What bugs you and what would you do about it?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
We are constantly being bombarded by annoyances in our lives. Most are minor, not even worth mentioning.

But some, clearly, are irritants that we would rather do without.

Here is your chance to tell the world what bugs you and what you would do about it if you had the power.

Let me start:

I am bugged by the people at the supermarket who come to the "12 items maximum" cashier with 13 or more items. What I would do about it is to set the cash registers at 12 items, and stop there; let the inconsiderate louts go back to the end of the line. And re-register in Grade 2 where the number "12" was taught.

Let us hear your beefs and solutions.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't like advertisements. Nearly every aspect of life involves ads. I don't watch TV because of it. When the content of entertainment started becoming the ads broken up with ads so you can go pee so you don't miss the ad I gave up and never looked back.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
People who hide their ideology behind crusades, just for starters...

Then there's this wonderful Nation called Canada, where slowly, but surely, accountability, responsibility, work ethic and pride, are being replaced by blame and mediocrity.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol Ahhhh the market thing.
People using the markets as a coffee shop without the cups of coffee. (Plugging up the aisles while they gab)

People obviously not mobility handicapped taking up parking spaces designated as disabled parking.

Markets that keep their carts quite a ways from their stores, so that the handicapped people have a hard time even getting the cart to the store. (I helped out one fellow yesterday with that problem).

Markets that keep lemon juice in some aisle other than the aisle with juices in them (and other breaks from logic).

Cashiers who put items that melt in the same bag as the hot BBQed chicken.

People that wait for their chance at the cashiers bench while sticking out into the main aisles so people have to go around or barge through.

People who stand there gaping while waiting at the cashiers instead of having their member cards, debit cards, credit cards, etc. ready.

Make them leave the store and come back after they've decided to think about what to do and to be courteous when at the store.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Medical people (doctors, podiatrists, chiropractors etc). DO NOT give a care about our time. I can unserstand to wait a few minutes when I have a 11:30 appointment, after all, the good doctor may have had to spend extra minutes with all the patients between 9:00 and 11:30. But there is no excuse for a 20 minute delay for a 9:00 or a 1:00 (PM) appointment.

If I had the power, I would make it compulsory for doctors to apologize for holding us in contempt and wasting and our time.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"People not using their signal lights when turning.
Gluing their fingers to the signal switches might work."

I agree, but over many years of driving I observed that the worst offenders are Mercedeses, BMW's, Lincolns, Cadillacs and occasionally, but always, Rolls Royces.

Let me put my tongue firmly in my cheek:

These folks taunting their wealth but don't realize that their expensive automobiles come with defective turn signals.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I agree, but over many years of driving I observed that the worst offenders are Mercedeses, BMW's, Lincolns, Cadillacs and occasionally, but always, Rolls Royces.
:lol:

Seen this myself!

We joke about them not having them installed...:lol:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
A bit closer to home:

It bugs me when I see short sentences here, with no appearent connection to any of the previous posts. NO quote, no reference, no name, no post number, just a few words in thin air.

If I had the power, I would make any "reply" less than two sentences invalid and non-publishable.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Speaking of the Market / Costco / WalMart or Similar for us who don't shop tehre often syndrome..

I love ( sarcasm ) when a Grandmother stands in line with a basket in which one items sits while the rest of the family is fanned out thru the store and by the time they get to the till the basket has over 100 items in a 12 or less section and they pay for each 20 items individually.. That usually just makes my day..

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The television market drives me crazy. HDTV, LED, Plasma, Plasma-ready LED, Blue Ray DVD non HD, Blue Tooth LED Plasma, LED Blue Ray Plasma HDTV ready flatscreen, HDTV widescreen optional flat tooth... does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
The television market drives me crazy. HDTV, LED, Plasma, Plasma-ready LED, Blue Ray DVD non HD, Blue Tooth LED Plasma, LED Blue Ray Plasma HDTV ready flatscreen, HDTV widescreen optional flat tooth... does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Yup, wait till digital TV comes in and prices will drop like a rock when people realize they do not need new TVs and only a digital box that Shaw, BellVu or all other possible provider probably supply you already..

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I get royally pissed when I stand in a "15 items or less" line when it should say "15 items or fewer!" Where are the $#*&%$3 grammar police when one needs them?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I hate it when people place one finger over one nostril, while, simultaneously blowing snot out of the other nostril. I usually say somethink like 'ew' or "now I'm going to puke, thank!"

i also hate it when people who can not control their freakishly large dogs and expect me to go the other way with my mildy retarded beagle. Tuff sh*t, I was here, first.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't care much for sports fans but I do understand the human need for tribalism but tribalism doesn't require mass alcohol and hollowing out a watermelon and wearing it for a hat.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't care much for sports fans but I do understand the human need for tribalism but tribalism doesn't require mass alcohol and hollowing out a watermelon and wearing it for a hat.

Damn Rider fans!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
A solid yellow line on the pavement means do not cross this! People
that stop in traffic, blocking traffic behind them back into and through
an intersection, as they park themselves waiting for oncoming traffic to
let them cut through across a solid yellow line to make a left turn.

People using Cell Phones while they drive. That really Bugs me.

Where I (& Petros, & Dexter Sinister) live, it is illegal to ride your
bicycles on the sidewalk unless they have a wheel diameter of 400mm
or less (kids learning to ride). So what bugs me is people blowing down
the sidewalks on their Mountain Bikes forcing me to bail up onto either
someone's lawn or out into traffic with my dogs to avoid their illegal stupidity.

Bicycles are classed as vehicles here, and I don't blow along the sidewalks
on my CB900 expecting pedestrians to jump out of my way. Bicycles are
suppose to follow the same rules of the road as every other vehicle. This is
not only not enforced, but blatantly ignored by our law officers. Oh well...

People who free-range their cats in the city. Toss "Fluffy" out the door to
go and urinate/spray/what-ever in other peoples yards....and call me a
"Trouble making Cracker" for carting their cat back to them after it has
Pee'd/sprayed through a screen window into my tenants basement suite
onto their leather furniture and my carpet. Can you imaging the reaction if
I free ranged my dogs??? I'm starting to feel better already!

People who don't clean up after their dogs. People that litter. People that
shoot up with hypodermic needles and then just toss them on the ground
in the streets and parks and alleys and school yards and such. That really
bugs me! People that Graffiti on garage doors and fences and playground
equipment with swear words and gang tags. If you don't know how to
spell something...look it up BEFORE you misspell it in spray paint on the
wall of an autobody shop that I can see from my back yard! Yeah...that
would be my short list of things that bug me.