An Apology

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It has come to my attention that that certain individuals don't like having me tell everybody where they work or what their family members do or don't do for a living. I was unaware that this was a problem because the individual in question publicly stated that he didn't care. I guess he did because a complaint was made privately.

Despite the fact that I have not broken any forum rules and despite the fact that I have so little respect for an individual who runs to mommy when he gets publicly spanked, I do respect the mods and don't want to involve them in somebody elses childish and petty tantrums.

Therefore, I want to apologize for hurting the posters feelings. I was unaware of how upset this poster was by me telling people where he worked and I won't mention the name of the store again. I was also unaware of how upset the poster was when I informed people what his better half did (or didn't do) for a living. I will no longer tell people that she doesn't do what the poster claims she does.

I mistakenly assumed that this poster was honest and when he said it didn't bother him, it actually didn't bother him. I also believed that, if he were bothered, he would do the adult thing and contact the cause of his embarrassment and request that they cease embarrassing him. It would appear that I drastically overestimated this particular poster.

So, is I've said, the mods have their own lives and I don't want them to waste their own valuable time with this issue. I suggest, in the future, that we use the following form to help the moderators deal with these issues more effectively.

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
I like your Hurt Feelings Report form. May I borrow it? I have a few people who I would like to send it to.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It has come to my attention that that certain individuals don't like having me tell everybody where they work or what their family members do or don't do for a living. I was unaware that this was a problem because the individual in question publicly stated that he didn't care. I guess he did because a complaint was made privately.

Despite the fact that I have not broken any forum rules and despite the fact that I have so little respect for an individual who runs to mommy when he gets publicly spanked, I do respect the mods and don't want to involve them in somebody elses childish and petty tantrums.

Therefore, I want to apologize for hurting the posters feelings. I was unaware of how upset this poster was by me telling people where he worked and I won't mention the name of the store again. I was also unaware of how upset the poster was when I informed people what his better half did (or didn't do) for a living. I will no longer tell people that she doesn't do what the poster claims she does.

I mistakenly assumed that this poster was honest and when he said it didn't bother him, it actually didn't bother him. I also believed that, if he were bothered, he would do the adult thing and contact the cause of his embarrassment and request that they cease embarrassing him. It would appear that I drastically overestimated this particular poster.

So, is I've said, the mods have their own lives and I don't want them to waste their own valuable time with this issue. I suggest, in the future, that we use the following form to help the moderators deal with these issues more effectively.

May I also recommend that you offer an olive branch as well.... Johnson & Johnson makes an excellent baby shampoo that guarantees 'no more tears'. A constructive addition for those that wish to maintain cleanliness without the additional stress of soap in the eyes. (I don't know for sure, but it may even be Doctor approved.. Anyone know a Doctor that will comment?).

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What a beautiful example of all the things an apology isn't Cannuck. Good job! Love the form btw.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Only have to apologize when sensitive people take offense.If your Putting someone in danger by giving a persons enemies or unsavory people ,the place to get that sensitive poster/person/.That is not recommended , and could be punishable by law , IF lord forbid, some phycho physically went after that offended person, and did damage ,based on your information.

.Unless that offended person gave permission to post his/her name/address and personal info...That would make all the difference.

..Need tough skin if you want to get to the truth ...Everyone can be an ahole ...Some know enough to apologize..Others don't care and will never care what others think about them...

Online there should be free reign to say what you will...However the laws are very different in the physical world ..So be careful.!.Could come back to haunt you later . When all other sides say your wrong..sometimes it's best to admit it ,appologize and move on....(unless all against you are working on the same side..)...

If people have an alias it's for a reason..Mostly for security/safety ..anonymity...There are reasons for "usernames"..So using common sense is sometimes best...

Lets make sure we protect the freedom of speech or we will lose it..

If you can't take the heat!..Don't be a victum...Just go where your welcome..

Sorry if I offended anyone...If you want to file a complaint..e-mail me at greenfish66@hotmail.com ..I'll get back at you later...

Everyone lighten up..

Enjoy the day

B.Greenfish66

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I have Cannuck on ignore, but somebody brought this it thread to my attention. It is only fair that I give the true story here. I here reproduce my E Mail to the moderator, Ron.

I need you help. I think you are a moderator. Recently one poster, Cannuck has claimed several times that he knows me personally, which he doesn’t.

He also has said that I work at Staples (which I don’t), that my wife is not a doctor (which she is). My question is, can any action be taken against him?

Because I am thinking of another angle. As I have said in the forum, I don’t care what he says about me, I have put him on ignore anyway (but ----- contacted me privately, asking me if it was true that Cannuck knew me personally).

However, he has made some troubling statements.

He knows me personally.
I work at Staples.
My wife is not a doctor.

These statements could very well be actionable (in a court of law). Now again, I don’t care what he says, but if he says something similar to somebody else, that somebody else may not be as charitable.

He may decide to sue Cannuck, demand in a court of law that he prove his statements, and if not, he could collect substantial damages from him.

And very likely he will name the forum in the suit and name the moderators and the forum owner as codefendants.

You may be storing trouble for the forum I the future. So again, can any action be taken against Cannuck? Perhaps you may wish to consult other moderators.

My suggestion would be to ask him to produce my name and address (since he claims to know me personally) and if he cannot, some action could be taken against him.

Would you please get back to me at your convenience. Thanks.

While I did not care what Cannuck said (I had him ignore anyway), he evidently doesn’t seem to know that when he makes factual statements (such as my wife is not a doctor), he can be sued in a court of law, asked to prove them, or damages be collected from him.

While an opinion is usually not actionable, a statement of fact (that somebody works at Staples, or that somebody is not a doctor) is. While I have no desire to sue anybody (if Cannuck hates me for some unknown reason, that is his problem, not mine), if he makes such statements to somebody else in future, that somebody may not be as charitable.

And again, I don’t care what happens to him, but I was concerned that the forum maybe named as a co defendant in such a suit.

I think my concern was justified.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Anonymous vs anonymous.... Might as well be laughed out of the Courthouse too....

Did you ever consider if you didn't push to the point, the point wouldn't be reached? You are the creator of your own troubles. Grow up!

Last edited:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
How can someone claiming your wife not be a doctor be actionable offense in court? Your wifes identity and yours is unknown to the forum, I can't see how a bruised e-credibility is grounds for a civil suit.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
I have never believed that your wife is a doctor, or that your son is in medical school. In fact I would be surprised if you are even married. It's the amount of intelligence you display in your posts that formed my opinion. People choose mates who are similar to themselves in intelect, and thus I can't imagine a doctor chosing you. I don't know or care where you work, but for what it's worth, you sound like you're still in school.

If you want people to think of you as an adult, start acting like one.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How can someone claiming your wife not be a doctor be actionable offense in court? Your wifes identity and yours is unknown to the forum, I can't see how a bruised e-credibility is grounds for a civil suit.

lol... no one would be able to press a law suit for ruined e-cred. Saying that someone's spouse is or isn't what one claims them to be is not a legal issue, unless names are named, and livelihood is threatened. Essentially, unless someone was to say 'Jane Seymour does not hold a valid license to practice medicine', it's a non-issue.

I find it funny that anyone would even think they could bring it to legal proceedings. Mind you, depending how it was worded, it could be one of the many thinly veiled threats I've seen made to forum administrations in the past.... 'do something about this person, or I could name you in a law suit and cost you a lot of money'. A way of forcing the forum's hand basically. But, of course, without seeing what was said, that's a hard call to make.