Survey on German Cars

germancars

Oct 20, 2008
Hello to everyone,

My name is Andrej and I am a student in Germany.
In order to graduate I have to write an assignment in economics. I chose the topic “German Cars in Canada” as I have spent half a year in Victoria, B.C..
As one part of my assignment will cover the image of German Cars in Canada, I designed a short survey on it. But obviously I still need many participants that are willing to spend two minutes to help me a big deal ;-)
So I am asking you to please fill out my survey.

You can find my survey here: Ihr Homepagetitel

Thank you very much.
Andrej

germancars

Oct 20, 2008
Oh come on,
is there absolutely no feedback. No one interested in cars in whole Canada ;)
Are German Cars that bad, that one wouldn't even talk about them?

germancars

Oct 20, 2008
thanks very much for your help.
No, I meant 'Chinese' as they are more and more coming on the auto market.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
thanks very much for your help.
No, I meant 'Chinese' as they are more and more coming on the auto market.
Given a choice I would latch onto a 2 door 250SL, early to mid-seventies.

If you squint your eyes they were sort of Morganesque(sic).

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Germany builds excellent cars but they have always been expensive compared the run of the mill America, or Japanese offerings. Some people are turned off by the high prices of Mercedies Benz and BMW but these care hold their value for a long time. Certainly a lot longer than North American cars

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Germany builds excellent cars but they have always been expensive compared the run of the mill America, or Japanese offerings. Some people are turned off by the high prices of Mercedies Benz and BMW but these care hold their value for a long time. Certainly a lot longer than North American cars

Beemies do have appeal, perhaps too much.

germancars

Oct 20, 2008
Also Diesel Drive is a lot more popular in Germany than it is in Canada. And of course the purchase price is probably the strongest drawback for all potential customers.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Also Diesel Drive is a lot more popular in Germany than it is in Canada. And of course the purchase price is probably the strongest drawback for all potential customers.

First of all welcome to CanCon and may you stay with us for a long time to come.

I have a question for you:

Why did Mercedes buy into Chrysler and is now after `x` number of years trying to sell off its percentage of ownership?

Sincere Regards,
scratch

germancars

Oct 20, 2008
Well I am most certainly not an expert on this subject, but as far as I know Daimler had to spent billlions over billions of dollars to rerun the tattered Chrysler company. And when Daimler realized that they had not enough money to sustain their DaimlerChrysler fusion they decided to sell off its percentages.

Mulk

The other white liquid
Oct 24, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
First of all welcome to CanCon and may you stay with us for a long time to come.

I have a question for you:

Why did Mercedes buy into Chrysler and is now after `x` number of years trying to sell off its percentage of ownership?

Sincere Regards,
scratch

I think the term is "hemorrhaging cash"

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Mulk, you're right on the money (some pun intended). Sterling Trucks introduced the "Bullet,"
but the optional Mercedes motor in the larger classes of trucks is now done like dinner.

V.G., Ron.
Too much.
regards,
scratch

germancars

Oct 20, 2008
So it is rather a problem with the purchase price and not really with design, comfort, driving safety and so on.

Btw Just wanted to remind you, that I would greatly appreciate it, if you could fill yout the survey on german cars: survey.npage.de

Once it will be finished I could post the outcome if there should be any interest in that. But for that of course I need nice, friendly Canadians ;) helping me

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
So it is rather a problem with the purchase price and not really with design, comfort, driving safety and so on.

Btw Just wanted to remind you, that I would greatly appreciate it, if you could fill yout the survey on german cars: survey.npage.de

Once it will be finished I could post the outcome if there should be any interest in that. But for that of course I need nice, friendly Canadians ;) helping me

I filled in your survey.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
All I know is Audis suck....

ps: I completed the survey

Risus, it wasn't funny at the time but it is now. My Dad bought an Audi when they first came out and lost the engine to the road twice.
Think he was happy?
I laughed because he loved expensive cars.