Another Reason To Buy Canadian

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Please Comment - I would like your opinions on the possibilities.

For those who believe in energy work, and the effects positivity can have on your work, here is a little conspiracy theory for you look at.

If a country wished to take over the World they could offer the World's industrial leaders dirt cheap labour so that they would move all their manufacturing facilities to that country. Once they have control of the facility on their home soil they treat the workers like crap. Beat them, lie to them, short them on their pay, beat them some more, sexually exploit their wives and daughters, maybe kill a few, tell them it is because they have to make these products for the people of the other country to target their resentment at them rather then their bosses.

That negative energy will go into every product that is made by a resentful worker. They pack them up and send them to the country paying for them. Hand them over to the new owner with a smile and "Nice doing business with you. Can we make you more?"

The new owner sells the products to the general population of their country, who unknowingly purchase the negative icons.

I wondered why the World was going for a $hit.

Buy from a country that honestly loves you, or at least likes you, and has labour law comparable to our own.

BUY CANADIAN, IF YOU CAN.
:angryfire:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Please Comment - I would like your opinions on the possibilities.

For those who believe in energy work, and the effects positivity can have on your work, here is a little conspiracy theory for you look at.

If a country wished to take over the World they could offer the World's industrial leaders dirt cheap labour so that they would move all their manufacturing facilities to that country. Once they have control of the facility on their home soil they treat the workers like crap. Beat them, lie to them, short them on their pay, beat them some more, sexually exploit their wives and daughters, maybe kill a few, tell them it is because they have to make these products for the people of the other country to target their resentment at them rather then their bosses.

That negative energy will go into every product that is made by a resentful worker. They pack them up and send them to the country paying for them. Hand them over to the new owner with a smile and "Nice doing business with you. Can we make you more?"

The new owner sells the products to the general population of their country, who unknowingly purchase the negative icons.

I wondered why the World was going for a $hit.

Buy from a country that honestly loves you, or at least likes you, and has labour law comparable to our own.

Well, that nation would be going through a civil war pretty soon.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
BUY CANADIAN, IF YOU CAN

A good idea whose time was over thirty years ago or the movers and shakers wouldn't have shipped the machines and jobs over there. I'd love to buy Canadian but untill we have a Canadian public banking system that obeys Canadian law we will be consuming crap, if we have jobs. In a few months it will be easy to buy lots of Canadians. I assume you mean our wonderfull retarded nieghbours in Ameroica, do they make anything?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

1. How do you determine if the other nation loves you. Have we developed some kind of amometre recently?

2. Labour law isn't enough. I've read the Labour law of the PRC and it's actually quite reasonable. The problem is that it's relaviely new so still few people are aware of their rights. But as knowledge of the new law spreads, things will improve.

3. If we don't trade with them, then how are they to get access to products of ours that might be of use to them? We thus hold them back. It would seem that my amometre is detecting a lack of love for non-Canadians here.

4. Blindly buying Canadian makes no sense. I live in Ottawa. Why would I buy a product from Vancouver if I can buy the same product from Buffalo? From an economic, ecological, or any other standpoint, it would be purely illogical. And what about tropical fruit? Does it make sense to spend all of that money on building heated greenhouses for them when we can just buy them from abroad?

If we want to counter the injustices of free trade, there are better ways of doing so:

1. To counter the flow of wealth from rich to poor, inctroduce an international wealth tax to be paid to the UN and which can be redistributed to poorer governments. Labour-mobility agreements could help there too.

2. To conserve our resources, raise the cost of resources. This way, as gas goes up in price, that would naturally encourage people to buy more locally. Bear in mind though, that it would also make a product from Buffalo more attractive than one from Vancouver for people living in Ottawa. Let's cut the nationalism and think rationally.

There are more rational ways of dealing with these issues that to turn to blind nationalism.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
By the way, free trade is an effective way to redistribute wealth from developed to developing countries. It's ironic that the NDP is among the fierces opposnents of free trade. With its always talking about international justice and all, I would have thought that the NDP would have been one of its fiercest proponents.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Nationalism dosen't have to be blind. We have to face the economic crisis soon this will dictate protectionist policy arround the world, get used to it. If the UN had the slightest intentions or abilities to fullfil it's mandate it would have long before today, it's been compromised from the beginning by wealth, tax them at your peril.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Nationalism dosen't have to be blind. We have to face the economic crisis soon this will dictate protectionist policy arround the world, get used to it. If the UN had the slightest intentions or abilities to fullfil it's mandate it would have long before today, it's been compromised from the beginning by wealth, tax them at your peril.

So as we adopt protectionist measures, the world will just smile on us?

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I see were you are going with the trade issues, but is to do with the energy work of the factory workers, and the ethenics of the leaders.

I guess what it boils down to is "VOO DOO". The workers are being manipulated into putting negative intention into the products and we buy them in ignorance, and take them home to live, sleep, and play with them.

It is a spiritual attack on the World, so to speak.

Do you see where I am coming from.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I see were you are going with the trade issues, but is to do with the energy work of the factory workers, and the ethenics of the leaders.

I guess what it boils down to is "VOO DOO". The workers are being manipulated into putting negative intention into the products and we buy them in ignorance, and take them home to live, sleep, and play with them.

It is a spiritual attack on the World, so to speak.

Do you see where I am coming from.

So yo think that some Voodoo culture is putting spells on us? I'll take my chances.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Me thinks Canada Love is talking about China and that he/she is a recent transplant from Can.com.
Is that right Canada Pride?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Wow - all I typed in besides the three W's was notcanada.com. It quickly added in the rest all by itself!

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Well I leave you with that then. This Forum has its nose shoved so far up the political and economical mahines' a$$es that you have no sense of what is happening to your Psyche. You are being bombbard on a daily basis by negativity that you don't even realive is there. And you wonder why you are having a bad day.

And no, I am not pointing out a specific country. I am saying that it is less apt to happen if a Canadian made your product. Not that a Canadian can't instill negativity into a product - just less likely due to our labour laws. But, maybe he is a sensitive sort and lost his retirement in the crash.

Go ahead and take your chances - it is your life after all.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I'm going to timidly poke my head out and ask: What does Canada have of importance that the US does not have? Not meaning to start a brawl. Just
asking. It would help me understand how you think of your country.
Uncle

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think the U.S. & Canada are basically alike, but operating on different
scales. Canada is geographically larger, but with 1/10th the population,
so 1/10th the available revenue (tax base) to be utilized in interactive
influence with others.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I think it is aimed at the AM we just get the products that are meant for AM. We fall into the stereotype same as some roll all Asians into the same ball.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm going to timidly poke my head out and ask: What does Canada have of importance that the US does not have? Not meaning to start a brawl. Just
asking. It would help me understand how you think of your country.
Uncle

Hi Uncle
How about oil? Uranium, Molybdenum, etc
We sell a lot of raw metals to the U.S. and we import a lot of finished products. Economically, the U.S. has us by the short and curlies. Things are changing, but not fast enough for most Canadians.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I guess I was wondering if your appeal to "buy Canadian" was to other countries.
Or - an attempt to stir up loyalty to Canadian products from within.

For example, I have never read a Canadian book (that I know of). Why would I buy a book from Canada? I am a bit of a collector and have thousands of books,
almost all British (I do love the Brits) and American. Generally, my books are published in the US, even if they are written by someone foreign, i.e., Ken Follett.

Uncle

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
AM is meant for the Americans and they are the dominante trader on the continent. Therefore we also get classed as Americans by some traders from other parts of the World. In a lot of cases the Primary Importer is in the States and the products then get redirected to Canada from there.