Hi all

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Just checking in to let you know I'm okay. Having to clean up the horrible mess of glass as well as figure out how to secure my front door, I got behind in my other chores so I haven't been online much.

I am truly grateful for your concern. Just so you know, I have a couple of friends here who call me every day to check on me.

I don't have a gun but heating with wood I do have several hatchets and axes. :cool:

I'm doing what I can now to soothe my mind and nerves. That means just reading a bunch of stuff online. Trying to figure out exactly what to do next. I certainly don't want to hurt anyone. But I know I have to protect myself.

I love all the virtual hugs and flowers that so many of you have sent. It REALLY does help. And as someone said, if you look at the statistics on the home page you can see that I do at least stop by every day and read what everyone is talking about. UFO's, Stevie, music, books, I enjoy reading everything I can to keep my mind off of my situation. Dwelling on it is just too draining. So, keep up the lively conversation, eh. :smile:

I wish you all peace and love. And I'll be in touch. Just let me get all my ducks lined up.

Reactions: Unforgiven

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I, like everyone else on here, am relieved to hear you are safe. You have quite the on line support group going for you. Keep on trucking!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I am glad to see that you are doing well, Hermite. Thank you for the update.:smile:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Just checking in to let you know I'm okay. Having to clean up the horrible mess of glass as well as figure out how to secure my front door, I got behind in my other chores so I haven't been online much.

I am truly grateful for your concern. Just so you know, I have a couple of friends here who call me every day to check on me.

I don't have a gun but heating with wood I do have several hatchets and axes. :cool:

I'm doing what I can now to soothe my mind and nerves. That means just reading a bunch of stuff online. Trying to figure out exactly what to do next. I certainly don't want to hurt anyone. But I know I have to protect myself.

I love all the virtual hugs and flowers that so many of you have sent. It REALLY does help. And as someone said, if you look at the statistics on the home page you can see that I do at least stop by every day and read what everyone is talking about. UFO's, Stevie, music, books, I enjoy reading everything I can to keep my mind off of my situation. Dwelling on it is just too draining. So, keep up the lively conversation, eh. :smile:

I wish you all peace and love. And I'll be in touch. Just let me get all my ducks lined up.

I don't know what happened to you, nor do I wish to ask publically (You don't have to explain, I got the gist from your post)

It certainly can suck to go through a situation as you had to, and sometimes it can dwell in your head once in a while without even trying.

I know when I had an attack situation or when my home burned down around me at age 9, that things like that can really screw with you at times.

I know when I walk home after work, I still get flashbacks of when I got jumped a couple of years back. Not that I get scared, since I did sorta do more damage to them then they did to me (It shouldn't have happened in the first place) but I get so pissed off on what I should have done, as I think of the things I did do. Most times I feel I didn't do enough.

Then again, maybe I did exactly what I was supposed to do.

But for me, those things never go away...... they just become a part of you. Our lives are always changing beyond what we sometimes plan for or expect. For me, I can only take those experiences/situations and try to take the good things that I can from them.

Even if it feels like there's nothing you can take from them that is good, there is always taking the knowlege of what you feel you should do the next time.

I don't know if you were talking about something totally different, but it sounds like you went through a moment in your like such as one of the above that screw with your mind......

Just glad to know you've made it through to see another day. Keep your chin up :smile:

Added:

Oh and I got myself a decent knife collection.... go figure

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Hi Hermite
Thanks for checking in. It's good to know all is going well with you. I didn't say great. Just well. Keep your chin up and your eyes peeled.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

The other day when people got worried I said folks should not because we do not know both side of the story..

There is much behind that saying and it is hard to understand what is happening..

Understanding the story is difficult because as an example your computer could have just broken down or you may have taken our advice.. We sure would have felt silly had you taken our advice and then worried about you because you had done so 8O..

However we do worry about people and want everyone safe..

In any case, keep on taking care and pop by to say hello..

Here are a few flowers to make you smile.. Only take one a day.. :D
:toothy4::toothy4::toothy4::toothy4::toothy4: :toothy4::toothy4::toothy4::toothy4::toothy4: