Nibiru and Planet X

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by quandary121View Post

do some research before you question the belief about planet x your about as smart as a dead chicken similarity between you and a human is purely coincidental!

I never mentioned your planet x. A few pages ago you included our moon in a list of planets.
You should really try to calm down and quit spewing epithets. You may just get banned.
IF YOU travel out to the far edge of the solar , into the frigid wastes beyond Pluto, you'll see something strange. Suddenly, after passing through the Kuiper belt, a region of space teeming with icy rocks, there's nothing.

Astronomers call this boundary the Kuiper cliff, because the density of space rocks drops off so steeply. What caused it? The only answer seems to be a 10th planet. We're not talking about Quaoar or Sedna: this is a massive object, as big as Earth or Mars, that has swept the area clean of debris.

The evidence for the existence of "Planet X" is compelling, says Alan Stern, an astronomer at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado. But although calculations show that such a body could account for the Kuiper cliff (Icarus, vol 160, p 32), no one has ever seen this fabled 10th planet.

There's a good reason for that. The Kuiper belt is just too far away for us to get a decent view. We need to get out there and have a look before we can say anything about the region. And that won't be possible for another decade, at least. New Horizons probe, which will head out to Pluto and the Kuiper belt, is scheduled for launch in January 2006. It won't reach Pluto until 2015, so if you are looking for an explanation of the vast, empty gulf of the Kuiper cliff, watch this space.

Now we have some actual measurable effects of Planet X.....
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I never mentioned your planet x. A few pages ago you included our moon in a list of planets.
You should really try to calm down and quit spewing epithets. You may just get banned.


You may just get banned

you wish m8 you wish
L Gilbert
I don't really care one way or the other. I can ignore you easily. So really, it's up to you, but if you continue to be abusive, you will be banned.
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I don't really care one way or the other. I can ignore you easily. So really, it's up to you, but if you continue to be abusive, you will be banned.

*moderator edit - insult removed*

Quandary, you've been warned repeatedly to cut it out. You won't be asked or warned again.
Last edited by Zan; Jul 5th, 2008 at 05:05 PM..
#126 (external - login to view)

Last edited by quandary121; Jul 6th, 2008 at 12:53 PM..

Quandary, you've been warned repeatedly to cut it out. You won't be asked or warned again.
Nibiru Found !! Planet X / Nibiru Researchers are Delighted

httpukyoutubecomwatchvQnNeQyxDM88 (external - login to view)

South Pole Telescope (SPT) — America’s New Planet X Tracker, 26-April-2006
Jacco van der Worp
Foreword by Marshall Masters
America is now spending huge sums to deploy the massive The South Pole Telescope (SPT) in Antarctica. The final installation will be the size of a mini-mall and will require a massive C-130 airlift effort to transport pre-assembled modules and a large staff to the most desolate, inhospitable and inaccessible region of the world. Why? Because Planet X / Nibiru was first sighted in 1983 and this discovery spurred the USA to build the SPT — humanity's new Planet X tracker.
Amongst independent researchers like us at YOWUSA.COM and the equally committed researchers with whom we share data, the 1983 IRAS observation of Planet X / Nibiru has always been a hot topic. On a private level, we often discuss how the NASA's IRAS spacecraft first captured infrared images of it back in 1983 with the same lament. Given the lack of corroboration, how can you publish a story that can easily be shot down as a rumor? That was then.
Now we have the corroboration we've lacked for years, The South Pole Telescope (SPT). Far more powerful capable and survivable than the 1983 IRAS spacecraft and Hubble Space Telescope put together, this manned observatory will soon begin tracking Planet X / Nibiru from the pristine skies of Antarctica.
Why is America spending a massive fortune to transport this massive facility with massive C-130 airlift to the most desolate, inhospitable and inaccessible region of the world to track this massive inbound? Because this is where astronomers will find their ultimate Kodak moment and this is good news. Their resulting multi-spectrum observations will translate into life-saving data.
Download 2012 Planet X Scenario PDF
  • Free PDF (external - login to view)
  • Download Zip Archive of JPEG Files (external - login to view)
  • Become a YOWUSA.COM Subscriber (external - login to view)

Foreword by Marshall Masters

A key person in the revealing content of this article is a former US intelligence officer by the name of John Maynard. These days, he is best known for his involvement with Dr. Steven Greer’s Disclosure Project (external - login to view). With regards to this article, his explanation of how our government first began tracking Planet X / Nibiru in 1983 is now being corroborated with the deployment of the South Pole Telescope (SPT) in Antarctica.
When I starting YOWUSA.COM in 1999, I received a good deal of help from John. Not one to remain idle, he took a position with the World Bank, to begin running their Africa desk following his retirement from the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). The NRO develops, deploys and operates America’s reconnaissance satellites for “customers” like the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Department of Defense (DOD).
As a former intelligence handler, John’s goals were two-fold. First, the release of information he’d seen pass across his desk regarding space threats and extraterrestrials. Second, and of equal importance to him, was teaching those who committed to publishing on these topics how to avoid confrontation with the Machiavellian-oriented groups within our government. His advice greatly shaped the manner in which we publish our findings to this very day.
When I started this site in 1999 along with Jacco van der Worp, Steve Russell and Janice Manning, our focus was solely on Earth changes. Rather than follow the footsteps of a narrow Earth-centric debate centered on humanity’s impact on the biosphere, we opted to see if there was an off-world causality. In late 2000, we determined there was, and this led us to our present research efforts with regards to Planet X / Nibiru.
In late 2000, I also had several conversations with John regarding Planet X. Actually, I probed him rather hard. Having worked on the Denver-based Space Imaging (external - login to view) satellite project for Lockheed Martin, I knew if a large incoming object was on the way, the Hubble or some other deep space bird had likely imaged it. My hunch was on the money.
John finally told me it had been imaged by NASA’s IRAS infrared sensing satellite in 1983 and that the mechanical failure story was used as a cover story. As he explained it to me, the IRAS data started pouring in, and that’s when they found Planet X. During one sweep, it stood out like a sore thumb; worse yet, it is approaching from the South.
This was especially bad news because the vast majority of the world’s most capable observatories are north of the Equator, and the decision was made to devote the remaining lifespan of the IRAS spacecraft to the observation of this one object.
After releasing the mechanical failure cover story, controllers used the IRAS’s remaining fuel to maintain a constant track on the object until they finally lost all control of the spacecraft.
Why IRAS Was Sacrificed

The reason why it was necessary to expend the IRAS’s remaining fuel is that tracking an object to determine its speed and trajectory requires multiple observations. This is because the more observations you make, the more you increase the accuracy of your tracking calculations.
This is why many Near Earth Object (NEO) announcements are alarming at first and then gradually become less threatening. As new observations are made, the chance of impact typically decreases through more accurate calculations.
Scroll down to continue...
I love this topic.
I'm waiting til 2012 to see what happens..seriously.
Like...I will die anyways, why not 2012?
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungJoonKimView Post

I love this topic.
I'm waiting til 2012 to see what happens..seriously.
Like...I will die anyways, why not 2012?

i don't blame you lots of speculation over whether there is in fact a planet x
have a look at this site if your interested (external - login to view)
Planet X - Nibiru & The Illuminati


Planet X is known by our ancestors as Nibiru and situates beyond the orbit of Pluto. It is belived to account for the anomalies detected in the orbits of Neptune and Uranus. The finding was reported in the June 19, 1982 edition of the New York Times:
"Something out there beyond the furthest reaches of the known solar system is tugging at Uranus and Neptune. A gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object, the long-sought Planet X. Astronomers are so certain of this planet's existence that they have already named it "Planet X - the 10th Planet."
The anomalous body was first spotted in 1983 by IRAS (Infrared Astronomical Satellite), according to news stories. The Washington Post reported:
"A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite. So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby 'protostar' that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through."
In an article titled, "Another Candidate For 'Planet X' Spotted." posted by MSNBC on October 7, 1999 Alan Boyle stated:
"Two teams of researchers have proposed the existence of an unseen planet or a failed star circling the sun at a distance of more than 2 trillion miles, far beyond the orbits of the nine known planets... Planetary scientist at Britain's Open University, speculates that the object could be a planet larger than Jupiter." And in December, 2000, SpaceDaily reported on" (external - login to view)
New Nasa South Pole Telescope Images of Nibiru Planet X 2012


New Nasa South Pole Telescope Images of Nibiru Planet X 2012

Leaked Nasa South Pole Telescope Images Photos of Nibiru Planet X 2012


Leaked Nibiru Planet X Hubble Telescope Photos May 09/06/08


Leaked Nasa Nibiru Planet X Doomsday Photos May 2008




Saturday March 29, 2008 9:45p, EST

BRISBANE, Australia - Our series on the phenomena created by the possibility that there is indeed a planet X has generated a lot of response.

Researcher, Cristian Negureanu, sent this explanation for the interest in Planet X or Nibiru.
The real cause of climate changes, volcanoes activity, intensification of the seismic activity etc., is the planet Eris’s getting closer to our solar system, intermediary named 2003 – UB – 313, and known in Antiquity under various names as: Nibiru, Marduk, Nemesis, Hercolubus, the Gods Planet, the Planet of the Empire, the Planet of the Cross or the Red Planet.
Below is a short record of the first (recent) contacts with Eris:
First observed on October 21, 2003 using the 1.22 Oschin telescope, at Mount Palomar Observatory ( California ).
Discovered by Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, David L. Rabinovitz, on January 5, 2005, based on the photos taken at the above mentioned date.
Furter observations published in October 2005 have shown a satellite named Dysnomia (Gabriel).
The planet Eris/ Nibiru periodically getting closer to Earth once in 3,600 years generates numerous climate changes, one being the global warming with its natural consequence – the melting of the glaciers. The effect of glaciers melting, because of their sweet water, will be the ending of the thermo – saline natural system, the “ engine “ that allows the Gulfstream circulation to the North and the freezing of spread areas in the North – West of Europe and North – East U.S.A.
Briefly, here is the process that took place during the last two periods in which the Gods planet has passed between Mars and Jupiter, the nearest point to Earth:
7,200 years ago, during the cataclysm known as “Noah’s flood“, “sudden changes in temperature, violent storms and water avalanches from Antarctica broke off from their ‘ice prison’ Dr. John T. Hollin at Maine University (U.S.A.) considers that large pieces periodically came out of the Antarctic ice field creating a huge tide” (Zecharia Sitchin, The Twelfth Planet).
3,600 years ago, during the Jews’ Exodus from Egypt in the middle of the second millennium B.C., the Earth suffered big cataclysms. “A celestial body that recently entered our solar system – a new comet – came very close to Earth [causing – A/N] the eventual disappearance of the glacier layer“ (Immanuel Velikovsky, “Worlds in Collision“).
The current situation – the Poles glaciers’ melting is accelerating .
The climate and geological changes will increase because the planet Eris/ Nibiru has not even been close to Pluto, its nearest point to Earth. This is supposed to happen between 2012 – 2014.
Nowadays, identical phenomena (global warming and volcanoes activation) also take place on other planets from our solar system because of Eris/ Nibiru. Here are few examples:
The Neptune’s moon, Triton is warming (BBC Science & Technology News, July 25, 1999).
Pluto experiences an extraordinary heating (Massachusetts Institute of Technology News, October 9, 2002).
Volcanic eruption on Jupiter’s satellite Io (Icarus Astronomy , November 2002).
The warming of Mars (ABC News, December 7, 2002).
The warming of Saturn (January 28, 2007, (external - login to view)): scientist of the UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) – physics and astronomy department and those at the University of Boston have noticed that the temperature of the superior atmosphere of Saturn is higher that estimated. Thus, professor Allan Aylward at UCLA considers necessary the reexamination of the main hypotheses regarding the planetary atmosphere and establishing the cause of the respective heating. He also noticed a similar process on Mars, concluding: “Studying the aspects within other planetary atmospheres will help us to find out clues of the Terra’s future“.
The books already mentioned also include various other description of severe phenomena as volcanoes activation, increasing seismic activity, terible hurricanes, huge tides, Pole reversal, and so on, that happened 7,200 years ago, respectively 3,600 years ago, processes that are more and more frequent nowadays on Earth.
Here are few additional arguments that Eris is Nibiru:
The number of its satellites. Zecharia Sitchin said on them in the above – mentioned work : “Four satellites [they had a rapid rotation movement,‘swirling like twirls’ , three other satellites – The Mad Wind , The Twirling Wind and The Sovereign Wind, using their satellites as ‘assault chariots’, he (Nibiru – A/N) sent ahead the winds, the all seven winds ready to fight.“
On Wikipedia, the search “transneptunian object“ returns other seven celestial bodies, except Pluto and Eris, most of them discovered by M. Brown, C. Trujillo, D. Rabinowitz.
Their aproximate dimensions are:
- Eris: 2,400 km
- Santa ( 2003 EL 61 ): 1,800 km
- 2005 Fy 9: 1,800 km
-Sedna: 1,800 km
-Orcus: 1,800 km
- Quaoar: 1,200 km
- Ixion :1,000 km
- Varuna: 1,000 km
The Sumerian writings say that a satellite of the Nibiru planet hit another planet, Tiamat, creating the “Sky” (The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter) and the Earth in the beginning of our solar system. Professor M. Brown has recently proved in the journal Nature that the planet 2003 – EL 61 suffered a terible collision with another celestial body at the beginning of our solar system. More details on (external - login to view) (March 28, 2007).
In the following lines I will highlight the connection between Eris (its intermediary name was 2003 UB – 313) and the Antiquity writings, where the planet was frequently named Nibiru:
In 2003, the year it was first observed (official comunication), the “Science et Vie“ magazine (the February issue) presented the elliptical trajectory of another planet in our solar system, IDENTICAL, with the trajectory of the Nibiru/ Marduk planet previously presented by Z. Sitchin.
(PHOTO 1 – (external - login to view))

(PHOTO 2 - (external - login to view) )

In 2005, several mounths after being discovered, distinguised astronomers from 19 countries reunited at the Vatican Astronomical Center connected through the Internet with Astronomical Centre on the Mount Tucson (Arizona, USA) – one of the most powerful in the world.
On August 1, 2005 newspapers from around the world wrote: “The celestial body was given the temporary name 2003 – UB – 313“. Scientists that gave this name to the Nibiru planet were very much aware of the Sumerian writings, as “UB“ meant the seven planets group (3 + 1 + 3 = 313 = 7) consisting of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Nibiru. The other group consists of the five remaining planets (2 + 0 + 0 + 3 = 2003 = 5), meaning: the Sun, Mercury, Venus the Earth and the Moon. Neiter “12“ was a coincidence – the total of the numbers in the intermediary name. The Sumerians knew 12 celestial bodies! The same way Z. Sitchin wrote in his book The Twelfth Planet that the “UB is formed of seven parts, called giparu in the Acadian language (the night shelter) […] There is no doubt that is the origin of the ancients’ faith in the ‘seven skies’“.
Eris‘s area, 2,400 km +/- 97 km, measured by using images from the Hubble telescope, was made public at the end of April 2006.
In my book titled The Bible and the UFOs, 1991, based on the data from the Apocalypse/ Revelation, I had given the dimensions of a possible planetary station: it was 2,400 km.
The last book of the Bible contains details on the Eris planet (chapter 21: 2,12,16) called the NEW JERUSALEM (ERIS/ SALEM), togheter with its diameter and area:
a) diameter: 12,000 x 200 m ( 1 stadium ) = 2,400 km.
b) area: 2,400 km (length) x 2,400 km (width) x 12 (levels or floors) = 69,120,000 km2.
The ancient writings also stated the comet – like aspect (comet provoking great disasters) of Eris/ Nibiru, most probably caused by one of its satellites:
a) The Sumerian writings, 7,200 years ago: “A planet moving very fast, on a eliptical orbit, similar to a comet“(Z. Sitchin, The Twelfth Planet).
b) His brightness (Yahweh/ Anu – the Leader of the Gods planet - A/N) is like the sunshine, a burning flame following His steps“ (Habacuc 3 : 4 – 5).
c) 3,600 years ago: “A comet […] came very close to Earth in the middle of the second millenium B.C.“ (I. Velikovsky, Worlds in Collision).
The current situation:
a) Professor M. Brown (details also on (external - login to view), January 21, 2007) has declared that the planet 2003 – EL – 61 can undergo the attraction of Neptune, transforming itself into the brightest comet ever seen, at least 6000 times brighter than the comet Halle Boop.
b) Eris is expected to pass between Mars and Jupiter its nearest point to Earth during 2012 – 2014. This is the main reason why NASA had launched the Dawn spacecraft on 27 september 2007, which will arrive at its destination, the Asteroid Belt, in 2011.
The logical explanation of the warming process on Earth and on the other planets in our solar system proves to be the one provided by I. Velikovsky, in his book from 1950: “Two celestial bodies have been attracted one to each other. The inner masses of the Earth were pushed to the periphery. The Earth, with its rotation movement disturbed, started to warm“.
Some images presented by NASA (APOD - Astronomy Picture Of the Day) show us clearly that on his way towards Earth, Station Planet Eris/ Nibiru is growing:
(PHOTO 3 – Eris on July 31, 2005 -

(PHOTO 4 – Eris on August 1, 2005 -

(PHOTO 5 – Eris on September 18, 2006 -

(PHOTO 6 – Eris on June 19, 2007 -

In mass media all over the world, on August16, 2006 appeared the next photo of our solar sistem:
(PHOTO 7 – the solar sistem – (external - login to view))

Something was absent: Dark Star. This was present of Andy Lloyd’s website:
(PHOTO 8 – The solar sistem and the Dark Star – (external - login to view))

On April 25, 2007 it was communicated officially the discovery of planet Gliese 581c, which is possibly to be like the Earth. This is actually Dark Star, which is orbiting planet 581.
(PHOTO 9 – May 02, 2007 –

The photo offered by NASA is almost similar to that from the cover of Andy Lloyd’s book titled Dark Star.
In conclusion, it is possible to prove the existence of a binary star system in which the Station/ Planet Eris/ Nibiru is the physical link or “ ferry “ between our solar system and the Dark Star system, between human civilisation and Anunnaki/ Elohim civilisation.
I believe that a psychological education of mankind is in full development. Some clues:
1) The Norwegian bunkers – along with the underground lodgements built in Norway, (Google and YouTube: A letter from a Norwegian politician about 2012) it was also officially inaugurated a warehouse with hundreds of millions of seeds to protect humanity in the case of a catastrophe, on 26 of February, 2008.
The Prime-Minister of Norway, Jens Stoltenberg, also an ecologist militant, Wangari Maathai (Kenya) – the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Peace, Jose Manuel Barroso – the President of the European Commision, took part at the inauguration.
(PHOTO 10 – (external - login to view))

Two statements from the event:
Jens Stoltenberg: “The biological diversity is endangered by forces of nature and by people’s actions; the bunker with seeds is our insurance policy.” Notice that the Norwegian Prim-Minister put first “the forces of nature.”
Jose Manuel Barroso: “We hope and work for the best, but we must be ready for the worst.” No further comments.
2) The bunkers on the moon. Scientists work at a true “Noah’s Ark” which would be located under the soil of the moon. The lodgements should contain information on DNA, embryos, the melting of metals, plants growing and all that is essential for life and civilization, if a catastrophic event would eventually take place on Earth and threaten the existence of mankind. Details: Telegraph, The Sun (March 10, 200.
(PHOTO 11 – (external - login to view))

3) In February, 2008, also came the announcement that Sony Pictures acquired the rights of a new script by director Roland Emmerich. The title of the film is “2012” and will be released in the summer of 2009.
The title “2012” refers to the date when, according to the Maya calendar, the world as we know it would end. Emmerich’s “Apocalypse” is among the movies about disasters, being similar to the movie “The Day After Tommorow”, an international success from 2004. The film premiered in May, 2004, after “The Observer” had made public a report of Pentagon about the dramatic climatic changes, in February, 2004 (Google: The Observer Pentagon Climate).
Notice that starting with the summer of 2009, the moment of the film’s international premiere, the planet Eris/ Nibiru will be seen in the sky as a slightly red object.
4) On the 28 of February, 2008, another news was spread all over the world. Its title was something like: “The Japanese astronomers believe in the existance of a new planet in the solar system.” A few ideas:
The operations were coordinated by the Japanese professor Tadashi Mukai and by the American researcher Patrick Lykawka. They will be published in April, this year, in the Astronomical Journal edited by American Society for Astronomy.
“There is a high probability that a real, still unknown planet… located at the border of our solar system… we are now looking in places that we have not looked before, and I think we will be able to see the planet within the next five or ten years”, researchers said.
Details on Google: Earth Size Planet News National Geographic; (external - login to view)
The image showed by National Geographic is IDENTICAL with that showed by NASA in August 1, 2005: Planet Eris/ 2003 UB 313.
(PHOTO 13 –

Details in the book “Planet Eris and the Global Warming” (can be found at Amazon).,25197,23040466-937,00,00.html
Washington Post
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered, a front page story
A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite. So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through. "All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology said in an interview.
The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous planet, as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion miles. While that may seem like a great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto. "If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James Houck of Cornell University's Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know how the world's planetary scientists would even begin to classify it."
The mystery body was seen twice by the infrared satellite as it scanned the northern sky from last January to November, when the satellite ran out of the supercold helium that allowed its telescope to see the coldest bodies in the heavens. The second observation took place six months after the first and suggested the mystery body had not moved from its spot in the sky near the western edge of the constellation Orion in that time. "This suggests it's not a comet because a comet would not be as large as the one we've observed and a comet would probably have moved," Houck said. "A planet may have moved if it were as close as 50 billion miles but it could still be a more distant planet and not have moved in six months time.
Whatever it is, Houck said, the mystery body is so cold its temperature is no more than 40 degrees above "absolute" zero, which is 459 degrees Fahrenheit below zero. The telescope aboard IRAS is cooled so low and is so sensitive it can "see" objects in the heavens that are only 20 degrees above absolute zero. When IRAS scientists first saw the mystery body and calculated that it could be as close as 50 billion miles, there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth. "It's not incoming mail," Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can."
Article nabbed from (external - login to view), and to T. Chester looks like the authentic article as originally published. (external - login to view)
Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by quandary121View Post

Washington Post
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered, a front page story
31-Dec-1983l (external - login to view)

The real story, from (external - login to view)

The IRAS Incident

Many people, including Mr. Hazlewood, claim that NASA actually sighted Planet X in 1983, and it was reported in the Washington Post! The article claims that two scientists named Neugebauer and Houck used the Infrared Astronomy Satellite (called IRAS) and found a Jupiter-sized object a few billion kilometers out from the Sun. This turns out not to be the case. Rather than rely on the accuracy of a newspaper article (and you can find out how accurate those are elsewhere on this site (external - login to view)) I did something that never occurred to the doomsayers: I sent an email to the two astronomers asking what happened back in '83. Gerry Neugebauer replied, and told me the real poop.
IRAS was designed to look in the far-infrared, well past what our eyes see. At the time, no one was really sure what it would find. To everyone's surprise, several bright point sources were found that did not correspond to anything seen on optical images taken of the same areas. In the press conference, the two scientists said that these objects could be almost anything, from a tenth planet in our solar system to distant galaxies.
Guess which it turned out to be? Sure enough, much deeper images were taken, and some of the objects were found to be dense gas clouds in our own Galaxy, while others turned out to be very distant galaxies. In fact, these observations heralded the discovery of a new type of object: Ultra-luminous Infrared Galaxies (ULIRGs). These are galaxies in which there is a burst of stars being born. The cocoons of dust in which the stars are enshrouded generates copious infrared, which is what was detected by IRAS. They published these results in the prestigious Astrophysical Journal, and you can even read it yourself (external - login to view).
So IRAS did not see Nibiru, Planet X, or anything of the sort, despite the claims of the doomcriers. Of course, they now claim that NASA is clamping down on the press for Planet X. The original Post article, they say, was hastily retracted due to pressure from the NASA thugs. Of course, the doomcriers have absolutely no evidence of this (because, of course, this claim is wrong), but they continue to state it as if it is fact. It is nothing of the sort. They like to make claims like this for many reasons: it generates an "us vs. them" mentality, which is great for conspiracies, and it helps sell books and/or videos. But it's wrong at best and a lie at worst.
A good page with a lot of detail about the IRAS observations is written by Tom Chester, an astronomer on the original IRAS team that found the mystery sources (external - login to view). Straight from the horse's mouth, if you will.
You can also read more about IRAS and Planet X at the Planet X and the Pole Shift website (external - login to view), which also has a copy of the original Washington Post article (external - login to view).
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

The real story, from
The IRAS Incident
Many people, including Mr. Hazlewood, claim that NASA actually sighted Planet X in 1983, and it was reported in the Washington Post! The article claims that two scientists named Neugebauer and Houck used the Infrared Astronomy Satellite (called IRAS) and found a Jupiter-sized object a few billion kilometers out from the Sun. This turns out not to be the case. Rather than rely on the accuracy of a newspaper article (and you can find out how accurate those are elsewhere on this site) I did something that never occurred to the doomsayers: I sent an email to the two astronomers asking what happened back in '83. Gerry Neugebauer replied, and told me the real poop.
IRAS was designed to look in the far-infrared, well past what our eyes see. At the time, no one was really sure what it would find. To everyone's surprise, several bright point sources were found that did not correspond to anything seen on optical images taken of the same areas. In the press conference, the two scientists said that these objects could be almost anything, from a tenth planet in our solar system to distant galaxies.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Thank-you for your detailed account of what you think to be the truth about planet x Dexter, i will look into all of these links with interest ,but until i have read through these links ,i will continue to believe that there is something to this,i am going to continue to post other articles about planet x regardless of there authenticity, please don't take this as an affront to what you have told me as until i can verify what you are saying or these links are saying ,then in my mind it is still open to debate.
Are Governments Suppressing the 23-July-08 Planet X / Nibiru Crop Circle in Avebury?

NOTE: This image was restored by CCC on August 5, 2008 (external - login to view) without any explanation for this disappearance. It was re-posted with additional images and a rather elaborate interpretation.
The Crop Circle Connector web site has long been a leading UK crop circle resource, but a recent, mysterious retraction of what could be a groundbreaking formation depicting the orbit of Planet X / Nibiru now begs the question: Is this the result of government suppression? Are we being prevented from learning about the Planet X / Nibiru Crop Circle that appeared in two parts in Avebury Manor, near Avebury, Wiltshire, UK on 15-July-2008 and 23-July-2008?
Therefore, before leaping to conclusions, let's first examine the parties involved and the chronology of event. Then, we shall present our initial findings on part 1 of this 2-part formation, which indicate a date stamp for the Winter Solstice of 2012 with a planetary alignment that clearly demonstrates that we are in the process of losing the Planet Pluto. GO (external - login to view)

The Hundredth Monkey

The principal goal of disinformation is to subjugate a people, a nation or even an entire world for that matter. Elusive world elites with their own agendas practice it artfully. They use it to shield their service-to-self ambitions from any semblance of honest transparency - which is the case with all evil aims in the incubating phase. Nonetheless, we sense this great evil, but the force of their disinformation is so overwhelming that we feel powerless to do anything about it. GO (external - login to view)
Companion Article to Cut to the Chase Interview #91:Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial Disinformation — Propaganda Experts Philip Gardiner and Marshall Vian Summers (external - login to view)

The Disinformation Playbook

In early 2008, we began to analyze Planet X / Nibiru South Pole Telescope (SPT) leak videos by YouTube users, such as NibiruShock2012.
Some of these videos, particularly the first two by NibiruShock2012, triggered massive, well-organized disinformation attacks. When we began documenting these disinformation attacks, we became the target of equally brutal attacks, which continue to this day. However, if the goal of these attacks was to diminish our popularity, the exact opposite proved to be true. GO (external - login to view)
Companion Article to Cut to the Chase Interview #91:Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial Disinformation — Propaganda Experts Philip Gardiner and Marshall Vian Summers (external - login to view)

Planet X / Nibiru SPT Disclosures — May 2008 Report

Includes Summary Video (Please Download)

NOTICE TO OUR READERS: This is our last Planet X disclosure analysis. We stand by our reporting and encourage you to become self-informed.—Marshall Masters
Since our last major South Pole Telescope disclosure analysis article in April titled, First Two Planet X SPT Leaked Image Videos by NibiruShock2012 Now Seen as Highly Credible we've noticed the following three trends:
  1. Frequency and number of disclosures.
  2. More heavy-handed disinformation attacks.
  3. Whistle blowers are falling on their swords.
As the frequency and pace of disclosures increases, the disinformation attacks are becoming more heavy-handed. Back in March of this year, the disinformation was being played with the sophistication of a championship chess match, and the moves were played with finesse. However, this month this chess game has evolved into a bizarre Internet version of Whack 'em All. GO (external - login to view)

Five Simple Ways to Test Planet X / Nibiru YouTube Disclosure Videos

For several months, has been conducting a constant analysis of the Planet X / Nibiru disclosure videos appearing on We set out on this analysis with three goals in mind:
  • Develop a content-driven ranking system.
  • Create a series of simple, YouTube vetting tests.
  • Define the attributes of a newsworthy video.
In this article, we'll discuss our findings based on these 3 goals (and name names) so that our readers can use the method as a reference point for the development of their own independent vetting protocol. has identified ranking system with 7 levels. The principal factor for all levels is intent. The first three levels are based on malevolent intent, and the remaining four represent some level of sincerity. GO (external - login to view)

First Two Planet X SPT Leaked Image Videos by NibiruShock2012 Now Seen as Highly Credible

This series of articles and the supporting video represent a culmination of a 7-week study that began with NibiruShock2012's release of the Nibiru/Planet X photos taken January 2008 video on YouTube on February 20, 2008. Until today, our steady assessment of those images, plus those appearing in a second video by the same director, has been that of "compelling."
With the publication of this final study, we are now elevating that assessment from "compelling" to "highly credible." What prompts us to make this claim is the massive, highly successful government disinformation campaign waged against these two important disclosure videos by NibiruShock2012.
We further believe that NibiruShock2012's latest video is a sophisticated disinformation ploy that has been presented as a hoax in order to quell any further public discussion. These specific findings are detailed in the reports by Janice Manning and Jacco van der Worp, MSc. GO (external - login to view)

South Pole Telescope (SPT) — America’s New Planet X Tracker

Now we have the corroboration we've lacked for years, The South Pole Telescope (SPT). Far more powerful capable and survivable than the 1983 IRAS spacecraft and Hubble Space Telescope put together, this manned observatory will soon begin tracking Planet X / Nibiru from the pristine skies of Antarctica. GO (external - login to view)

Planet X and the Mysterious Death of Dr. Robert Harrington

Dr. Robert S. Harrington, the chief astronomer of the U.S. Naval Observatory, died before he could publicize the fact that Planet X is approaching our Solar System.
Many feel his death part of a cove-up? One in which government agencies quickly moved to conceal the most earth-shaking discovery in history. If so, the search for truth begins in New Zealand.
In 1991, Dr. Robert S. Harrington, the chief astronomer of the U.S. Naval Observatory, took a puny 8-inch telescope to Black Birch, New Zealand, one of the few viewing points on Earth optimal for sighting Planet X, which he definitively calculated to be approaching from below the ecliptic at an angle of 40 degrees. GO (external - login to view)

Nostradamus Proven: The True Prediction for the Destruction of New York City

Millions of Americans living along the East Coast are in the cross hairs of a deadly La Palma mega-tsunami threat. Scientists warn us that we face a clear and present danger. Their evidence is clear and compelling, and now, there is more. A new analysis of Nostradamus demonstrates that he predicted this impending calamity with equally clear and compelling precision.
We are presenting this alarming Nostradamus - La Palma Mega-tsunami analysis by Professor Chris Lock, Ph.D., making it available in the hope it will help spur Western governments into action, and we're not alone. NOVA, DISCOVERY, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC and many more reliable sources are also sounding the alarm. GO (external - login to view)

A Reality Check for 2012 and Planet X — Follow The Money

In my recently released podcast, Could We See Two Suns in Five Years? (external - login to view) (now available on iTunes) I put forth the proposition that we live in a binary system and that Sol's unborn twin is a brown dwarf. This proposition is based on current astronomical data, plus the ancient historical accounts and warnings contained in The Kolbrin Bible (external - login to view). GO (external - login to view)

Nostradamus Repository

This online repository of Les Propheties features the 1840 Bareste edition. This edition features the original 10 Centuries in the Old French, with reliable English language translations.
  • Repository Home Page (external - login to view)
  • Newcomer Welcome (external - login to view)
  • Navigating the Repository (external - login to view)
Detailed historical information regarding this particular online version of the 1840 Bareste edition of Les Propheties, is available on the About (external - login to view) page.
Century 1 (external - login to view)
Century 2 (external - login to view)
Century 3 (external - login to view)
Century 4 (external - login to view)
Century 5 (external - login to view)
Century 6 (external - login to view)
Century 7 (external - login to view)
Century 8 (external - login to view)
Century 9 (external - login to view)
Century 10 (external - login to view)

Mission Statement

Your Own World USA’s core mission is 2012 — Planet X / Nibiru education. Our interviews and articles are free to the public, because we believe those who choose to become self-informed today, will be better prepared to think their way through the challenging years ahead. If you wish to directly support our efforts, please subscribe (external - login to view) to this site for additional benefits.
Given the highly eccentric nature of long-period orbits, predicting an exact return date for Planet X / Nibiru is difficult. However, the ever-quickening pace and severity of ongoing weather changes and seismic events, clearly signals an early onset of flyby effects. If current trends persist, the pattern of these catastrophic effects will worsen as the 2012 time frame approaches.
It is important to stress that this flyby will not be the end of humankind. We will survive it as we have those of the past — and we shall evolve in response to it. Likewise, those who make it, will live to see the beginning of a better world. This is why our motto is “see you on the backside” (after the flyby.) (external - login to view)
First Indirect Confirmations
by Luca Scantamburlo

After the release of the controversial “MJ-12 files” and of the “Guardian files”, always taken place by an anonymous action, maybe for the first time in the history one member of the ufological community, an Italian freelance, was able to check the credentials of an intelligence insider still operating and neither retired nor fired, who supplied classified material. An insider of a presumed Vatican intelligence structure, and furthermore an insider supported in his action by some of his colleagues. But first of all, let me tell you something about that freelance: Cristoforo Barbato. Born in Naples in 1972, is an Italian independent UFO researcher; in the last 7 years he worked and written for several UFO magazines and frontier studies published in Italy : Notiziario UFO and Dossier Alieni for example. For many years Barbato was also a member of the C.U.N. (Centro Ufologico Nazionale), the main Italian ufological association. Moreover he has collaborated to the realization of two Italian encyclopedias on the UFOs subject, entitled UFO Dossier X, published by the Fabbri Edizioni and Stargate - Enigmi dal Cosmo, by Curcio Editore. Barbato has also participated as speaker at some national conventions on the UFOs, where he has had the possibility to meet different important UFOs researchers, both Italians and international: among them Col. Philip Corso , U.S. Army retired officer.
For some years Barbato was editor in charge in Rome for some Italian magazines, as Stargate, Extra Terrestre and Stargate Magazine. During that period he wrote on the magazine “Stargate” many reports about Fatima Apparitions and the famous “Third Secret”. After the publication of those reports, precisely in the year 2000, he received several e-mails from a person who qualified himself as a Vatican insider. From those e-mails rose up the story of a presumed Vatican Intelligence Agency, whose code would be S.I.V.: Servizio Informazioni del Vaticano, which in Italian means “Vatican Information Services”. In short the Vatican Secret Services. Barbato, at the beginning, was very skeptical and did not rely on him. After one year of such an epistolary contacts (in the meantime the insider revealed himself as a S.I.V. membership, belonging to the Jesuit Order and working by the Holy See), the Italian freelance demanded a meeting with him, as a necessary condition to carry on the contacts. In spite of the risks the Vatican insider accepted, and I suppose he was aware it was necessary considering his baffling revelations. Two meetings took place in a public space in Rome in 2001.
After that at least his identity was clear: he was not a mythomaniac; he was really a Jesuit working by the Holy See. Of course the Italian freelance has been protecting his source, avoiding to spread his name; and very soon Barbato realized that he knew much more than what he had told him by e-mail.
Moreover in 2001 the Vatican insider sent to Cristoforo Barbato by post a videotape (shown for the first time during a meeting that took place in Pescara, in Italy, on 30 April 2005), containing a footage of 2 minutes regarding observations of a planetoid in the deep space (the presumed Tenth Planet, “the Planet X”), while it was approaching to the Solar System. The video, which shows an introduction of writings of classification on it, had been carried out by a secret space probe named “Siloe”. The Vatican deep throat told Barbato the space probe was equipped with a sophisticated infrared camera and an electromagnetic impulses propulsion, and was assembled in Area 51 (Nevada), and then orbited by an Aurora-type secret hypersonic aircraft; the space probe Siloe, always according the Barbato’s contact, sent the images of the planetoid in October 1995 (after it came back to the border of Solar System to have more power of signal), to a secret radio telescope hidden in an unused oil-refining plant in Alaska, totally managed by some Jesuits belonging to the S.I.V. The radio telescope, he added, was built in 1990 to observe anomalous celestial bodies on approaching the Solar System.
After his conference in Pescara (Italy), Barbato spread a press release which, according to the Jesuit’s information, would confirm also the story of a secret meeting of First Contact happened during the strange absence of President Einsehower in a February evening of 1954, while the President was on holiday in Palm Springs, in California, absence officially motivated with a sudden visit by a dentist for an emergency dental treatment. As a matter of fact on Saturday night of February 20, 1954, Eisenhower’s Press Secretary announced that Eisenhower had lost a tooth cap while eating fried chicken and had to be rushed to a local dentist (source: Michael Salla, PhD, (external - login to view)). Here you are a passage from Barbato’s press release:
“[…] the meeting with an Alien delegation at Muroc Air Field Base in February 1954 in presence of president Dwight Eisenhower and James Francis McIntyre, bishop of Los Angeles . After that incredible event McIntyre flew to Rome to refer everything to Pope Pius XII who decided to found the S.I.V with the aim to get every possible information about Aliens and how they interacted with the American Government. From then bishop McIntyre and Detroit Archbishop Edward Mooney became the main information co-ordinators between the USA and the Vatican State . Incredibly, later on there should have been some direct personal meetings between S.I.V. members and a nordic-looking race of Aliens coming from the Pleiades. These Aliens presumedly warned humans against another alien race met by the Americans in the California Desert . These meetings between S.I.V and Aliens took place mainly in the USA territory but also - twice - in the Vatican State , precisely in Vatican Gardens at the Papal Academy of Sciences in presence of Pope Pius XII. My Jesuit contact also confirmed to me the reality of the George Adamsky-John XXIII meeting and talked about some very interesting details about it. He also called "Secretum Omega" the highest secrecy level in S.I.V, equivalent to to the NATO Cosmic Top Secret. "
I interviewed Barbato for the Italian bimonthly magazine UFO Notiziario (UFO news), nr.62, April-May 2006, in which the magazine published some frames of the video and a very interesting presumed image (provided almost for sure by the Jesuit to Barbato) regarding the phantom “Aurora” or an Aurora-type airplane (so far denied by U.S. officials): an american large secret hypersonic aircraft capable of a Mach 6 performance. In the presumed picture, taken by a classified STS mission in 2002, you can see a full-body shape aircraft (a black triangle) coming out from the earthly atmosphere to go into the Space. Other detailed information have been revealed on Barbato’s website ( (external - login to view)), where last September the Italian freelance published on-line the interview to his contact, the Jesuit, taken place in 2001 in Rome. The Jesuit member of the S.I.V. told Barbato that on occasion of the secret meeting at Muroc Air Field Base, in 1954, military cameramen filmed the outstanding event “by three cinecameras (16 millimeters), detached in different places, loaded with colour film and working by spring engines; this last rather unconformtable resolution, because it compelled every cameraman to change reel every 3 minutes, it was necessary since in the presence of the Aliens and of their spacecrafts, the electrical engines ot the biggest cinecameras di not work. They filmed 7 rollers of 30 meters, a total of 20 minutes shot.”
Among the Jesuit’s revelations, two of them are astonishing: about the planetoid visible in the videotape, the Vatican insider told the Italian freelance that it is the Planet X (the Sumerian Nibiru); about the “Guardian Files”, he confessed him are a “dramatic truth”, apart from the frames of the presumed E.B.E.
The Barbato' s researches shocked me and roused me to investigate as journalist the "Secretum Omega" enigma. Since 2005 up to now, on some magazines, websites and essays, I found out several circumstantial evidences that seem to prove the existence of the S.I.V. and the "Secretum Omega", their highest clearance. Barbato, before than me, found the most important and explicit of them on an historical essay, a book written by Mark Aarons and John Loftus, entitled “Ratlines” (see chapter 1). Anyway, above all because of the mass-media silence, I decided to baptize the Barbato’s video with the name of “Jesuit Footage”, to draw upon it the public attention. And finally I found an indirect remarkable confirmation of Barbato’s testimony: Dr. Steven M. Greer (M.D.), in his recent book “Hidden Truth – Forbidden Knowledge”, revealed in the chapter nr. 16 (passages of it have been published by Nexus New Times magazine, on the survey “Twilight Zone”, nr 64, October-November 2006) that, during a meeting with some rebel insiders taken place in December 1994 in Phoenix by Wrigley Mansion, one of them confessed him that determinate Jesuits control technology on UFOs information and contacts with Aliens. So I am convinced that the disturbing inquiries carried out by Barbato deserve our maxim attention, especially to understand how much truth there is about the next Planet X's arrival.
© Luca Scantamburlo, B.A.
November 11, 2006 (external - login to view)
ERRATA CORRIGE: The article above was revised by the author on 11th November 2006 because in the former one there was an imprecision about the Italian Jesuit's interview: concerning the Aurora aircraft, the Jesuit told Barbato in 2001 that Siloe space probe was orbited by an Aurora-type aircraft; he was not sure it were just the Aurora.
UPDATE (August 5, 2007): According to a new journalistic report published in Italy (on the magazine Area 51, nr.19, April 2007), the italian freelancer C. Barbato pointed out to the author of the report that he received the parcel post (with the videotape sent to him by the Jesuit) in the year 2000 and not in 2001. (external - login to view)

The Planet X Saga: The Scientific Arguments in a Nutshell

Let me be very clear here: Nancy Lieder, Mark Hazlewood and the rest of these Planet X people (hereafter referred to as "PXPs") are completely wrong. No rogue giant planet is about to destroy the Earth, in May 2003 or otherwise. The webpages on this and other sites give lots of details, but I thought it might help if I made a brief synopsis of the arguments I and others make to debunk this pseudoscientific silliness. Listed below are the major points against the claims of the PXPs. Feel free to use them to make yourself feel better, or to use on someone who is contemplating the Dark Side.
  • Ancient texts do not discuss the existence of a tenth planet. (external - login to view)
  • There is no astronomical indication of the existence of another large planet in the inner solar system. (external - login to view)
  • The Sun is not acting in any way abnormally. (external - login to view)
  • There are not more earthquakes than normal. (external - login to view)
  • There has been a lot of weird weather lately (external - login to view)
  • Brown dwarfs are not at all the way Planet X people describe. (external - login to view)
  • Observatories are not being closed suspiciously. (external - login to view)
  • The pictures that have been posted are either outright fakes or being misinterpreted. (external - login to view)
  • I am not a government disinformation agent.
  • The Grand Conclusion (external - login to view) (guess what it is)
  • Links and acknowledgements (external - login to view)
Ancient texts do not discuss the existence of a tenth planet.

Image of the Berlin Seal, which doesn't show Planet XZechariah Sitchin bases his entire theory of the existence of a tenth planet on ancient texts, including Sumerian and biblical writings. However, he is known to misinterpret Sumerian, sometimes grossly. His key finding is based on a seal that shows a diagram that looks like the solar system, with the Sun at the center. It appears to have eleven planets around it. Since Sumerians counted the Sun and Moon as planets, Sitchin says the extra one must be some unknown planet. He also says it has aliens on it who communicated with the ancient Sumerians.But there are two major problems with this. Well, three, if you count having alien visitations as a problem (and I certainly do). But ignoring that, there are still two biggies. Sitchin claims that the picture shows Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. But the Sumerians didn't have telescopes, and therefore could only have known of them if aliens told them about their existence. But if aliens told them about those planets, why not about the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, or Saturn's rings? The seal doesn't show any of these features. And the Sumerians thought the Moon and Sun were planets, when they aren't. Certainly aliens would know that the Sun and Moon are not planets! Sitchin is picking and choosing things in the picture to support his arguments, and ignoring things that don't support it. That isn't science, it's fantasy. It's also wrong.
Worse, his interpretation of the picture is wrong. The Sumerians have an unambiguous symbol for the Sun: a circle with four triangles around it like rays, and squiggly lines between the triangles. That is emphatically not the symbol in the seal. The symbol used is that of a bright star, but not the Sun. So even Sitchin's basic premise is wrong. Michael Heiser, a Sumerian scholar, outlines all this on his website (external - login to view).Conclusion: Sitchin's ideas are wrong, and so there is no reason to even introduce the idea of a tenth planet that passes by the Earth.
There is no astronomical indication of the existence of another large planet in the inner solar system.

In my opinion, this is the biggest problem with the Planet X myth. Simply put: where is it? We don't see it optically, and we don't see any effects gravitationally.
Image of Jupiter in the night sky (click to enlarge), from Astronomy Picture of the DayLook at Jupiter. Literally! It's about ten times the diameter of the Earth, and it's on average about 750 million kilometers (450 million miles) away. It is easily visible to the naked eye, and in fact is usually the fourth or fifth brightest object in the sky (the Sun, Moon, and Venus are brighter, and Mars can sometimes be brighter than Jupiter).
Yet, for Planet X to be here in less then a decade, it can't be farther than a billion or so kilometers away. Even at that distance, it would be one of the brightest objects in the sky. Even if it were too faint to be seen with the naked eye, it would still be seen easily even if it were billions of kilometers away. Remember, tiny Pluto is 5 billion kilometers out, and can be easily detected using modern equipment, and Pluto is way smaller than Planet X is supposed to be. There is simply no way a big planet so close to Earth could have escaped astronomers' detection-- even amateur astronomers, who even Lieder and Hazlewood must realize have no reason to lie-- all these decades.
Also, a giant planet has giant gravity. Neptune was discovered because of its gravitational effects on Saturn and Uranus. Planet X, if it were anywhere near the inner solar system (and in truth, even a long way out), would pull on those planets. This pull would affect their orbits, and we'd see that. We don't. Some of the Planet X proponents talk about how the outer planets' orbits are indeed affected, but they are relying on very old data. In fact, the planets are exactly where they should be (external - login to view) given the nine planets we know about.
A lot of PXPs talk about a couple of scientific papers published which talk about perturbations in comet orbits indicating a possible tenth planet. I have read both papers, and found them to be interesting, but unlikely. They are more speculation than hard science, in my opinion. But even if they are correct, they would indicate a planet that is way, way farther out than Hazlewood and Lieder claim for Planet X, and in fact would indicate there is no massive planet closer to the inner solar system. As usual, by pointing out scientific evidence they think supports their position, the PXPs are actually highlighting evidence against them.
Another favorite claim of Mark Hazlewood is that NASA found the tenth planet back in 1983, and even announced it. This is patently untrue (external - login to view). What really happened was that a satellite used to make astronomical observations in infrared light found several objects that were previously unidentified. During a press conference, the astronomers made a list of potential sources, including (but not limited to) a tenth planet. Of course, the headline in the Washington Post zeroed in on the planet possibility, but science is generally not done by headlines. Sure enough, follow-up observations made later showed clearly that most of the objects were distant galaxies, and another was a gas cloud in our own Galaxy. No planet.
Of course, Hazlewood and his ilk claim that NASA got wise and quickly covered up the discovery of the tenth planet, but let's face it, that claim is pretty dumb. This was a NASA press conference in the first place, and if they were this ultra-competent super-secret organization that Hazlewood makes them out to be, or even if they were middling-competent bureaucrats, the press conference wouldn't have been held in the first place! And at the very least, the astronomers involved would have been briefed not to reveal anything secret. The PXPs want it both ways: they want NASA to be so good they can change journal articles, web pages, astronomical catalogs and more with iron-clad authority, but so bumbling they couldn't keep two astronomers and a DC reporter shut up. Puhleeze!
Conclusion: Planet X has no physical effects, has never been seen, and therefore doesn't exist.
The Sun is not acting in any way abnormally.

The PXPs love to scream every time the Sun undergoes an eruption, whether it's a flare or coronal mass ejection (or CME for short). They say that the peak in the 11 year solar cycle was two to three years ago, and therefore the Sun should be quiet now. Any eruption is therefore evidence of effects from Planet X.
This is wrong. The Sun did indeed peak in the year 2000, but these peaks are not sudden; they grow and fade slowly, over years. In fact, each peak actually has two sub-peaks; solar activity rises, then declines, then rises again a year or so later, as can be seen in the plot shown (click on it to bring up a bigger version of the image). We are just now finishing up the second peak, and as you can see we should expect plenty of activity on the Sun. I talked to a couple of solar astronomers, and they both told me that the flares and CMEs in the second peak tend to be more violent than in the first, so we actually expect more energetic activity in the second peak, that is, now.
The PXPs neglect to mention the history of the Sun, and just want you to think about what's happening right now. By doing that, it makes it seem like the Sun is undergoing all sorts of undulations, when in fact it's doing exactly what is expected of it. The Sun is in no way acting abnormally, despite their claims.Conclusion: the Sun is acting normally, and its behavior does not support the existence of Planet X.

There are not more earthquakes than normal.

This claim is similar to the one about the Sun (external - login to view). The PXPs say that earthquakes are on the rise, which indicates effects by Planet X. Every time there is a large earthquake, the PXPs say this is evidence for Planet X.
This is wrong. The table displayed here (click on it to bring up a bigger version of the image) shows earthquake activity over the past 13 years. The quakes are divided by strength (vertically) and year (horizontally). The data are complete for 2002, meaning every earthquake measured is there.
If Planet X is nearly here, then you'd expect to see an increase of major earthquake activity over time, with 2002 having the most. Surprise! It doesn't. In fact, 2002 is usually average or even below average in the number of major earthquakes for a given magnitude that occurred.
You may notice that the actual total number of earthquakes does appear to increase with time, but that is not because there are more earthquakes. It's because we're getting better at detecting them! As instruments become more sensitive, more earthquakes are detected. Note that the increase is mostly in the number of small quakes, which are usually harder to detect. Better instrumentation naturally detects smaller quakes more easily, increasing the total number found without changing the number of big quakes found, because those are easy to detect and we catch them all with less sensitive equipment. Supporting this is the last line of the graph, which shows only a few very weak earthquakes in the 0-1 range. There are probably more of those than any other earthquake, but are far harder to detect unambiguously (a car driving by might look just like a magnitude 0.1 earthquake to a seismograph). The United States Geological Survey has a webpage describing exactly this finding. So, if Planet X is real and affecting us, it must be suppressing earthquakes, not causing them.
There were two big earthquakes in January 2003, both over 7 on the Richter scale. The PXPs went nuts about them. But look at the plot! Two magnitude 7 earthquakes in one month means you'd expect 24 in a year, right? Well, you can see that 24 magnitude 7 earthquakes per year is just about right given the earthquake history. So once again, by bringing this data to everyone's attention, the Planet X people are shooting themselves in the foot.
Conclusion: there no more earthquakes than usual, and therefore earthquakes cannot be used to support the existence of Planet X.
There has been a lot of weird weather lately.

Another big claim is that there has been a lot of unusual weather going on; tornadoes, droughts, storms, etc. Like earthquakes and solar flares, every time it rains it seems like it must be due to Planet X.First off, surprise! The weather isn't all that weird. We are coming off of an El Nino, which is a weather pattern that disrupts climates across the world. Also, we are now into springtime, when things like tornadoes are common. Seeing tornadoes in Texas and Oklahoma is not only not unusual, but is expected!
There have been some records broken this year, but there are weather records broken every year. This is exactly the same sort of bad logic used in the earthquake argument, and is just as wrong. Even a cursory web search yields lots of pages about the odd weather we get as El Nino departs.
And even if it were true, how could the weather possibly be to tied to an incoming planet? If you assume electromagnetic forces, we'd see huge changes in our aurora before we'd see changes in the weather, and we see no such changes. If it were gravitational, then there would be countless other, far larger effects. Long before the weather were disrupted, we'd see changes in the Moon's orbit that were so big they would be unmistakable. They would certainly throw off the timings of eclipses, and we'll see on May 15th that there will be a lunar eclipse right on schedule.
Conclusion: the weather isn't any weirder than it usually is at the end of an El Nino, so the claims of weird weather are wrong.
Brown dwarfs are not at all the way Planet X people describe.

A brown dwarf is an object that is something bigger than a planet, but smaller than a star. An object with more than about 0.077 times the Sun's mass (about 80 times Jupiter's mass) will ignite nuclear fusion in the core, making it a full-blown star. The lower mass limit is somewhat less clear, but we can safely say that Jupiter is below it. Even if we call Jupiter a brown dwarf, it is still far larger than what Nancy Lieder and Mark Hazlewood say is the mass and diameter of Planet X. Nancy says it's 4 times the radius of Earth (Jupiter is 11 times Earth's radius) and about 20 times as massive (Jupiter is 310 times as massive as the Earth). Hazlewood's claims are similar. Neither of them describe anything even close to a brown dwarf.Also, even an old, dim brown dwarf puts out light. A typical dim brown dwarf would still be a very bright object if it were anywhere near the inner solar system, or even located way out beyond Pluto. I even show my math! Remember too that a brown dwarf will still reflect sunlight (like Jupiter and the other planets do), making it even brighter. So if Planet X were a brown dwarf, it would have been obvious in the sky years ago.
Using the term to describe Planet X is simply wrong. I suspect they might use the term to sound more scientific, but again, as always, they wind up making themselves look foolish.Conclusion: Nancy Lieder and Mark Hazlewood do not understand brown dwarfs at all, and saying Planet X is a brown dwarf is actually further evidence that they don't know what they are talking about, and that Planet X doesn't exist.
Observatories are not being closed suspiciously.

Many of the PXPs (notably Mr. Hazlewood) have been claiming that observatories around the world are being closed "suspiciously" (ever noticed how nothing can just happen in a conspiracy theory?). They claim to have a long list of them, though I have yet to see them actually post such a list. They do mention such observatories as Griffith in Los Angeles (external - login to view). Why are they closing? Because, claim the PXPs, they don't want the public to see Planet X through these observatories. If the public demands to see this planet through the powerful telescopes, then the jig, as they say, is up. So the government is closing them down.But this makes no sense whatsoever. First, as I have shown, Planet X, if it existed, would be a pretty bright object. If we believe Nancy Lieder, then it should be so bright it would be visible even if you wear sunglasses. Mark Hazlewood claims it's still far away, but even if it were years away, it would be easily spotted in a telescope of very modest size; certainly in the range of thousands of amateur instruments. So closing public observatories makes no sense.
Moreover, the only way to keep this quiet would be to close all telescopes with public access. Every single one. Yet there are hundreds of observatories still open. I recently used some 'scopes at the Buehler Observatory in Fort Lauderdale (external - login to view), for example, when it was open for public night. Chabot Space and Science Center (external - login to view) in Oakland, California, has several telescopes the public can use. The list goes on for hundreds of observatories that are not only open, but actively showing the skies to the public.
I expect PXPs will then claim that the observatories remaining open simply won't show Planet X to the public. Then why close any at all? Again, it makes no sense. Either all observatories get closed, or none does. They might claim that only observatories with big enough 'scopes were shut down, but that's not true. Plenty of observatories with pretty big 'scopes remain open.
Conclusion: Observatories are indeed closing, but only for renovation. Plenty of observatories with public access and large telescopes remain open. Therefore there is no government conspiracy to close telescopes down to prevent people from seeing Planet X. The pictures that have been posted are either outright fakes or being misinterpreted.

Planet X? Nope, an admitted hoax (external - login to view)!Nancy Lieder has several pictures on her website which claim to be of Planet X. She is wrong. Many of her pictures are clear fakes, like this one (external - login to view), which is so easy to reproduce in photo-manipulation software like Photoshop that people have actually gone out and done it. In fact, the person who made the fake linked above has admitted it, and has even shown how he did it (external - login to view)!Some are such simple misinterpretations that it's hard to believe people don't understand what they are seeing. There are several examples of what have been called "second suns", which supposedly show Planet X as a reddish disk near the Sun. Here's a good one from Ms. Lieder's site (external - login to view). But it's clearly an internal reflection; the sunlight bouncing off the lenses inside the camera. The giveaway is how it moves from picture to picture as the camera itself is moved and rotated. A regular contributor to the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board who goes by the name "Deepspacegirl" has a website which shows a similar picture taken in 2002! (external - login to view) Obviously, it's not Planet X.
Some of Ms. Lieder's acolytes have gone out and taken digital images of the night sky through telescopes, and claimed to have found Planet X (external - login to view). They are wrong. Digital images are not as simply processed as a roll of film, and in fact takes weeks of training to understand the details. I studied digital cameras for years working on Hubble data, and have a pretty good insight into this. The basic problem with Ms. Lieder's images is in how the calibration data were processed. Unlike a point-and-shoot camera, an astronomical detector needs lots of pictures taken under controlled circumstances so that you can understand what is real in the image and what isn't. I bet you can see where this is going.
When charged particles hit an electronic detector, they leave a bright spot in the image. These kinds of particles are produced by the Sun, and can hit the detector in the camera. They are also produced by naturally radioactive elements, many of which can be found as impurities in the metal of the camera assembly. They are a nuisance, so you have to understand how to take care of them.
Badly processed image, showing lots of cosmic ray hitsCorrectly processed image. Voila, "Planet X" is gone.From IMOpenminded's website (external - login to view)
Shockingly, Ms. Lieder doesn't understand how to do this, nor do her acolytes. They consistently and persistently leave in these hot spots, and then claim they are Planet X. Seriously! They are not a gigantic planet about to kill us all, but instead are y little protons who have had the unfortunate fate of slamming into the electronic chip on the back end of a telescope. Correctly processing the images would make those spots disappear, as has been shown by others (external - login to view). This would be somewhat more difficult with a whole planet.
By the way, Ms. Lieder has claimed on numerous occasions that Planet X would be naked-eye visible months before its passage, yet she also claims it appears as a faint dot in the images she herself supplies. Which is it? She says lots of contradictory things, which is yet another good reason to disbelieve what she is saying (another example, not to be indelicate, is that she said (through her channeled aliens) that the then-missing Washington intern Chandra Levy was alive and well and living in Mexico. Ms. Levy's remains were found shortly thereafter in Washington, DC).
Remember, we are dealing with people with zero experience in astronomy, let alone astronomical imaging. They are easily fooled; don't forget that Mr. Hazlewood mistook a Hubble image of Jupter's moon Io for an image of Planet X (external - login to view)! So you might want to think twice before believing what they say. They don't want you to think twice; from the evidence I have seen, they don't want you to think at all.
Conclusion: fake pictures and real ones that are misinterpreted do not support the existence of Planet X.

I am not a government disinformation agent.

Just about every purveyor of Planet X has said at some time that I am a liar, or deluded, or a paid NASA or NSA or CIA disinformation agent. James McCanney told a bare-faced lie on the radio, saying I have a "mansion" and a "luxurious office" (it's a lie because he doesn't know what kind of home or office I have, therefore he knows he cannot make any conclusions about them, and therefore he lied). I laughed out loud when I first heard him say this; I was sitting in my "luxurious" 10x12 foot office that I shared with a coworker. It was so cramped we couldn't both push our chairs back at the same time.The assertion that I am some kind of spook is silly. Think about it: I am a professional astronomer, with a traceable history of doing relatively good science (I have a dozen or so journal articles with my name on them). How much money do you think I could make if I started a cult about Planet X? I could make as much money just as easily by writing a book and getting on talk shows. I could name my price to Fox TV. So there is no monetary incentive for me to debunk Planet X, unless I truly believe it isn't real. If you think the government would give me more money than Fox TV, then you are beyond any logic I can provide you.
Ironically, and in fact, all the Planet X purveyors are known liars, or at least deceptive. Since they have no evidence I am a disinformation agent, and yet they still call me that, they are knowingly lying. They may believe it's true, but they have no evidence of it, and so cannot honestly state that claim as truth.
Hazlewood has claimed on many occasions that I spend time fighting him because he is "on to something". That's a silly statement. Imagine yelling a racial slur at someone on the street. Don't you think they would get angry, and perhaps even argue about it? Wouldn't you, if someone attacked something you loved for no reason and without any merit to their arguments?
The claims that I am deluded are just as silly. I actually have evidence that what I say is correct, and also show exactly where Lieder and the others are wrong. All they can do against me is cry about a government conspiracy with no evidence whatsoever. So do you agree with someone with lots of evidence, or someone with none whatsoever, just hearsay, deception, and/or outright lies?
Conclusion: There is no evidence that I am anything but who I say I am: a professional astronomer who loves astronomy, and doesn't like hearing the Planet X purveyors misleading others about it. Slurs (and let's face it, slander) against me do not support the existence of Planet X.
The Grand Conclusion

Planet X doesn't exist, and we are in no danger from a giant planet, rogue or otherwise. Lieder, Hazlewood and the rest of that group are wrong. They may be consciously lying, or have a tenuous grasp on reality, but in the end it doesn't matter: they are still wrong. (external - login to view)
Japanese scientists eye mysterious 'Planet X'

Kyoko Hasegawa , AFP

Published: Thursday, February 28, 2008
Scientists at a Japanese university said Thursday they believed another planet up to two-thirds the size of the Earth was orbiting in the far reaches of the solar system.
The researchers at Kobe University in western Japan said calculations using computer simulations led them to conclude it was only a matter of time before the mysterious "Planet X" was found.
"Because of the very cold temperature, its surface would be covered with ice, icy ammonia and methane," Kobe University professor Tadashi Mukai, the lead researcher, told AFP.
View Larger Image This illustration released by Kobe University shows a planet -- half the size of Earth -- which is believed to be in the outer reaches of the solar system. The researchers at Kobe University have said that their theoretical calculations using computer simulations lead them to conclude it was only a matter of time before the long-awaited "Planet X" was found.

The study by Mukai and researcher Patryk Lykawka will be published in the April issue of the US-based Astronomical Journal.
"The possibility is high that a yet unknown, planet-class celestial body, measuring 30 percent to 70 percent of the Earth's mass, exists in the outer edges of the solar system," said a summary of the research released by Kobe University.
"If research is conducted on a wide scale, the planet is likely to be discovered in less than 10 years," it said.
Planet X -- so called by scientists as it is yet unfound -- would have an oblong elliptical solar orbit and circle the sun every thousand years, the team said, estimating its radius was 15 to 26 billion kilometres.
The study comes two years after school textbooks had to be rewritten when Pluto was booted out of the list of planets.
Pluto was discovered by the American astronomer Clyde Tombaugh in 1930 in the so-called Kuiper belt, a chain of icy debris in the outer reaches of the solar system.
In 2006, nearly a decade after Tombaugh's death, the International Astronomical Union ruled the celestial body was merely a dwarf planet in the cluttered Kuiper belt.
The astronomers said Pluto's oblong orbit overlapped with that of Neptune, excluding it from being a planet. It defined the solar system as consisting solely of the classical set of Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
The team noted that more than 1,100 celestial bodies have been found in the outer reaches of the solar system since the mid-1990s.
"But it would be the first time to discover a celestial body of this size, which is much larger than Pluto," Mukai said.
The researchers set up a theoretical model looking at how the remote area of the solar system would have evolved over the past four billion years.
"In coming up with an explanation for the celestial bodies, we thought it would be most natural to assume the existence of a yet unknown planet," Mukai said.
"Based on our hypothesis, we calculated how debris moved over the past four billion years. The result matched the actual movement of the celestial bodies we can observe now," he said.
He was hopeful about research by Kobe University, the University of Hawaii and Taiwan's National Central University.
"We are expecting that the ongoing joint celestial observation project will eventually discover Planet X," Mukai said.

Similar Threads

Planet Earth (Planet Erde)
by Andem | May 16th, 2008
The New Planet Just Like Ours
by CBC News | Apr 28th, 2007
What Planet Are You From
by Said1 | Jun 30th, 2005
The future of our planet...
by Isengard | Aug 6th, 2004
no new posts