Wow! Spring has Sprung!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It's amazing! A week ago we had some snow flurries. Today - well - I had the door open for awhile to let the fresh air in it's so nice out there. People are raking and planting and digging. Just a moment ago, much to my surprize, I heard someone start up a lawn mower. It is still running so they must be mulching or something! What a day! Ain't life grand.;-)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yup. Same things happening around here too. I cleaned out the flower beds the other day. Tulips should be popping up by the weekend. WOOHOO

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's amazing! A week ago we had some snow flurries. Today - well - I had the door open for awhile to let the fresh air in it's so nice out there. People are raking and planting and digging. Just a moment ago, much to my surprize, I heard someone start up a lawn mower. It is still running so they must be mulching or something! What a day! Ain't life grand.;-)

Yep, we are getting up here in the Boundary too, although still getting frost in the early morning. Lots of yard work to do, dethatching the lawn, doing some patch work on the lawn, pruned the apple trees already.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yep, we are getting up here in the Boundary too, although still getting frost in the early morning. Lots of yard work to do, dethatching the lawn, doing some patch work on the lawn, pruned the apple trees already.

Yeah, I'm doing yard work too, and went for a walk, today with my daughter,
along the river, beautiful and quite warm, still haven't pulled the shorts out
to wear, better get to it, the warmth is arriving late, and I'm not ready.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, I'm doing yard work too, and went for a walk, today with my daughter,
along the river, beautiful and quite warm, still haven't pulled the shorts out
to wear, better get to it, the warmth is arriving late, and I'm not ready.

Yeah, I got my walk in too up Hardy Mountain (along the paved road) and did some digging and seeding and raking and had a short nap after lunch and now I'm tuckered. (Suffering from dropsy and heart fever:lol::lol::lol:)

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Nope, tomorrow's forecast high on Aether Island is a chilly +7ªC.

Forecast

Tonight

0°C
60%
Tue

7°C

Wed

6°C
1°C

Thu

5°C
-3°C

Fri

8°C
0°C
30%

Sat

10°C
-1°C

Sun

9°C
0°C

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

It's funny because right after that snow I when I had the flu and went to see my doctor as I was coughing quite a bit. He checked me out and "said believe it or not, it's allergies" and when I left his office he was right in that trees had buds on them.. Even with the cold the trees had started to blossom..

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Nope, tomorrow's forecast high on Aether Island is a chilly +7ªC.

Forecast

Tonight

0°C
60%
Tue

7°C

Wed

6°C
1°C

Thu

5°C
-3°C

Fri

8°C
0°C
30%

Sat

10°C
-1°C

Sun

9°C
0°C
Well, it has to come soon. Just the fact that it's getting warm here must mean something. Today is the best we've had. 18 at the airport but it was at least 20 here in town. The kids were out playing without jackets and in barefeet. We had the door open for awhile several times today. Couple more weeks and it should be like this everywhere.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I soaked all the evergreens, and bushes today, as we have had such a dry winter/
spring, that the warm weather will harm the plants, if they have dry roots.
I'll soak them again tomorrow, so the moisture goes deep into the soil.
All of a sudden it's warm, came suddenly, not a gradual warm up, with rain, as
we usually have.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I soaked all the evergreens, and bushes today, as we have had such a dry winter/
we usually have.
Yes, my daughter-in-law and I were having a look at my flower beds today. Last year I started a perennial alyssum in a small in house green house. It never bloomed. With that heat today, it's easy to see that it will bloom this year and by the looks of it, lots of blooms. I never realized that my lily's are already several inches high. All kinds of things have been "quietly" growing despite the weather. I do fully agree about the moisture though. Everything is really quite dry. I have some evergreens outside the back of my yard to water as well. Put there as a barrier between our deck and the parkway trail. They have grown about 2 feet over the past two years so I must get water on them to see they continue. Oddly enough, when I gave our fish away, I took the gravel from the tank and scattered it all around the bottom of those trees and oddly enough that's when the growth took off.
The weather report from the east just came on. Sorry you guys. Doesn't sound so great for you. I did hear them say something about it turning to rain. I hope.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
we usually have.

Hi talloola- After this past winter do you still buy into this global warming theory? :lol:

tbv

Apr 6, 2009
York Region
yup..gotta love south-central Ontario and it's wonderful spring-ter weather!, Warm one week, and then it's like friggin' December all over again...I'm sure next wek we'll be in the twenties...:roll:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
The only real complaint I have is the fact that you have to have basically 3 wardrobes on hand for a month or more. Not having a car means I have to dress proper or suffer and it is a pain having to return home 3 times to adjust things just so

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'm getting fed-up with this white sh*t.......

Snow isn't a four letter word for nothing.....

Reactions: Hazmart

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The only real complaint I have is the fact that you have to have basically 3 wardrobes on hand for a month or more. Not having a car means I have to dress proper or suffer and it is a pain having to return home 3 times to adjust things just so

Yup, I end up loosing track of jackets because I put them on in the morning and take them off somewhere during the day and can't remember where and when I took them off.