Gasoline Price Gouge Meter

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
A short review, the price goes up and the pump responds within days, price goes down and the pump price stays the same and 'might come down' by the time that fuel is at the pumps.
On speculation that refinery output is or might be affected by weather or worker strike the price at the pumps must rise to account for those 'shortages' even before those 'shortages' actually occur. Does that pretty much sum up the 'current crisis' ?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well I'm going from town to town burning down gas stations. And the great thing is I can't be charged for anything. Get this, should the police or someone, try and arrest me, I'm simply going to say that I am not burning down gas stations. heh heh heh It's perfect!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Does anyone know if the refineries were damaged by Ike? If they weren't damaged by Katrina, Ike should have been no problem. It is amazing how much gouging we will put up with. This is the sort of thing an elected federal government should protect us from. Has Harper even mentioned fuel prices?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Odd, with all the extra profit the oil companies are making, they haven't changed their pie chart on the pumps....

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Does anyone know if the refineries were damaged by Ike? If they weren't damaged by Katrina, Ike should have been no problem. It is amazing how much gouging we will put up with. This is the sort of thing an elected federal government should protect us from. Has Harper even mentioned fuel prices?
Yes I saw something a couple of days ago that Harper said he would be looking into the price gouging at the pumps.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Yes I saw something a couple of days ago that Harper said he would be looking into the price gouging at the pumps.

Gazing into my crystal ball, oh yes yes, Harper can see that there is price gouging. Oh and there is collusion too on the part of the gas companies. What's this!?! Why would Harper throw his hands in the air like that? Why he's shaking his head. What! Now he's walking away???? Why is he walking away?

Oh yeah, business owns government. Silly me.:roll: