Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
My ones are these:
YouTube - Busta Rhymes Feat Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want
and
YouTube - Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide
and a Russian one with the lyrics -
Under wheels of Love:Eve knew it, and so did Adam,The wheels of love ride right over us,And every back has got the traces of the track,We lie down, like the brushwood, under the wheels of love.Under the wheels of love…Under the wheels…Morning and night, night and day,Going home from work, and while doing your shopping,Unless you are a slow one,Unless you are a failure,Be cheerful,And be confident. Under the wheels of love, Christ, Lenin and Mahomet knew this - The wheels of love ride towards the light.Chingis-khan and Hitler bathed in blood,But they also got coiled onto the wheels of love. Morning and night, night and day,Going home from work, and while doing your shopping,The wheels will catch up with you, and you are nothing compared to them

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There's a lot of them- "The Old Log Cabin is Sale" would be one and "Cold, cold heart would have to be right up there. Another one would be "Take these chains from my heart". All them good old singers are dead now.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There's a lot of them- "The Old Log Cabin is Sale" would be one and "Cold, cold heart would have to be right up there. Another one would be "Take these chains from my heart". All them good old singers are dead now.

Of course Roy Acuff and Hank Thompson were a couple of the best- I guess guys like GArth Brooks are Okay but I don't think he holds a candle to some of the old timers- like old Jimmie Rodgers (died of T.B. back in the 30s and sang a lot of railroad songs, one of the best being "My time ain't long".

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
While I cannot say I found the first song to my liking, Vereya, the second one wasn't too bad. A little "interesting" to say the least. LOL!

A few of my favourite songs are:

1. Back In Black - AC/DC(pretty much all AC/DC songs actually)
2. Runnin' Down A Dream - Tom Petty
3. Broken - Seether w/ Amy Lee
4. Closer - Nine Inch Nails
5. Something I Can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails
6. Wish - Nine Inch Nails
7. I'm Lost Without You - Blink 182
8. There Is - Boxcar Racer
9. When It's Cold I'd Like To Die - Moby
10. Running Up That Hill - Placebo
11. Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
12. Hunger Strike - Temple Of The Dog
13. Sweet Jane - Velvet Underground

There are a lot more, but those are the ones that I like the most...at the moment.:p

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hey while you are celebrating New Years Day don't forget old Hank Williams one of the greatest singers of them all and a very tragic person, he died Jan. 1, 1953 only 29 years old, but left so much.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hey while you are celebrating New Years Day don't forget old Hank Williams one of the greatest singers of them all and a very tragic person, he died Jan. 1, 1953 only 29 years old, but left so much.

Yes, I woke up, turned on the radio by the bed, and heard the news, and began
to cry, we had many records by him, and definitely appreciated his great talent
in 'song writing'. I was a young teenager then, and devastated by his death,
and couldn't understand how sometone could lead such a tragic life, when he
had so much, (at least I thought so at the time).

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
Funny thing we were talking about favourite songs last night - I have my funeral songs picked out

Landslide - Stevie Nicks
Top of The World - Dixie Chicks
Travelling soldier - Dixie Chicks
Hurt - Johnny Cash Version

Love Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac (Tusk is my fave) - Hoyt Axton Devil and the Dealer - far too many to list - Limewire has been a good source for replacing all those 8 tracks I bought as a younger man
P.S. - Saw Stevie Nicks forthe first time Sept 10, 2001 - The World Trade center towers fell the next day - Nobody asked how the concert was

Saw her again in London last summer and Fleetwood Mac is coming to Toronto in March 2009 - Think I am treating my wife and my best friend to the concert.

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
Said1 - Thanks for the New Orleans video/song - I think that Video did not kill the radio star - only enhanced it - I see Johnny Cash every time I listen to Hurt.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Said1 - Thanks for the New Orleans video/song - I think that Video did not kill the radio star - only enhanced it - I see Johnny Cash every time I listen to Hurt.

I like the end when they're all on the bus smiling. Local guys, used to play for change downtown.

Hurt, who else would you think of after Johnny Cash recorded it?

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Boney M - Rasputin
Diamond Rio - Unbelievable
Elton John - Crocodile Rock and Funeral for a Friend
Green Day - Time of Your Life
John Lennon - Imagine
Trooper - Raise a little Hell
Wilf Carter - You are my Sunshine ( not the original but my Fav anyway )
Zombies - Time of the Season

Sorry I have a big music collection and like everything from Classic ( Beethoven ) to Heavy Metal ( Metalica ).. :D

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Funny thing we were talking about favourite songs last night - I have my funeral songs picked out

Landslide - Stevie Nicks
Top of The World - Dixie Chicks
Travelling soldier - Dixie Chicks
Hurt - Johnny Cash Version

Love Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac (Tusk is my fave) - Hoyt Axton Devil and the Dealer - far too many to list - Limewire has been a good source for replacing all those 8 tracks I bought as a younger man
P.S. - Saw Stevie Nicks forthe first time Sept 10, 2001 - The World Trade center towers fell the next day - Nobody asked how the concert was

Saw her again in London last summer and Fleetwood Mac is coming to Toronto in March 2009 - Think I am treating my wife and my best friend to the concert.

mit; If Fleetwood Mac performs in TO I want to be there, that's where I saw them last, along with Bozz Scaggs and Kenny Loggins. This flick is for you brother YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Tusk Get the DVD, it's worth it