Canadian Stereotypes

WhatAbootCanada

Aug 16, 2009
Hey everybody, you know how SOO many non-Canadians come up with all of these bogus stereotypes for Canadians, like "it always snows in canada" or "there are no police men in canada, just mounties" well me and my friend are making a youtube channel in which we disprove canadian stareotypes in comedic ways, you should check it out! We already made an introduction video but we are planning on making our next video VERY soon!

YouTube - WhatAbootCanada's Channel

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's kinda hard to be fashionable in Winnipeg in February

petterhny

Apr 17, 2009
Netherlands
isnt really to bad...
in europe you see a whole lot postmodern hippy type people. they wear a lot of weird stuff...on purpose i guess.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
According to many Americans (those that know of the existence of Canada anyway), we live in igloos, wear moccasins and eat raw seal meat for lunch.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Hey everybody, you know how SOO many non-Canadians come up with all of these bogus stereotypes for Canadians, like "it always snows in canada" or "there are no police men in canada, just mounties" well me and my friend are making a youtube channel in which we disprove canadian stareotypes in comedic ways, you should check it out! We already made an introduction video but we are planning on making our next video VERY soon!

YouTube - WhatAbootCanada's Channel

You made an horrific spelling mistake that is sterotypicaly American. I apologize for mine.

strange

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2009
Toronto
here's a stereotype for you
Canadians always complain about being stereotyped. bunch of whiny bitches we be!!!

Cristiane

Nov 3, 2010
Portugal
www.facebook.com
isnt really to bad...
in europe you see a whole lot postmodern hippy type people. they wear a lot of weird stuff...on purpose i guess.

On purpouse for sure! lol
I'm also from Europe and worse, from a Fine Arts School, some times I feel like walking in the middle of a circus because they wear some horrible, bad taste, old and ugly clothes! lolll

Anyways, I alwats hated to hear bad things about Canada in general. The idea I have from the nation is that they're quite tolerant, friendly and have their heads in the right place, enought to make other nations envy. But I guess only canadians can tell if that's right or not! :p

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Whether I go up to Alberta, they often seem to think everyone in British Columbia is Chinese, I don't know whether to cry because that's ignorance or if its true from the perspective of Albertan tourists who probably hang out in Vancouver and go nowhere else in the province.

In British Columbian Stereotypes, which are more or less the same throughout the Pacific North West, we're mainly of tall lumberjack fishermen known for good beer (Portland / Okaganon) and I guess throw in a few hippie streotypes for our cities..

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
People that think they are all Chinese in BC don't realize David Suzuki and Ian Hanomansing live there so at least two people aren't Chinese.