Man gets 25 years for microwaving daughter

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
WORLD / Odd News

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](Agencies)
Updated: 2008-03-27 11:34[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] A US young father who severely burnt his infant daughter after putting her in a microwave was sentenced to 25 years in prison, a jury announced on Wednesday.
Related readings:
Man convicted of microwaving baby
US mother confessed to killing baby in microwave

The jury had convicted Joshua Mauldin of felony injury to a child, rejecting his claims that he was insane when he put his daughter Ana in the microwave last year. Prosecutors said Mauldin hurt his daughter because he was angry that he was in a loveless marriage. They also said Mauldin had a history of violence and of lying about being mentally ill to get out of trouble.
Mauldin claimed he started hallucinating when he was left alone in a Galveston hotel room with his daughter, feeling like mud was running up his body and consuming him.
Ana suffered second- and third-degree burns to her left ear, cheek, hand and shoulder and required two skin grafts. Part of her left ear had to be amputated.
[/FONT]

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Sounds like someone needs to build a man sized microwave.

Put him in it, and set the power setting to "Thermonuclear",

And the timer should be set at whatever it takes to make a diamond out of a lump of coal.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sounds like someone needs to build a man sized microwave.

Put him in it, and set the power setting to "Thermonuclear",

And the timer should be set at whatever it takes to make a diamond out of a lump of coal.

Seriously? Man, you're way nicer than me. I'd set it on defrost. It takes AGES for anything to cook that way.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Yeah but now....

Suppose he's mentally defficient....or strung out on drugs or booze....is he really really really responsible if he's gone off his meds or is strung out on dope...?

Who needs these people! And why should the people of Canada spend the money it will take to take-care-of this guy for twenty-five years?

It was a big mistake taking capital punishment off the menu.

(I'm hoping you can discern sarcasm without quotation marks..." :)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yeah but now....

Suppose he's mentally defficient....or strung out on drugs or booze....is he really really really responsible if he's gone off his meds or is strung out on dope...?

Who needs these people! And why should the people of Canada spend the money it will take to take-care-of this guy for twenty-five years?

It was a big mistake taking capital punishment off the menu.

(I'm hoping you can discern sarcasm without quotation marks..." :)

Mikey, I have never seen you reply merely by quoting someone else. That comment was definitely not directed at you. lol.

And you know what, if he ever becomes Canada's problem, I will holler and ask why we should have to pay for his keep. But for now, I'll let the Americans sort out the mess themselves. :lol:

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I don't care why he did it or what his state of mind was. Someone like that needs to be locked up forever if only to prevent him from fathering any more victims.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Tracy

How would you feel about castation?.....as a pre-emptive concept of course..:)

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Tracy

How would you feel about castation?.....as a pre-emptive concept of course..:)

Locking them up is enough for me. This is one topic I can't be too flippant about. I used to float to our hospital's pediatric intensive care unit and I've seen too many abused kids. I could never work in that area long term. The saddest thing to me is that those people seem to have child after child to abuse. I say lock them up forever. Castration isn't enough. Then they just abuse their girlfriends' children... I swear, I have never been angrier than when listening to a woman defend her boyfriend after he beat her daughter badly enough to almost cause her death. The mom should be in jail too as far as I'm concerned.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Locking them up is enough for me. This is one topic I can't be too flippant about. I used to float to our hospital's pediatric intensive care unit and I've seen too many abused kids. I could never work in that area long term. The saddest thing to me is that those people seem to have child after child to abuse. I say lock them up forever. Castration isn't enough. Then they just abuse their girlfriends' children... I swear, I have never been angrier than when listening to a woman defend her boyfriend after he beat her daughter badly enough to almost cause her death. The mom should be in jail too as far as I'm concerned.

I can't even fathom what goes through the heads of women like that. When my hubby gets mad at the kids, I can't handle him even grabbing them by the arm. While I try very hard not to undermine him in front of them, I'm there instantly glaring him down while at the same time telling whichever kid it is to get to their room. It's the way I'm wired. Angry men are a big problem for me.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
There is no punishment too severe for anyone, man or women, who abuse children. If they are mentally ill lock them up, if they were drunk or on drugs they are responsible for their acts and should go to jail for the rest of their lives with physical punishment also for the rest of their lives.

I worked in a pediatric ward and intensive care, the cases I saw would haunt the strongest person. The things that adults do to children and babies is unbelievable.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I haven't had to see those sorts of things first hand. But I've seen the looks. Bringing my daughter in for nurse maid's elbow (she threw herself over backwards at about 15 months old, having a tantrum, and I caught her by the wrist before she bashed her head), the docs and nurses all gave me that look. That cold, measured assessment. That slightly haunted 'here we go with another one' look that seemed to try to predict if I was lying and would be back in with worse.

I don't envy them that kind of job.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Ah yes, I kinda forgot about this. I remember hearing about it all when they arrested this knob. Good to hear they didn't bend to the mental illness BS and gave him 25 years.

25 long years of getting beaten and raped in jail.... like running through a cornfield backwards and naked.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Maybe the United States could take a page out of our Canadian way of doing things...

"Henceforth and forthwith licensing and registering of microwave devices will be required." "The Canadian government will enact legislation to bring measures against anyone caught using a microwave for an illegal act."

Undoubtedly this will be as effective as telling Mohawk Warriors, Hell's Angels and the Mafia that collecting drugs and hand grenades is hardly in the "best interests" of Canadian and is therefore frowned upon....

What a laugh this country is....

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
WORLD / Odd News

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](Agencies)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Updated: 2008-03-27 11:34[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A US young father who severely burnt his infant daughter after putting her in a microwave was sentenced to 25 years in prison, a jury announced on Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Related readings:
Man convicted of microwaving baby

US mother confessed to killing baby in microwave

The jury had convicted Joshua Mauldin of felony injury to a child, rejecting his claims that he was insane when he put his daughter Ana in the microwave last year. Prosecutors said Mauldin hurt his daughter because he was angry that he was in a loveless marriage. They also said Mauldin had a history of violence and of lying about being mentally ill to get out of trouble.
Mauldin claimed he started hallucinating when he was left alone in a Galveston hotel room with his daughter, feeling like mud was running up his body and consuming him.
Ana suffered second- and third-degree burns to her left ear, cheek, hand and shoulder and required two skin grafts. Part of her left ear had to be amputated.
[/FONT]

He had to have been hallucinating since he couldn't do a simple thing like microwave something.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Don't put him in jail; just cut his balls off.

Why not both? I mean, just cutting his
off and letting him back on the street doesn't sound like that'd be the best option for prevention. Then of course he'd have a hate-on for society and possibly take his frustrations out on someone else, cuz he lost his two flavored Nerds pack.

An example of this would be those molestors who get chemically casturated..... it doesn't actually work on the mental side of things, only physical and usually they are proned to act again.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
An example of this would be those molestors who get chemically casturated..... it doesn't actually work on the mental side of things, only physical and usually they are proned to act again.

Also, even though they are castrated and cannot use their penises they tend to substitute that by using other objects to fulfill their fantasies. The safest thing for everyone involved would be to just throw the scum into a small jail cell and throw away the key.

I am glad the monster in the original post got 25 years. Not long enough for me, but it is better than him getting off because of "insanity".:-(