Are you worried about the economy?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
It is unthinkable to think that there may never be any retirement funs left after this economic mess is said and done for over 50% of the working population around the globe…

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Roosevelt stated, in another period when greed, speculation, debt, deregulation, governmental incompetence led to another productive collapse.. that all we had to fear was fear itself.

If we renationalize our economy, by ditching Free Trade and Monetarism (by establishing a guaranteed exchange rate).. if we promote physical production in industry and agriculture with low interest loans, tarriff protection, stable currency, investment in infrastructure.. then we have nothing to worry about.

If we continue on a we are.. we will have an economic collapse of unprecedented proportions, which lead lead to social unrest, war, famine, pestilance and disease.. all the other things that stem from it.

It's kind of is the glass half full, or half empty.. if it's the latter there is a lot to be worried about.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Roosevelt stated, in another period when greed, speculation, debt, deregulation, governmental incompetence led to another productive collapse.. that all we had to fear was fear itself.

If we renationalize our economy, by ditching Free Trade and Monetarism (by establishing a guaranteed exchange rate).. if we promote physical production in industry and agriculture with low interest loans, tarriff protection, stable currency, investment in infrastructure.. then we have nothing to worry about.

If we continue on a we are.. we will have an economic collapse of unprecedented proportions, which lead lead to social unrest, war, famine, pestilance and disease.. all the other things that stem from it.

It's kind of is the glass half full, or half empty.. if it's the latter there is a lot to be worried about.

Or you could regulate the banks like the liberals did in Canada and prevent what the dummies in America have done.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008

For myself personally,no.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Good day to you coldstream, on the subject of tariff protection I look at the lumber industry free trade deal, it was a bad deal for Canadian lumber.. The Americans screwed Canada ten times over, thanks to brown bag Mulroney.
On infrastructure we are behind by some $121Billion which will double in the next 5 years.
The Americans are getting what they deserve………Their foreign policy has always been we are first the hell with the rest of the world.. Well interesting how the big bully has to borough money from the China to buy gas from the Arabs, it looks good on them..,..

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Good day to you coldstream, on the subject of tariff protection I look at the lumber industry free trade deal, it was a bad deal for Canadian lumber.. The Americans screwed Canada ten times over, thanks to brown bag Mulroney.
On infrastructure we are behind by some $121Billion which will double in the next 5 years.
The Americans are getting what they deserve………Their foreign policy has always been we are first the hell with the rest of the world.. Well interesting how the big bully has to borough money from the China to buy gas from the Arabs, it looks good on them..,..

Wrong, NAFTA was a good deal for Canada, why do you suppose the Americans reacted the way they did?

NAFTA BTW was not changed by the Libs in 13 years because they knew it was good the only one that did us harm was Harper by giving in to American demands which cost us billions of dollars.

the only problem with NAFTA is Americans don't abide by it, otherwise it was good for Canada and I hope we have more deals like this internationally.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Wrong, NAFTA was a good deal for Canada, why do you suppose the Americans reacted the way they did?

NAFTA BTW was not changed by the Libs in 13 years because they knew it was good the only one that did us harm was Harper by giving in to American demands which cost us billions of dollars.

the only problem with NAFTA is Americans don't abide by it, otherwise it was good for Canada and I hope we have more deals like this internationally.

The Americans are or record making deals and reneging on them at a later date.
Although many of us do not know all the details of such agreements and I admit I am one of them, Canada has always been the little friend of the North for the Americans, who had to settle for the smaller piece of the pie when it come to North American economics.
NAFTA may have been good for Canada but it was negiciated by Mulroney in favore of the Americans.....

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
add info
Although many of us do not know all the details of such agreements and I admit I am one of them, Canada has always been the little friend of the North for the Americans, who had to settle for the smaller piece of the pie when it come to North American economics.
NAFTA may have been good for Canada but it was negiciated by Mulroney in favore of the Americans.....

Nugg,
This is surprizing from that scuz-ball from Baie Comeau. Sold out ALCAN to ALCOA.
Harpo is no different.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

Canada sold themselves down the river with the lumber industry. Here in british columbia there are hardly any lumber mills left. I remember when 'raw logs' could not be shipped south
of the border, now they go down our highways constantly, and right into the u.s. Canadian
mills sold out to americans many times over, then those mill owners managed to get rid
of the raw log 'law', and now we are 'nothing' in that industry.
Why would we need mills, when the u.s. mills can buy our logs, and cut their own lumber.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Canada sold themselves down the river with the lumber industry. Here in british columbia there are hardly any lumber mills left. I remember when 'raw logs' could not be shipped south
of the border, now they go down our highways constantly, and right into the u.s. Canadian
mills sold out to americans many times over, then those mill owners managed to get rid
of the raw log 'law', and now we are 'nothing' in that industry.
Why would we need mills, when the u.s. mills can buy our logs, and cut their own lumber.

The interesting outcome here is that the Americans, meaning the administration not the people will never ever have the green light of IMPERIALISM ANY MORE….
The economic power the Americans enjoyed for many years has shifted and it no longer sits in the hands of the greedy Imperialists… A funny thought comes to mind, Osama, even though he is a scum bag he is having a big laugh to see the Americans do them self’s in like they have…

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
fear greed

I'ts not fear of fear, its fear of greed that is the problem. This was coming for a long time and people didn't see it because they didn't understand the danger of what was happening and
most thought the upward swing would go on forever. I have been reading some financial notices that say that 25% of the hedge fund companies themselves will be gone before this is
over.
Most believe the worst is over, and it hasn't even begun yet. Watch out for November, that
will tell us what is going to happen, as all the economic roads lead to the beginning of the end
of a troublesome year.
Mortgages in the US, leveraged funds, hedge funds, and the opinion of the general market will
determine the outcome. The great thing about is if you don't sell, you don't lose, because one
way or another it all comes back
Remember you only know you're in trouble when you can no longer smile in the face of total
disaster.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I'ts not fear of fear, its fear of greed that is the problem. This was coming for a long time and people didn't see it because they didn't understand the danger of what was happening and
most thought the upward swing would go on forever. I have been reading some financial notices that say that 25% of the hedge fund companies themselves will be gone before this is
over.
Most believe the worst is over, and it hasn't even begun yet. Watch out for November, that
will tell us what is going to happen, as all the economic roads lead to the beginning of the end
of a troublesome year.
Mortgages in the US, leveraged funds, hedge funds, and the opinion of the general market will
determine the outcome. The great thing about is if you don't sell, you don't lose, because one
way or another it all comes back
Remember you only know you're in trouble when you can no longer smile in the face of total
disaster.

The sad part is that stocks, bonds, leveraged funds, income trusts, and many other financial derivatives have done irreversible damage to many unsuspecting investors…..Ignorance and greed is the blame for anyone who lost their life savings in this mess…..

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Again, not true, the deal was so good for Canada that the americans had to weasel out because they were losing jobs and industry like lumber were colapsing in the U.S. now that our dollar is weakening I suspect it will only get worse for Americans as more money flows north.

The NAFTA is bad campaign was waged by left wing fear mongers mostly led by unions and had no basis of fact.:roll: