Andem has asked if we want some changes

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I would like to see one change. Threads disappear off the page much too quickly. Sometimes not quickly enough but that's the way it goes. I would like it if the names of the topics such as Club CC; Canadian Cafe etc. etc. were listed across the top of the page just as they are. Clicking on them on the top of the page could open a window for us to see what we now see on the bottom of this page. That would free up so much space for so many more threads to show and to be discussed. If you are away for a few hours, you can miss something that has been directed to you or something you truly find interesting and miss completely. I've seen threads surface that are days old and I had no idea they were even here in the first place. Anyone agree? :smile:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
It's a good point VanIsle. There were supposed to be tabs which showed different topics in various categories but it takes a bunch more resources to call them up each time the page loads. I'll see what I can do though.

Secondly, I'm trying a more compact header right now which you can preview if you goto http://forums.canadiancontent.net/profile.php?do=editoptions (At the very bottom of the page, change your style to "Canadian Content 2.12 Blue"). Let me know what you think of that.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I like it but - I am assuming it is still a work in progress because I cannot go to the top of the page and click on "home". I have to X out.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm sure I've asked for this before but, free beer on Fridays would be great. Other than that, I can't think of any changes the place needs.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm sure I've asked for this before but, free beer on Fridays would be great. Other than that, I can't think of any changes the place needs.

You are not a Moderator or the Owner so free beer on Fridays will never happen for you. You could carry our empties to the beer store for us, though.;-):lol::p

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Only one I can think of is that I'd like to be able to go to the last page of a thread without having to click each thread page consecutively to get to it. The word association thread is pure hell.

I don't have that problem, I just click on "last". I can see what VanIsle is talking about in that threads disappear quickly if not responded to for a few hours. I've had to find some by going into search, but that only works if you can remember a key word of the title.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I liked it for the first few minutes but after a while it made me dizzy. I *might* be able to add a short cut in the finalised 2.12 version I'm working on. Shadow said the logo fades into the background too much on the default theme.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I would like to see one change. Threads disappear off the page much too quickly. Sometimes not quickly enough but that's the way it goes. I would like it if the names of the topics such as Club CC; Canadian Cafe etc. etc. were listed across the top of the page just as they are. Clicking on them on the top of the page could open a window for us to see what we now see on the bottom of this page. That would free up so much space for so many more threads to show and to be discussed. If you are away for a few hours, you can miss something that has been directed to you or something you truly find interesting and miss completely. I've seen threads surface that are days old and I had no idea they were even here in the first place. Anyone agree? :smile:

I'm with you, good suggestion.