Maples and Oaks

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Maples and Oaks are talking. Big sentries rimming my path. The wind strums their vocal chords providing my walk a cadence, a silent energy. What else is there but this moment ? Oh plenty there is but the maples and oaks are talking now and l like to listen.

I'm carrying weights too. I love their symbolizing my inner toil, my inner penance. I'm under this wonderful shifting umbrella, this shifting shadow and light canopy under yet another on-coming breeze. A thousand voices, these maples and oaks that see it all, record it all.

Standing tall, standing stately, they're okay they're barely noticed. They have a greater order to attend. And I feel a surge of this in my veins, propelling my march onward, hovered over by royalty.

Years ago I used to try to whip up a little fun and awe in my daughter telling her the trees are talking. At her age she was willing. We would make up conversations, theorizing what they said.

Last edited:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Trees are cool.

You should really change your avatar to the Quebec flag as your political leanings are the Bloc Quebecois, as should all Quebec members of this Forum to show your support for the best and most progressive and most highly educated province in the country.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You should really change your avatar to the Quebec flag as your political leanings are the Bloc Quebecois, as should all Quebec members of this Forum to show your support for the best and most progressive and most highly educated province in the country.

I think what you say is true but sadly I am monolingual this prevents me from leaving Canada and emigrating to the beautiful nation of Quebec.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
I never met a tree i did not like,
shame the same cant be said about people