Media Prostitutes!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The talk show radio stations in BC are bias with their political views, they are a bunch of prostitute hypocrite's. Lately they have employed some ***** opinionated bias idiots that try real hard to make Harper look like he is OK when in fact they have no right to influence the masses with their ****ed up opinion.

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
You know about this, right?

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=20080325_203812_3968

The Conservatives have created a tool to help call-in show fans lash the opposition...

—a section of the Conservative party’s website called myCampaign. There, supporters are encouraged to call radio shows

“Tired of hearing the vested interests of the Liberals and the special interests of the NDP get their messages out via the media?” the website asks. “Call in to a show yourself and fight back with the facts!” After selecting your issue of choice (from health care to Arctic sovereignty) and entering your postal code, you are presented with a list of local call-in shows as well as a series of bullet points on the Conservative and opposition records—the former presented as grandly as the latter is disparaged."

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Soc; If you want to hear some pro-con political bias, check out CFRA in Ottawa, if you can pull it in from where you are. Especially the Lowell Green show (loosely used term) from 9AM to noon EDT.

VE vonder who ist der minister in chargge off propaganda!!

:cool:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
“Tired of hearing the vested interests of the Liberals and the special interests of the NDP get their messages out via the media?” the website asks. “Call in to a show yourself and fight back with the facts!”

Sounds more like they're promoting free speech then anything else.

I can see how this would be bothersome to the leftards.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Giving people points of argument isn't telling them what to say. It's providing specific details to counter the leftard propaganda machine, with the material from the rightard propaganda machine.

And if you think one side is more guilty of this shyte then the other, you really need to rethink the whole process.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The talk show radio stations in BC are bias with their political views, they are a bunch of prostitute hypocrite's. Lately they have employed some ***** opinionated bias idiots that try real hard to make Harper look like he is OK when in fact they have no right to influence the masses with their ****ed up opinion.

Wow, have you been living in a cave your whole life? Since when has the media not been biased?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Bear

Don't think about elephants.

Now you argue that providing specific details doesn't effect thinking....

When I told you not to think about elephants didn't you immediately imagine or "think" of an elephant?

Same goes for unicorns by the way.....

Manipulating the cognitive process is relatively easy.... and calling someone a "leftard" says more about the person using the term than the individual they may be attempting to describe.

Now where does that old saying come from..."Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

Oh Yeah a child's playground.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bear

Don't think about elephants.

Now you argue that providing specific details doesn't effect thinking....

When I told you not to think about elephants didn't you immediately imagine or "think" of an elephant?

Same goes for unicorns by the way.....

Manipulating the cognitive process is relatively easy.... and calling someone a "leftard" says more about the person using the term than the individual they may be attempting to describe.

Now where does that old saying come from..."Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

Oh Yeah a child's playground.
But when I say "Big business is corrupt" you would say...

Yep!

So did I change your mind? No, I said something we see as fact. So when a Conservative voter follows the links and finds fighting points and Liberal lies to use against them, it is using truth as they see it. Not propagating falsehoods and changing perceptions. The perceptions and misconceptions are already there. Just as theyr are steadfast and self exposing in the poster of the OP.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:salute:There ya have it, Bear!

Quote:"But when I say "Big business is corrupt" you would say...

Yep!

So did I change your mind? No, I said something we see as fact. So when a Conservative voter follows the links and finds fighting points and Liberal lies to use against them, it is using truth as they see it."""
Yepper. Each side has their own line they use. We just have to support that line which is close to whatever moral or societal beliefs we have. Sometimes it becomes a question of supporting Tweedledee or Tweedledum.........just different sides of the same cowpie.....:lol:

MY LINE is #8 WFF, and I'm usin it as soon as this gawdam snow goes away.

Good one, Bear.

:read2:

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I agree with Nugg and the acknowledgement that simply "saying" something doesn't change minds....but.... We appeal to the "loyalty" of diehard Conservatives and diehard Liberals to reinforce the notions of "difference" that as Nugg points out...are really mythical. If we keep saying "There's no place like home....There's no place like home....." do we really end up in Kansas or are we cementing our learned and influenced perceptions (as in the case of any "difference" existing betwen Liberals and Conservatives) to our worldview and perspectives?

The rule of democracy is that if you get sufficient numbers (let's pretend it's something called a "majority" of people saying the same thing....that can't help but influence people...

The Big Lie of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq when pounded relentlessly into the perceptions of people through media fulfilling its "responsibility" to big money and big government (licensing is the butter that fries that turkey) convinced the great unwashed that there was good reason to sponsor support and champion a war against the Iraqi people....

When the Liberals stold millions, it was the popularity of the "truth" of this event as hammered into the great unwashed that resulted in throwing that set of con-men out of office to let the new cabal of con-men their shot at the brass ring.

Nugg and yourself (Bear) and many other nice folk participating here at CC aren't non-thinking apathetic boors, but the influence of suggestion and the effort by media to sway opinion and re-structure preceptions is a concerted effort that's been around since the "Cola-Wars" and long before. Governments and corporations know and are willing to spend billions to influence perceptions. That is a fact of life and to imagine that supplying particualar specific events or issues doesn't have a shaping effect on perceptions is well....naive.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
You know about this, right?

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=20080325_203812_3968

The Conservatives have created a tool to help call-in show fans lash the opposition...

—a section of the Conservative party’s website called myCampaign. There, supporters are encouraged to call radio shows

“Tired of hearing the vested interests of the Liberals and the special interests of the NDP get their messages out via the media?” the website asks. “Call in to a show yourself and fight back with the facts!” After selecting your issue of choice (from health care to Arctic sovereignty) and entering your postal code, you are presented with a list of local call-in shows as well as a series of bullet points on the Conservative and opposition records—the former presented as grandly as the latter is disparaged."

hermite, you are on the money. This is why we must not let these Gestapo ****ers govern with a majority ever again. They are corrupt, they are bent, they are out to poison the political landscape of these country. This is why Canada is about to experience a rude awakening with regards to terrorism and the conservatives will pay dearly for polluting Canadian voter opinion. The recent 8 British muslams on trial as we speak, it speaks volumes on to what Canada is about to experience.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Wow, have you been living in a cave your whole life? Since when has the media not been biased?

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?c...25_203812_3968

“Tired of hearing the vested interests of the Liberals and the special interests of the NDP get their messages out via the media?” the website asks. “Call in to a show yourself and fight back with the facts!” After selecting your issue of choice (from health care to Arctic sovereignty) and entering your postal code, you are presented with a list of local call-in shows as well as a series of bullet points on the Conservative and opposition records—the former presented as grandly as the latter is disparaged." __________________
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Cheep!