Old canada.com members refuge and reaquaintance thread.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
MHz,
Why that is very thoughtful of you or are you just trying to get rid of us?
No I'm not trying to get rid of you (or the thread title would have been quite different)but I did notice that you 'guys' have a need to discuss the 'old days'. No thread existed so I though I could give that topic a place rather than see it scattered about the whole board.
You are sooo suspicious.
My membership might even still be active over there, should I go and investigate your conduct over there. If I was going to get on your cases I would have started with SJP's former handle, esp the last part. Did anyone have any comments on that? Was he also a liar over there?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
MHz, I don't take much seriously. It just seemed like a place for light conversation. I guess my people skills need more honing. You were a former Canada.com inmate? Were you there when I was?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
MHz, I don't take much seriously. It just seemed like a place for light conversation. I guess my people skills need more honing. You were a former Canada.com inmate? Were you there when I was?
I'm sure that honing applies to most of us. I would never have called myself an inmate on any board. I haven't been there for a few years and even then it was a short stay as far as I can remember, I spent most of my time on a board that was 'quite liberal' on what could be said and how it was said.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Nuggler,

By Viners do you mean like Klingons?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Please don't even mention the word.

We were invaded about a year or so ago by some fugitives from a forum called the Vine. Some left voluntarily, some were banned, some stayed and are near and dear to our (well my) hearts now,(Can't speak for everybody, eh) and provide some stimulating banter, and intelligent conversation. Even more intelligent than I, if you can imagine........:tard:

Welcome to CC

Nugg.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
some stayed and are near and dear to our (well my) hearts now

Nuggers,

Does this mean you have more than one heart? Isn't that what Klingons have?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
No I'm not trying to get rid of you (or the thread title would have been quite different)but I did notice that you 'guys' have a need to discuss the 'old days'. No thread existed so I though I could give that topic a place rather than see it scattered about the whole board.
You are sooo suspicious.
My membership might even still be active over there, should I go and investigate your conduct over there. If I was going to get on your cases I would have started with SJP's former handle, esp the last part. Did anyone have any comments on that? Was he also a liar over there?
You would have trouble doing any investigations "over there". The forums have been down for quite sometime and some of us felt like continuing with a forum. Thanks for giving us a place to catch up with each other and to get to know some of you. I don't understand why you are callling Sir Joe a liar and I do know that it's probably about the best way to have him depart these pages if a person was inclined to have him do that. As you have no doubt noticed, many of us seem to know each other quite well. By our nicknames. We have been on the same forum for over 2 years together and I think we would be quite aware of anyone lying. So - in answer to your question - no - he was and is not a liar. Blunt and a little sarcastic sometimes but not a liar.
We are new here and it may not be your way to "chat" in the middle of a specific thread. We did that there and often got completely off topic and somewhere along the way, someone would draw us back to the matters at hand and we would get back on topic. Forgive us our trespasses. Hopefully, with your help and this thread, we may be able to stay on track. Actually - we'll probably fall off the wagon and I guess we hope that you will fall off with us and we can all be welcome here.:smile:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I don't understand why you are calling Sir Joe a liar and I do know that it's probably about the best way to have him depart these pages if a person was inclined to have him do that.

IslandPacific, MHz is a Fundamentalist Christian, he belongs to religious right. Religious right comes across as a very angry, vicious, hate filled, foul mouthed bunch of the lot. I think their God requires it; they get brownie points in Heaven with their God if they insult each and every person they come into contact with.

So that is on par with a religious conservative, a religious fanatic. But overall I find this forum quite reasonable; in spite of a few foul mouthed, angry, bitter individuals like MHz (gerryh is another).

Assuming the forum retains its current flavour, tenor, the current atmosphere, I would have no problem remaining here (especially if Canada.com cannot fix the problems). As to MHz and gerryh, there are bound to be a few bad apples in every barrel, a few rabid individuals in every group.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
some stayed and are near and dear to our (well my) hearts now

Nuggers,

Does this mean you have more than one heart? Isn't that what Klingons have?

Nope; that's just horrible English on my part. I can't speak for everyone so just giving my opinion.

BUT shadowshiv IS not SMARTER than I be. No gd way, eh. :idea: