Im planing to join the canadian forces

duncandonut

Sep 8, 2008
I was planing to join the Canadian forces, i was planing of becoming a Combat Engineer. Is this a good idea or should i chose a different field.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well they get paid more, but you're usually the first to deal with land mines and such.... that's up to your own personal preference.

Myself, I'd pick sniper or some type of officer class so if something gets screwed up, I only have myself to blame.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think it's a good idea, it's an industry that's just about to take off, in fact there's probubly never been a better growth forcast, it's hot. Engineering is a fine choice. I'd pick field marsfall or admiral but lots of guys like the handson outside stuff in the fresh air and sunshine.. Go fer it. The pays pretty good too.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
You must be kidding here, why anyone would join a military which has lost its identity.
FROM PEACE KEEPERS, TO SECOND ON THE SH!T LIST
What are you looking for/ GOOD PAY?, SERVING YOUR COUNTRY ON A STUPID CAUSE?, OR ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET INJURED BY LOOSING A LEG OR AN ARM AND COME HOME FORGOTTEN BY A GOVERNMENT WHO WAS MORE INTERESTED IN KISSING AMERICAN ARSS THAN LOOKING AFTER YOUR WELL BEING AFTER YOUR SERVICE IS DONE???????????????????????????????
Man do your self a favour and keep your arms and legs, you need them more than you need the stupid Conservatives…………………………..If you die in combat weasal Harper will try to negociate with your family on whom will pay the most on your burial, as we have seen in past such cases.............the waesels were giving families of dead solders 1/4 of the cost.......

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Just remember your not doing anything for me. Your not defending me. Your not protecting my country. Your not helping anyone. Your being a tool for the capitalist system and a mechanism in the machine of post imperialism. If that's what floats your boat I say go for it.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Just remember your not doing anything for me. Your not defending me. Your not protecting my country. Your not helping anyone. Your being a tool for the capitalist system and a mechanism in the machine of post imperialism. If that's what floats your boat I say go for it.

Good comment Scott Free.
But that may sink his boat, oh well each to his own..............

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was planing to join the Canadian forces, i was planing of becoming a Combat Engineer. Is this a good idea or should i chose a different field.

What is your current educational status? Best to get your B. Sc. degree before you join.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Good comment Scott Free.
But that may sink his boat, oh well each to his own..............

He's young - he's still immortal.

It's impossible to explain danger to someone who's frontal lobes aren't firing on all cylinders yet. That's why the army recruits kids - I think it's criminal exploitation, but whatever... when in Rome.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
He's young - he's still immortal.

It's impossible to explain danger to someone who's frontal lobes aren't firing on all cylinders yet. That's why the army recruits kids - I think it's criminal exploitation, but whatever... when in Rome.

Exploitation in the worst form, when they come back missing limbs or dead...................:angryfire:

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Kid wants to join the forces, he wants to join the forces. I'm not sure pawing through earth hoping for the best with improvised explosive devices would be a choice I'd make - but to each their own. Some folks wouldn't care for endless flying time over an ice-cube infested ocean looking for submarines either. And ... some folks just like to talk....

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Exploitation in the worst form, when they come back missing limbs or dead...................:angryfire:

I think most wars would never happen if people had any idea of what exactly they were fighting for. Unfortunately it's all too easy to talk immortals into fighting and they hardly need any reason at all; just a good emotional bias will do the trick.

Don't get me wrong. Some wars are worth fighting. The measure I use is if there are older people joining in. Typically you'll see all ages engaging an invader for example but the invader is almost always entirely composed of children. There is a reason for that.

Government should be held fully responsible for anyone injured from war under the age of 25. Under 25 people can't make decisions like should they join the army or not. It is a question with ramifications completely beyond there capacity to understand.

There was talk of limiting drivers until the age of 25 because of their limited capacity to comprehend danger, which (so the story goes) makes them worse drivers on average.

How can we debate limiting their ability to drive but have no qualms about letting them join the army?

Very strange.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Kid wants to join the forces, he wants to join the forces. I'm not sure pawing through the earth hoping for the best with improvised explosive devices would be a choice I'd make - but to each their own. Some folks wouldn't care for endless flying time over an ice-cube infested ocean looking for submarines either. And ... some folks just like to talk....

Did you ever find any Wolf? Did you fly in the Argus?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I haven't seen one of them lumbering over Pictou county for decades, I was always ammazed that they could get off the ground. But jeezus the fly overs were impressive. What were they like to work in?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I haven't seen one of them lumbering over Pictou county for decades, I was always ammazed that they could get off the ground. But jeezus the fly overs were impressive. What were they like to work in?

They rattled. They roared. They were cold. They were drafty. They flew like a schooner on high seas ... but they always got us there and back (a lot of times on three engines) I left in '78. The last Argh flew a patrol in 1980 or 81.

Last edited: