"Tap into your wealth of knowledge and experience" For the Car Buff's...

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Lone Wolf has already impressed me tonight with his arcane knowledge. I took some pic's
in January (OK....hundreds...but) and these are some mystery vehicles that I either don't
know what they are, or only recognize "parts" of these cars but not the rest of the vehicle.
I would like to tap into your wealth of knowledge and experience to see if anyone can
identify some of these cars...or even the parts on some of these cars. Here goes:

1) This is 4/5th scale of what you'd think when looking at it from the front.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
10) This one is my Favorite. Under the hood is the salvaged engine out of a Russian helicopter.
Wish I would'a got a picture of that. Does anyone recognize this car from their youth???

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is no badging on almost everything, and if there is, it's most likely off of another vehicle.
FORD and PIONEER decals are huge status symbols for most people for some reason too.
I'm at a loss identifying many of these things. I knew many of the old American cars from the
40's and early '50's as there are still some of them on the roads in Canada (& many in farmers
fields to crawl all over), but many of these cars are totally new to me.

I recognized some modern Pontiac body parts molded to things I couldn't identify....some with
some Jeep parts, and so on and so forth....

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Something like #10 is a '53 Pontiac, and the Corvair's on the road on that island I recognized but
knowing a bit about their history and the timing of the embargo, I've no idea how several Corvair's
from the '60's ended up there...