Seriously, Do any of you seriously believe this stuff?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I just popped on like I normally do through time, and what do I see in the forums these days?

thoughts on 2012 and the Mayn Calendar (When we're all supposed to die)

Pole Shift & Pole Reversal in 2012 (The Poles reversing and suddenly killing us all)

Think we'll be around in about 30 yrs? (Astroid coming to smack a few of us into the afterlife.)

THE RAPTURE, COULD BE COMING AROUND JUNE 25th (Explains itself.)

And then there's the whole "Global Warming" Booga booga story we all know, where we're supposed to all run out of water, dry right up like deserts, yet at the same time flood all over the place, run out of food and then we all Die! Because we were ignorant, dirty pigs.

Somewhere around 2015-2030 or is it 2030-2050? I can't remember which one we're still on now.

Oh! And don't forget about World War III and the Nuclear Holocaust and billions being killed or mutated into cockroach-monkey people in the next 5 to 10 years.

And apparently Terminator's Judgement Day was delayed and we can't change fate in that scenario, so that one's still up for grabs until they run out of movies to explain why it hasn't happened yet.
---------------------------------------------

So my point is, is that there's all these predictions, which all have their valid points.... well... more or less. If they were all actually real, based on the evidence presented and understood by ourselves as humans, there's only a few final conclusions one person can come to:

All of these will occur, because the Universe or your God is royally pissed and hates the hell out of us some'n fierce, and therefore, we're totally screwed..... and thus..... why worry anyways? You're only gonna live once apparently and it's gonna be short.

Or

Not all of those can occur all around the same time, because after so many eons, the likes of all of that happening all at once has never occured in any known records or stories, therefore one or more are wrong.

So which side makes more sense?

If you choose the Blue Pill, then there's no point continuing to read any of this and you should go live up your life while you can..... GO GO..... Go now before you run out of food, run out of water, all your land dries up, then your land is flooded by the oceans and while you wait in the water to drown, the sun gives you cancer of the brain from your massive sun burn...... but before you die, there will be a nuclear war and you will also get radiation poisoning as you're blasted back onto some deserted island..... followed by the poles suddenly reversing and flinging your burnt arse out into space and then finally before your head emplodes, the rapture occurs and you're sent to hell!!!!!!

RUN! TURN OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO DOWNTOWN TO SL*T IT UP REAL GOOD!!

Ok, now if you chose the Red Pill, then we can continue the discussion and debate as to which ones could be possibly real and which ones are never going to happen..... And then we'll take bets and see who's right!

Added:

And this isn't really about debating each and every single one of them from what has already been said in those other threads.... I don't want to condense several threads in one, that'll sorta suck. What I want to focus on are the close proximity of dates and if it's logically possible that they would all occur (Or Most) all in that short period of time.

Last edited:

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
All are homing in on the same point in time, so surly something's gonna happen ,nostradamus predicted ,the Mayans predicted, you missed out planet x, in this equation, and the fact that the sun could explode, too many theories and doom prophecy's ,admitedly but do they all not point to a certain date around 2012 ..? this should be concidered .!

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
3. Fractal time and the I Ching
  • [SIZE=-1]10,000 years ago humans began domesticating plants and animals. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]500 years ago we invented the printing press. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]100 years ago we began driving automobiles.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]50 years ago we invented the computer.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]30 years ago we landed on the moon.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The speed of change is rapid. Population, computing power, speed of transport, the sheer amount of known information, and most other things that involve humans, are all increasing at an accelerating rate. The rate at which they are increasing is increasing. We are all part of it, with younger people thinking nothing of it, and the elderly commenting on it, but generally handling it okay. But if we were to transport King Arthur to modern-day New York he'd most probably pass out from trying to grasp what was happening. But can it stop, slow down or reverse. No, for that is not in our nature.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Things will keep changing at a faster rate. Every 18 months the power of computers double. Soon they will be smarter than us, and we are already on the verge of cloning humans and close to using nanotechnology to create atomic size mini-machines. Maybe there will come a time when the rate of change will reach such a speed that change is all that will exist. Various fringe scientists have tried to calculate this point of infinity, giving us calculated dates ranging from 2010 to 2050. Dates that many of us will live to see. Perhaps the date is Dec 22, 2012. Ethnobotanists and fractal time experts Terrence and Dennis McKenna believe so, and they present their ideas in Invisible Landscape: Mind Hallucinogens and the I Ching (1993). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Their studies began with the I Ching, which is composed of 64 hexagrams, or six-line figures. It struck them that 6 x 64 = 384, which is exceptionally close to the number of days in 13 lunar months (29.5306 x 13 = 383.8978), and that maybe the I Ching was originally an ancient Chinese calendar. Further multiples had astronomical significance:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]1 day x 64[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]x 6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 384 days[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 13 lunar months[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]384 days [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]x 64[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 67 years, 104.25 days[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 6 minor sunspot cycles (11.2 years each)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]67 years, 104.25 days[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]x 64[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 4306+ years [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 2 Zodiacal ages[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4306+ years[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]x 6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 25836 years [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]= 1 precession of the equinoxes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The McKenna brothers arrived at the 2012 end date by using fractals. Starting from a table of differences between one hexagram and the next, they developed a Mandelbrot fractal in which each level is 64 times greater then the one below it. They then laid this fractal pattern on top of a time scale. The peaks and troughs of the pattern relate to the level of connectedness or novelty in any span of time, whether it covers a day, millennia or even since the beginning of time. By matching the levels of the pattern with key periods in history, they determined it would fit best if the end of the time scale was December 22, 2012. This is the only point in which the level of novelty reaches its maximum, and everything that happens is new. Change feeds upon itself like nano-machines converting every atom in the universe into gold.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The final 80 or so pages of their Invisible Landscape (1993) describe the complicated mathematics and methodology they employed. A base period of roughly 67 years was discovered (all calculations are rough, but not inaccurate).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2012 minus 67 years = 1945, a year of great change[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2012 minus 4,300 years (67x64) = 2300 BC, the beginning of historical time [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2012 minus 275,000 years (4300 x 64) = the emergence of Homo sapiens[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2012 minus 18 million years (275,000 x 64) = the height of the age of mammals[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2012 minus 1.3 billion years = the beginning of life on our planet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]About what may happen in 2012 they have this to say:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Achievement of the zero state can be imagined to arrive in one of two forms. One is the dissolution of the cosmos in an actual cessation and unravelling of the natural laws, a literal apocalypse. The other possibility. the culmination of a human process, a process of toolmaking, which comes to completion in the perfect artefact: the monadic self, exteriorised, condensed, and visible in three dimensions; in alchemical terms, the dream of a union of spirit and matter"http://www.survive2012.com/why_2012_fractal.php#_edn1 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]On top of all this they state that they calculated the 2012 end date in the early 1970's, long before they had heard of the Mayan calendar. And to their credit, the original 1975 edition of The Invisible Landscape makes no mention of the Maya. If this is true, then it would be prudent to consider their result as much more than a coincidence, and to take their ideas seriously.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Also fitting the model of increasing novelty and the 2012 end date is the idea that on a sub-conscious level humans can sense a great change approaching. Unsure of what exactly to expect, but nevertheless feeling uneasy, we are doing the best we can to "get everything done" while we still have time. A last minute desperate attempt to achieve the peak of our potential. And if we are able to somehow sense a disturbance ahead, maybe birds and animals will pick up on it as well. Maybe in December 2012 the non-human species will suddenly hush, as they have demonstrated prior to earthquakes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Why 2012:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. Introduction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2. Mayan Calendar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]3. Fractal Time and the I Ching[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Next >>> 4. Galactic Alignment[/SIZE]

