A mysterious compulsion to obey

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
In my never ending quest to find informative, yet entertaining anti-patriarchy (we don't hate men, we hate the patriarchy, damn it!) blogs etc, i often come across other wonders such as this:

A mysterious compulsion to obey

If I don't do what my husband tells me, I will get spanked. Now I don't find this an unpleasant prospect at all, so why it should make me more obedient I don't really know, I only know that it does.
And although I do feel that his authority is real, in the sense that I feel a compulsion to obey him even though I know I don't really have to, it can't feel the same as it does to a woman who lives in a society where women are compelled by law and by society to obey their husbands, or else.
Of course, the threat of unpleasant consequences is not the only thing that makes people respect authority. Most employees do what their boss wants because they want to get on in their job, not because they're afraid of getting sacked. I get my children to school because I know they need to get an education, not because I know I could end up in the nick if I don't.
I don't obey my husband because he will spank me if I don't, but because I feel that mysterious compulsion to obey him when he speaks to me in a certain tone of voice. It is real, and yet it is pleasurable, which is not the case with all forms of obedience. I don't resent his authority the way I might do if it was thrust upon me whether I liked it or not.

To learn more about 'Taken in Hand' relationships, click here: A mysterious compulsion to obey

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I have the command tone and the pheromones, no woman can resist. It dosen't come accross the written barrier very well but for ten bucks I'll sent you a CD and a pair of my undies.

CD: The Ancient Tecniques of The Eygyptian Beaver Masters

Reactions: Twila

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Hey, that's what I was thinking, but I did learn a new word- pheromones - I wonder if that is tied in with "mind reading"
pher·o·mone
(fer
ÆÃ m$nÅ), n.
Animal Behav.
any chemical substance released by an animal that serves to influence the physiology or behavior of other members of the same species.
[1959; < Gk phér(ein) to bear, bring + -O- + (HOR)MONE]
pherÅo·moÆnal, adj.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Someone has to lead. It also takes someone to get behind an idea to make it work. The best performance can be found in couples who support each other and allow for the turning over of discretion to the one who is best at any given task and supporting their decisions.

As for spanking, that's a whole industry unto itself.:p

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Someone has to lead. It also takes someone to get behind an idea to make it work. The best performance can be found in couples who support each other and allow for the turning over of discretion to the one who is best at any given task and supporting their decisions.
I suppose that works for some folks. Wifey and I are a partnership. We both do the leading as we are simply two parts of the same unit. Been at it for almost 25 yrs now.

As for spanking, that's a whole industry unto itself.:p
Yeah .... BDSM is huge. People are twisted.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I suppose that works for some folks. Wifey and I are a partnership. We both do the leading as we are simply two parts of the same unit. Been at it for almost 25 yrs now.

Oh a self contained sympathetic homogenous unit eh. I bet you're still the part that takes the garbage out shovels the walk and makes most of the mistakes.;-)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Oh a self contained sympathetic homogenous unit eh. I bet you're still the part that takes the garbage out shovels the walk and makes most of the mistakes.;-)
We both tote garbage (she has a pickup, too), we both do snow-clearing (I prefer the shovel and she prefers her garden tractor with snowblower attachment), and we both make mistakes. Like I said, we are a unit. :D