What's the absolute best beer?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Alexander Keith’s Red Amber Ale :cheers:

I tried it twice this summer. I have been drinking Keith's since infancy and I was disappointed with the Red Amber. I wrote them a death threat about it and they sent me a dozen flats of the regular stuff to pay me off. It could work for you too.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

......................or

Depends on my mood.......if ya get hammered on guinness your crap is black the next day.....:cool:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There are lots of beers I like, but Molson Canadian is the one I buy most often. I also like Labatts XXX but at 8% it's a little heavy for social drinking.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
My favourite run-of-the-mill Canadian beer is ...

... But I agree with beaver, it's not a question as simple as Coke or Pepsi (by the way, Coke wins hands down)... it's an eternal voyage unless there's a nice vintage brut champagne available, which makes it a more interesting eternal voyage.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My favourite run-of-the-mill Canadian beer is ...

... But I agree with beaver, it's not a question as simple as Coke or Pepsi (by the way, Coke wins hands down)... it's an eternal voyage unless there's a nice vintage brut champagne available, which makes it a more interesting eternal voyage.

If I had my choice, it would be Hofbrauhaus in the stein at the Octoberfest.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
There are lots of good beers. I generally ask for the coldest.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Kokanee is worth a mention, but only in the west where it is made from real glacier water. It tastes better than the filtered water they use in the east, although you probably couldn't come up with chemical test that could discern why it tastes different.

Ice beer is well mixed, clean, fresh and strong. I can't get Max Ice since i moved out here (7.1% alc. in 500 ml. cans) which i'd developed a taste for. Darker beers are okay, but it seems the Canadian brands haven't developed the brewing skills of the Europeans, as it usually end up tasting a bit metallic and not thoroughly blended.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
What the heck is with Irish people who don't drink Guinness telling you how you need to pour and drink Guinness? I drink more in a week than most Irish here do in a lifetime.

Guinness is the Best and if you don't like it then you're an idiot.

Next question.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There's some beer talking for ya, theyget beligerant and you have to subdue them with an empty Corona bottle.

Corona???.......Ice cold Corona is only good in Mexico when it is 105 degrees in the shade in Cancun. In Canada I wouldn't drink the stuff.....Unless I had to.......:smile:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Well when it's very hot in Nova Scotia I can with the help of Purple Cannibis conjure up a decent replication of a Mexican fishing village by the ocean. But I always wake up on the rocks in the Cobequids.:lol:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Just as France has hundreds of types of wine and champagne, Britain has hundreds of types of beer and ale, many with great (and rude) names.

Here is a list of some British beers:

Goldeneye
Thornbush Porter
Bishop's Finger
Black Sheep Ale
Monty Python's Holy Grail
Farmers Stout
Black Douglas
Dragonheart
Raisin Beer
Benedictus
Black Abbot
Cloister
Saint Cuthbert
Dog's Bollocks
Black Dog
Golden Newt
Bitter and Twisted
Old Engine Oil
A Big Thankyou For Looking After The Cat
Old Slapper on Poole Quay
Old Empire
Hen's Tooth
Old Speckled Hen
Wicked Bohemian
Early Bird
Gentleman Jack
Bomber
Real Nut Ale
Stonehenge
Jacobite Ale
Get Knotted
Special London
Winter Warmer

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
The next is the best. I win the contest everyone knows that is the correct answer to the riddle. I want my flat of beer now. Hurry up it's almost dark. If I had that flat right now I could relax beside the fire and swill. I'll get the fire going maybe by then you'll have come to your sences and given me the beer. I won it. basturds