the shot takes 10 days or so to be effective, so would it not be within the realm of possibility that a few died?

I'm not saying it isn't...... countrybumpkin stated that there were facts to back up this morons views....in the article..... there aren't any...period.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not saying it isn't...... countrybumpkin stated that there were facts to back up this morons views....in the article..... there aren't any...period.

Not worth losing sleep over- they've having bigger problems down in Haiti.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm not here to be polite...you want polite, sit in on your local womens church group. I'll tell it the way I see it.