Greed the Capitalistic derivative...........

Northboy

Electoral Member
In my experience the start was the wide spread use of credit scoring.

It allowed for centralized interpretation of the conditions on the ground without the tacky need for having experienced people deployed, or so they thought. Now it is seizing up the credit system as the Bankers have broken the first law of Banking, which is "know your client".

I'm not a Banker anymore, but I have kept in touch with the "tribe" and the dumbing down of operations due to credit scoring is astounding in just 30 years.

Greed is all they have left, they can't actually think anymore.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
In my experience the start was the wide spread use of credit scoring.

It allowed for centralized interpretation of the conditions on the ground without the tacky need for having experienced people deployed, or so they thought. Now it is seizing up the credit system as the Bankers have broken the first law of Banking, which is "know your client".

I'm not a Banker anymore, but I have kept in touch with the "tribe" and the dumbing down of operations due to credit scoring is astounding in just 30 years.

Greed is all they have left, they can't actually think anymore.

A good friend 20 years ego said to me that Greed is the virus which Power is exposed to and some top man and women conduct them self's as if they are made out of stainless steel and they will never rust. Looking at people like Kenneth Liy of Enron dies in jail, Conrad Black and his partner in business in jail, shame is a word for these people not known to them, if anything Conrad has added an addition name to his name, Conrad Greedy Black.............while investors lost their savings...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
A good friend 20 years ego said to me that Greed is the virus which Power is exposed to and some top man and women conduct them self's as if they are made out of stainless steel and they will never rust. Looking at people like Kenneth Liy of Enron dies in jail, Conrad Black and his partner in business in jail, shame is a word for these people not known to them, if anything Conrad has added an addition name to his name, Conrad Greedy Black.............while investors lost their savings...
Soc, perhaps you should move to a communist country. I am sure you will be happy there..

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Yup, greed is in people's natures. However, greed is not strictly limited to capitalists. I think it is in everyone, but to differing degrees. After all, there are greedy communists, too.
The greedy mind will always lose at the end.....................

Thorndog

Nov 28, 2007
Tulum Mexico
www.mayadiving.com
The culture of greed in most business school graduates and the cronyism that they follow as a religion. Thou shalt hire a fellow boot licking. over reaching MBA grad over all comers has created an environment where experience counts for nothing and exit strategies prevail in the minds of 30 year olds. Greedy bast%#@s mostly will get exactly the rewards and happiness they deserve.
There is a lot to be said for the old puritan work ethic and no question that is what the (nearly) formerly great country of theirs and ours was built.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
it is interesting how that very belief that GREED IS GOOD came back to haunt the capitalist mind.....

Wall Street Greed is Good - Video

Greed is good, in the sense that it's disciplined(like a lot of things in life).

Companies seeking profit, drive innovation, which makes stuff better and cheaper(through competition) for me....

and I want better things, at a better price....

Last edited: