Who cares?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
And dark, what do you get for it?

If you're just seeking "what's in it for me" you'll never be satisfied anyhow so you're right. Enjoy being miserable and asking yourself why ... because you just named your own answer: You're in it for you.

Me? I got to hold my year-old grandson (sparkling clean in white shirt, tie, cat hair- free dark pants and shining unscuffed shoes) as he locked into eye-to-eye conversation with the Priest - just before water dribbled on his forehead. What was in it for me? The great balls of laugh when Zack promptly toddled over to a big muddy depression in the Church parking lot, and....

Boys'll be boys....

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
And might I add.... not caring creates the world with which you're miserable. Too little caring is the source of much of humanity's trouble. The only way to fix it is to start, one person at a time, giving a rat's ass.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Is there a friggin point to caring for anything these days?

I mean what's the point?

I have no problem caring. I just have to look at my wife, and my children and grandchildren. How could I help but care?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Is there a friggin point to caring for anything these days?

I mean what's the point?

Depends on who you are and your current situation.... do we all need to care? Some would think so, but why care what they think anyways? The point of having a free thinking mind is to be able to determine what you yourself think is important and what's worthwhile to care about.

Many here tell you about their grandchildren or their own children.... but if you don't have any children, what are you supposed to do? Care about them having their own children? To what end? You don't really know who they are, let alone their children's background, nor does it have any affect on your everyday life what happens to them..... just as it has no effect on their lives what happens to you.

Are they trying to hint to you to get laid and have kids to spawn into this world to increase the human population some more? Why? I guess because it makes them feel good about having offspring and some form of mental imortality...... perhaps if and when we have kids' we'll understand..... but until then.....

I have a cat at the moment.... do I care that I have a cat as a pet? Not really.... I'd be more happier if he was living well off in nature with his family in the wild.... living on their own terms and by their own instincts..... but I guess having a dependant animal who needs you tends to fill some void. Myself, I have raised many animals over the years, and seen many of them die over the years..... it's to the point now where it's more so routine then anything.

What about humans in general? What about your job? What about your bills? What about all the suffering people in the world that we're supposed to dish out $30 a month out for so they can have a bowel of rice a day?

Quite honestly, there's always someone in need everywhere you turn in your life, always needing food, or money, or clothes, or someone to talk to..... or whatever the hell they want.

Should you feel obligated to actually care for all of this stuff?

No.

I say no, because once you start to care about something because someone told to you do so, you're not really getting it. When you start to revolve your life around what others want from you or expect from you, then you're no longer living your life anymore...... and once that happens, then you become the one who needs help, and you're the one who needs someone to care in order to get you back on track..... and the cycle continues.

And when you have cared for a long period of time, and helped out others out of your own compassion, only for it to be taken for granted or abused, over and over again.... then the question "Why care?" becomes more enveloping, because the amount of work and effort you have put in, never seems to come back equal, or even close to equal, if at all..... so when you get d*cked around in life so many times, over and over again..... eventually one does have to ask "Why should I give a flying pile of sh*t what happens to anybody anymore?"

And as mean or heartless as it may sound to some, the question is valid.... why care anymore?

And sorry, but when people come on and say things like:

"I just have to look at my wife, and my children and grandchildren. How could I help but care?"

or

"Have A Child, Or Buy A Puppy, Or Think About Your Stupid Question ,of Course These A Frigging Point Wise Up Jeez"

or

"Go sit down for a while at your local park, and watch the children play, and you'll see."

Well none of that answers the question at all.

Go get pregnant...? Why? Just to see if that was the thing missing in life? That's a lovely way to bring a child into the world.... as some substitute for something missing... not that you actually want a child for the sake of having a child, but to just to see if that was the thing missing in your life?

Go sit in a park and watch children play and have fun before their ignorant little minds are filled with the crap that fills our minds when we get older? Sorta depressing if you ask me. And besides.... how does looking at other people's children have any affect on our direct lives?

You all might have these things in your lives that make you have a feeling of obligation to make sure their lives are as best as you can help make them be because they look like you, or sound like you, or act like you or someone else in your family..... but if someone doesn't have a child or children, or a wife, or any of that, and it's just yourself.... working your job, day in and day out.... all the while you hear just how crappy life is around the world on TV and in the news and what these children can expect to deal with when they grow up, such as we had to do...... then what do you tell them?

Go get pregnant? Sorry, that doesn't sound like the best idea I've heard today.

Maybe that's why there are so many Teen pregnancies in the US.... not due to lack of education on safe sex, but that their lives suck so much, that they see getting pregnant as some scape goat for the troubles in their lives....... all that's going to do is bring a new life into the middle of your troubles and you'll hold expectations to that child solving your current problems....

Everybody lives, everybody dies at some point in time.... no matter how that happens or when that happens, it's going to happen. When people decide they're going to do something and do it.... why care? It's their life. When two countries are going to war and killing thousands.... they decided to do it, you're not in the middle of it.... so why care?

Those children playing in the playground... why care about them when they already have parents, friends and family caring for them? They don't need extra from some stranger ogling them from a distance.

So the question still hasn't really been answered.... why care?

In my view, I care about a few things, and I don't care about other things. What I put care into, many others would wonder why, while the things I don't care about, the same applies.....

what someone else might care about can and will usually be different from what you care about.

What happens when you don't care about anything anymore?

Well we fall back into something being wrong I would assume. You need to find out why you no longer care about anything. Usually when someone hits that point, something is really wrong in their lives to make them this way. Usually whatever is wrong in their lives might not actually be their own fault, but more so towards those surrounding them in their lives.... such as the people whom take you for granted I mentioned earlier. In order to solve this problem of not caring, one must care enough to change the things causing the problems in order to get back on track.

Does caring mean you're life is on track thought? To a degree I think it does, because once you stop caring about everything, including yourself, then your progression through life stops (or at least slows down) and when you're not making it any further in your life, then you questioning your life..... and when you start questioning your life, then you get into some possible dangerous grounds to your own well being.... and sometimes the well being of those around you...... but if you don't care either way..... does it really matter?

That's for you to decide.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Go sit in a park and watch children play and have fun before their ignorant little minds are filled with the crap that fills our minds when we get older? Sorta depressing if you ask me. And besides.... how does looking at other people's children have any affect on our direct lives?

It has nothing to do with the kids themselves, and everything to do with reminding yourself that there IS more to life than just the work, the apartment, the news, the down crap. There is laughter and sunlight and places to play. There is imagination and creativity and lightheartedness... you just may have to look for it sometimes.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Speaking of grandchildren....

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
And might I add.... not caring creates the world with which you're miserable. Too little caring is the source of much of humanity's trouble. The only way to fix it is to start, one person at a time, giving a rat's ass.

My soul screams out yep your sooo right here Karrie beautiful answer.their aint enough of it :lol::lol::lol:

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Depends on who you are and your current situation.... do we all need to care? Some would think so, but why care what they think anyways? The point of having a free thinking mind is to be able to determine what you yourself think is important and what's worthwhile to care about.

Many here tell you about their grandchildren or their own children.... but if you don't have any children, what are you supposed to do? Care about them having their own children? To what end? You don't really know who they are, let alone their children's background, nor does it have any affect on your everyday life what happens to them..... just as it has no effect on their lives what happens to you.

Are they trying to hint to you to get laid and have kids to spawn into this world to increase the human population some more? Why? I guess because it makes them feel good about having offspring and some form of mental imortality...... perhaps if and when we have kids' we'll understand..... but until then.....

I have a cat at the moment.... do I care that I have a cat as a pet? Not really.... I'd be more happier if he was living well off in nature with his family in the wild.... living on their own terms and by their own instincts..... but I guess having a dependant animal who needs you tends to fill some void. Myself, I have raised many animals over the years, and seen many of them die over the years..... it's to the point now where it's more so routine then anything.

What about humans in general? What about your job? What about your bills? What about all the suffering people in the world that we're supposed to dish out $30 a month out for so they can have a bowel of rice a day?

Quite honestly, there's always someone in need everywhere you turn in your life, always needing food, or money, or clothes, or someone to talk to..... or whatever the hell they want.

Should you feel obligated to actually care for all of this stuff?

No.

I say no, because once you start to care about something because someone told to you do so, you're not really getting it. When you start to revolve your life around what others want from you or expect from you, then you're no longer living your life anymore...... and once that happens, then you become the one who needs help, and you're the one who needs someone to care in order to get you back on track..... and the cycle continues.

And when you have cared for a long period of time, and helped out others out of your own compassion, only for it to be taken for granted or abused, over and over again.... then the question "Why care?" becomes more enveloping, because the amount of work and effort you have put in, never seems to come back equal, or even close to equal, if at all..... so when you get d*cked around in life so many times, over and over again..... eventually one does have to ask "Why should I give a flying pile of sh*t what happens to anybody anymore?"

And as mean or heartless as it may sound to some, the question is valid.... why care anymore?

And sorry, but when people come on and say things like:

"I just have to look at my wife, and my children and grandchildren. How could I help but care?"

or

"Have A Child, Or Buy A Puppy, Or Think About Your Stupid Question ,of Course These A Frigging Point Wise Up Jeez"

or

"Go sit down for a while at your local park, and watch the children play, and you'll see."

Well none of that answers the question at all.

Go get pregnant...? Why? Just to see if that was the thing missing in life? That's a lovely way to bring a child into the world.... as some substitute for something missing... not that you actually want a child for the sake of having a child, but to just to see if that was the thing missing in your life?

You all might have these things in your lives that make you have a feeling of obligation to make sure their lives are as best as you can help make them be because they look like you, or sound like you, or act like you or someone else in your family..... but if someone doesn't have a child or children, or a wife, or any of that, and it's just yourself.... working your job, day in and day out.... all the while you hear just how crappy life is around the world on TV and in the news and what these children can expect to deal with when they grow up, such as we had to do...... then what do you tell them?

Go get pregnant? Sorry, that doesn't sound like the best idea I've heard today.

Maybe that's why there are so many Teen pregnancies in the US.... not due to lack of education on safe sex, but that their lives suck so much, that they see getting pregnant as some scape goat for the troubles in their lives....... all that's going to do is bring a new life into the middle of your troubles and you'll hold expectations to that child solving your current problems....

Everybody lives, everybody dies at some point in time.... no matter how that happens or when that happens, it's going to happen. When people decide they're going to do something and do it.... why care? It's their life. When two countries are going to war and killing thousands.... they decided to do it, you're not in the middle of it.... so why care?

Those children playing in the playground... why care about them when they already have parents, friends and family caring for them? They don't need extra from some stranger ogling them from a distance.

So the question still hasn't really been answered.... why care?

In my view, I care about a few things, and I don't care about other things. What I put care into, many others would wonder why, while the things I don't care about, the same applies.....

what someone else might care about can and will usually be different from what you care about.

What happens when you don't care about anything anymore?

Well we fall back into something being wrong I would assume. You need to find out why you no longer care about anything. Usually when someone hits that point, something is really wrong in their lives to make them this way. Usually whatever is wrong in their lives might not actually be their own fault, but more so towards those surrounding them in their lives.... such as the people whom take you for granted I mentioned earlier. In order to solve this problem of not caring, one must care enough to change the things causing the problems in order to get back on track.

Does caring mean you're life is on track thought? To a degree I think it does, because once you stop caring about everything, including yourself, then your progression through life stops (or at least slows down) and when you're not making it any further in your life, then you questioning your life..... and when you start questioning your life, then you get into some possible dangerous grounds to your own well being.... and sometimes the well being of those around you...... but if you don't care either way..... does it really matter?

That's a cop out answer if i may say so Praxius..
My reason for saying "Have A Child, Or Buy A Puppy was not a direct statement to go do it ,all i was iterating was yes there are plenty of reasons to care i cared by coming to this thread to answer ,many other people cared to take the time to see if they could help too ,we all want to help and care for each other as it in the end will enrich all of our lives in the end surly ,because we would all be living in a better world one Worth caring about if people did more of it ,we would not be in the position that were in today like you pointed out drug abused children roaming the streets ,the elderly to scared to come out of there homes ,gangs of irresponsible kids killing each other with knifes guns etc etc..if nobody cared then what ...caring for sick elderly or mentally clanged people and abused people would stop many people actually care ENOUGH and i think that's the problem here that people DONT CARE ENOUGH...!!!!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
It has nothing to do with the kids themselves, and everything to do with reminding yourself that there IS more to life than just the work, the apartment, the news, the down crap. There is laughter and sunlight and places to play. There is imagination and creativity and lightheartedness... you just may have to look for it sometimes.

But if you don't care about that stuff, and your caring of it makes little difference in its everyday existence.... that it will be there tomorrow and continue long after your dead with more children, more clouds and sunshine.... then how does that affect your ability to care in general?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
But if you don't care about that stuff, and your caring of it makes little difference in its everyday existence.... that it will be there tomorrow and continue long after your dead with more children, more clouds and sunshine.... then how does that affect your ability to care in general?

You're gonna die anyhow, Prax. The misery you shared in life will pass with your death. A caring smile won't.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I know it sounds trite, but, it just does. Partly in that you're seeking it, making a conscious effort to attempt to look for something more positive. Partly in that we're tribal creatures, and tend to smile when smiled at, feel pleasure when we hear laughter, etc.

But if you don't want to hear what point people find in caring, then don't pose the question I guess. Which I guess you didn't. So why bother?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
That's a cop out answer if i may say so Praxius..

Far better then your own where you completely dismissed the issue in your first post....

My reason for saying "Have A Child, Or Buy A Puppy was not a direct statement to go do it ,all i was iterating was yes there are plenty of reasons to care i cared by coming to this thread to answer ,many other people cared to take the time to see if they could help too ,we all want to help and care for each other as it in the end will enrich all of our lives in the end surly ,because we would all be living in a better world one Worth caring about if people did more of it ,we would not be in the position that were in today like you pointed out drug abused children roaming the streets ,the elderly to scared to come out of there homes ,gangs of irresponsible kids killing each other with knifes guns etc etc..if nobody cared then what ...caring for sick elderly or mentally clanged people and abused people would stop many people actually care ENOUGH and i think that's the problem here that people DONT CARE ENOUGH...!!!!

Fair enough, a detailed explination on what you ment... thanks.

I think the main problem isn't that people don't care enough.... it's that nobody is making anything worth caring about in the first place.

As an example, when you're bombarded with tv ads to help out the hungry, the lepars, the AIDs affected, the homeless, basically when you have society continually shelling out begs and pleas to help and give them your money so that someone can have a better life.... it eventually overloads a person and you just no longer care anymore..... as one example.

I'd explain more, but I gtg and leave the forums in peace again.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Far better then your own where you completely dismissed the issue in your first post....

Fair enough, a detailed explination on what you ment... thanks.

I think the main problem isn't that people don't care enough.... it's that nobody is making anything worth caring about in the first place.

As an example, when you're bombarded with tv ads to help out the hungry, the lepars, the AIDs affected, the homeless, basically when you have society continually shelling out begs and pleas to help and give them your money so that someone can have a better life.... it eventually overloads a person and you just no longer care anymore..... as one example.

I'd explain more, but I gtg and leave the forums in peace again.

yep i was being flippant

As an example, when you're bombarded with tv ads to help out the hungry, the lepars, the AIDs affected, the homeless, basically when you have society continually shelling out begs and pleas to help and give them your money so that someone can have a better life.... it eventually overloads a person and you just no longer care anymore..... as one example
i don't have a TV and i feel that if you have the inclination to do something you will you don't need to be told what to do you just get up and help in the little ways ,and hopefully share some love around, because YOU WANT TOO...

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:sad1:......Aww, Jellyfarm. Havin a bad one? Sorry to hear that.

To be human is to care.

About what is your choice.

Some of us try to spread our caring too thin, and do no good.

Start with the little things, stuff that you can help with.

You can't fix the world, it's too badly SNAFU, but you can make a difference.

Promise

I think you probably care too much..................ya think.........? Feel helpless? Hey, it's a natural feeling.

Hang in there, Jellyfarm, we're rootin fer ya.

:director:Yay Jelly Yay Farm::YayYay Jellyfarm!!!!
:wav: