From whence do trolls hail?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Do we have an election coming up? Did someone forget to put the padlock back on the cage door? Did a bridge collapse somewhere? We seem to have an inordinate number of trolls emerging from the woodwork. Why do they have to piddle in our Forums?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not sure what or who this is in reference to, but it sounds a little territorial. I realize wolves are used to pissing on trees and don't like it if someone else does.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Not sure what or who this is in reference to, but it sounds a little territorial. I realize wolves are used to pissing on trees and don't like it if someone else does.

Are you another one of those folks who think it's all about you? It's in reference to those people who don't read the thread but come in on the tail end of a conversation and think they know what they're talking about. My tree - I'll piddle on it if I want to....

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
May I be so bold as to defend trolls?

Suppose, for example, an old thread such as "Jesus Never Existed" were resurrected. Now there are 144 posts on that thread. Would you, or any other serious contributor, expect me to read and consider thoughtfully every post before replying? Of course not! So, I might cast out a line:

"Jesus, I thought we put that topic to rest three days ago!"

Then, I'd go my merry way to another thread, I hope with fewer entries, before replying.

Trolls add spice to thin gruel.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Are you another one of those folks who think it's all about you?

LoneWolf,

No. I was just being curious. i read you remark about someone being a troll in another thread just after I posted here and figured it out. I was just trying to make friendly conversation, but that concept seems to beyond some people (#juan?).

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Are you another one of those folks who think it's all about you?

LoneWolf,

No. I was just being curious. i read you remark about someone being a troll in another thread just after I posted here and figured it out. I was just trying to make friendly conversation, but that concept seems to beyond some people (#juan?).

Canada.com must have had a different sort of clientele. I have already had words twisted and conclusions jumped to by two of its refugees. This isn't fight club. Trolls aren't cute or even spicy. Different house ... different set of circumstanced ... whole new family. It's kinda fun ... once the feathers get unruffled.