Canadian Stereotypes (Canadian Stereotypes)

WhatAbootCanada
+1
Hey everybody, you know how SOO many non-Canadians come up with all of these bogus stereotypes for Canadians, like "it always snows in canada" or "there are no police men in canada, just mounties" well me and my friend are making a youtube channel in which we disprove canadian stareotypes in comedic ways, you should check it out! We already made an introduction video but we are planning on making our next video VERY soon!

YouTube - WhatAbootCanada's Channel

petterhny
It's always winter in Canada, it's like Narnia.

Cannuck
Canadians are nicer than Americans and more fun than the British.

Ron in Regina
Canadian Beer drank by everybody...all the time? Always polite?

petterhny
Canadian are kind of behind on fashion, as are all americans.

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by petterhnyView Post

Canadian are kind of behind on fashion, as are all americans.

Since when is "plaid" behind on fashion?

CDNBear
Us Injuns is always in war paint and building birch bark canoes.

petterhny
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Since when is "plaid" behind on fashion?

As long as you wear it as kilt in scotland i see no problem...

Cannuck
It's kinda hard to be fashionable in Winnipeg in February

petterhny
isnt really to bad...
in europe you see a whole lot postmodern hippy type people. they wear a lot of weird stuff...on purpose i guess.

SirJosephPorter
According to many Americans (those that know of the existence of Canada anyway), we live in igloos, wear moccasins and eat raw seal meat for lunch.

darkbeaver
Clairtone was a Canadian stereo type.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by WhatAbootCanadaView Post

Hey everybody, you know how SOO many non-Canadians come up with all of these bogus stereotypes for Canadians, like "it always snows in canada" or "there are no police men in canada, just mounties" well me and my friend are making a youtube channel in which we disprove canadian stareotypes in comedic ways, you should check it out! We already made an introduction video but we are planning on making our next video VERY soon!

YouTube - WhatAbootCanada's Channel

You made an horrific spelling mistake that is sterotypicaly American. I apologize for mine.

strange
here's a stereotype for you
Canadians always complain about being stereotyped. bunch of whiny bitches we be!!!

lone wolf
We're polite and obey every law

VanIsle
Sure we do!

Cristiane
Quote: Originally Posted by petterhnyView Post

isnt really to bad...
in europe you see a whole lot postmodern hippy type people. they wear a lot of weird stuff...on purpose i guess.

On purpouse for sure! lol
I'm also from Europe and worse, from a Fine Arts School, some times I feel like walking in the middle of a circus because they wear some horrible, bad taste, old and ugly clothes! lolll

Anyways, I alwats hated to hear bad things about Canada in general. The idea I have from the nation is that they're quite tolerant, friendly and have their heads in the right place, enought to make other nations envy. But I guess only canadians can tell if that's right or not! :P

Cannuck
Some typical Canadian images..

Trotz
Whether I go up to Alberta, they often seem to think everyone in British Columbia is Chinese, I don't know whether to cry because that's ignorance or if its true from the perspective of Albertan tourists who probably hang out in Vancouver and go nowhere else in the province.

In British Columbian Stereotypes, which are more or less the same throughout the Pacific North West, we're mainly of tall lumberjack fishermen known for good beer (Portland / Okaganon) and I guess throw in a few hippie streotypes for our cities..

Cannuck
People that think they are all Chinese in BC don't realize David Suzuki and Ian Hanomansing live there so at least two people aren't Chinese.

Cliffy
That's OK because most BCers think Alberia is inhabited by Texans who can't drive on curved roads.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by TrotzView Post

Whether I go up to Alberta, they often seem to think everyone in British Columbia is Chinese, I don't know whether to cry because that's ignorance or if its true from the perspective of Albertan tourists who probably hang out in Vancouver and go nowhere else in the province.

In British Columbian Stereotypes, which are more or less the same throughout the Pacific North West, we're mainly of tall lumberjack fishermen known for good beer (Portland / Okaganon) and I guess throw in a few hippie streotypes for our cities..

Last time I went to Hongcover I thought that somehow I had done a rip van winkle and wound up in asia. And I grw up on the coast.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

That's OK because most BCers think Alberia is inhabited by Texans who can't drive on curved roads.

I thought oilberta was colonized by newfies.

Trotz
Nevermind all those illegal immigrants from Ukraine

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I thought oilberta was colonized by newfies.

Texans in the south and Newfies in the north.

Trotz
It is but then the weather become unbearable unless you're accustomed to it.

I know I am used to 4C and extreme humidity but most Americans would have a heart attack in those conditions.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

People that think they are all Chinese in BC don't realize David Suzuki and Ian Hanomansing live there so at least two people aren't Chinese.

Isn't Ian Hanomansing from New Brunswick?

Serryah
Ian Hanomansing is from New Brunswick; he's actually from my home town of Sackville. I actually had his father for my seventh and eighth grade English teacher. Nice people.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Isn't Ian Hanomansing from New Brunswick?

Could be...but I'm pretty sure he lives in Vancouver.

tay

Blackleaf
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Canadians are nicer than Americans and more fun than the British.

That's debatable. Canadians have a reputation for being rather dull. They are like North American Scandinavians, even down to the icy landscapes and weather.