http://www.survive2012.com/why_2012_fractal.php

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
The Year 2012 News, speculation, and prophecy about the year 2012 and related topics
http://www.theyear2012.blogspot.com/

THE YEAR 2012 is a stream of information collected from various sources, mixed with explanation, commentary, and opinion. Much of this material is often ignored by the mass media for its "far out" and "conspiratorial" nature, but that does not mean that it is not important.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Pole Shift & Pole Reversal in 2012 (The Poles reversing and suddenly killing us all)

Think we'll be around in about 30 yrs? (Astroid coming to smack a few of us into the afterlife.)

And then there's the whole "Global Warming" Booga booga story we all know, where we're supposed to all run out of water, dry right up like deserts, yet at the same time flood all over the place, run out of food and then we all Die! Because we were ignorant, dirty pigs.

Somewhere around 2015-2030 or is it 2030-2050? I can't remember which one we're still on now.

Oh! And don't forget about World War III and the Nuclear Holocaust and billions being killed or mutated into cockroach-monkey people in the next 5 to 10 years.

And apparently Terminator's Judgement Day was delayed and we can't change fate in that scenario, so that one's still up for grabs until they run out of movies to explain why it hasn't happened yet.
What about the bird flu? Ya gotta believe in that.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Why do people believe this crap???

you keep saying its crap, wheres your proof.??? ,are you wiser than the people who made these assumptions, or famous because you know more about it then anyone else ,or is it because you think I'm a rational human being, and rational human beings would not believe in this ,don't forget they said Noah WAS A CONSPRICY NUT JOB TOO

1. Genesis 6:13
    So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.
    Genesis 6:12-14 (in Context) Genesis 6 (Whole Chapter)

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
you keep saying its crap, wheres your proof.??? ,are you wiser than the people who made these assumptions, or famous because you know more about it then anyone else ,or is it because you think I'm a rational human being, and rational human beings would not believe in this ,don't forget they said Noah WAS A CONSPRICY NUT JOB TOO
  1. Genesis 6:13
    So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.
    Genesis 6:12-14 (in Context) Genesis 6 (Whole Chapter)

How did Noah get involved in this????

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
How did Noah get involved in this????

Another person who was called a nut job because of his end of world prophecy's, its not that hard to work out surly Risus,were talking whether doom prophecy's are worth listening too arnit we...?????

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I just popped on like I normally do through time, and what do I see in the forums these days?

lmao
For my part, it was on purpose. I heard of lots of threats about comets n whatnot and this was the first time I heard of this one. I researched it and found that it'd be a near miracle if it did hit us. But, I thought I'd stir the pot a little and get the doomsday folks going again. :D I was just playing. Sorry. I promise I will be nothing but the epitomy of seriousness from now on.
If you believe that last sentence, can I sell you a nice orange bridge near here?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Belief is relative. I wouldn't worry over it because I'm not going to stop an asteroid from bumping into Earth, nor am I going to be able to halt tides. Hell ... we all gotta go sometime.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Why do people believe this crap???

Hey! I got a Question for you..... Why are you still here?

Didn't you just say: "Nope, I don't believe that crap."

That's all we need, thanks.... now you're wasting precious time... you should be Ga'Diggy'a'dinging your Shlobloing'n..
....not wasting your time reading things you don't believe in..... remember, you took the Blue Pill. :p

Last edited: