Hell's Angels plot to kill Rolling Stones singer

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hells Angels planned to kill Mick Jagger: report

Associated Press
March 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM EST

LONDON — A new British Broadcasting Corp. documentary claims Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger escaped an assassination plot hatched in 1969 by the Hells Angels.
A program to be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on Monday says the rock star was the target of the plot following a purported dispute with the motorcycle gang over concert security.
Jagger had vowed not to use Hells Angel members as bouncers following the death in December 1969 of an 18-year-old fan at a notorious free performance at Altamont Speedway in Northern California.
In return, the BBC claimed that gang members hatched a plan to kill Jagger at his holiday home in Long Island, New York.
Tom Mangold, the presenter of the program, was quoted as telling Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper that The Hells Angels were so angered by Jagger's treatment of them that they decided to kill him.
He said the men tried to reach Jagger by sea but their boat was hit by a storm and they were thrown overboard and while they all survived, they made no other attempt on his life.
Mangold said the plan was disclosed during an interview with Mark Young, a former FBI officer, for the BBC's “The FBI at 100” documentary.
It was not clear whether Jagger was ever informed of the alleged plot against him.
LD Communications, Jagger's publicists in Britain, did not immediately return calls requesting comment.
The Hells Angels have always denied any connection with the Altamont Speedway killing.
The Hell's Angels are a criminal organization just like the Mafia.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That must have been a hell of a long time ago Wolf. There is some record of a few paratroopers in the early organization but I couldn't find anything about fighter pilots. The Hell's Angels are a wealthy organization with a global drug network.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
That must have been a hell of a long time ago Wolf. There is some record of a few paratroopers in the early organization but I couldn't find anything about fighter pilots. The Hell's Angels are a wealthy organization with a global drug network.

End of WW2 restlessness - and I'd suspect before it went beyond hooliganism. HA have their fingers in a lot of pies - drugs and prostitution being the real money makers. They do like to maintain an illusion, but potty is still a potty.

Woof!

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
End of WW2 restlessness - and I'd suspect before it went beyond hooliganism. HA have their fingers in a lot of pies - drugs and prostitution being the real money makers. They do like to maintain an illusion, but potty is still a potty.

Woof!

What makes me sick is the phoney toy runs where these creeps try to foster some kind of a good guy image by making a big show out of a few cheap stuffed animals.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What makes me sick is the phoney toy runs where these creeps try to foster some kind of a good guy image by making a big show out of a few cheap stuffed animals.

It's a matter of watching the right hand while the left pulls all the tricks. "Look! A toy run!", while another group beats to death a prostitute who dared walk away from them in search of a better life.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The REAL rides have no affiliation. Colours are prohibited and anyone displaying them is asked to leave. Harley Owners Group and Christian Bikers count a lot of cops and service personnel among their ranks. In that, the Ride for Sight and Teddy Bear Run - even Papa Joe's Poker Run (a local food bank thing) work hard to fight against an image certain buttholes reinforce.

Woof!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is bit of poetic justice. Most of the tough, kick-ass members from the sixties are now in their sixties at least and they have to prop their enormous beer bellies on the gas tank in order to be able to ride their bikes. They look pretty stupid.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The Christian Bikers all met down where I used to live outside of FSJ. It was weird to hear them all pulling into the valley. The noise would start when they crested the valley, and last for at least a half hour until all of them had gotten down and to their meeting. Great group of people. It's a shame indeed wolf that they end up lumped in with the others.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I like the Stones up to the time they made that damn disco LP. Richards and Jagger are both older than me, and i'm retired..they should be too.:smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I like the Stones up to the time they made that damn disco LP. Richards and Jagger are both older than me, and i'm retired..they should be too.:smile:

I agree. Any guy aged sixty five who falls out of a tree that he climbed intentionally should be put in a "home" for his own protection.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I know that police like to blame every major criminal activity on the HA, but could they be ignoring the syndicate behind the scene that controls the bikers? I feel there is a mafia type group using the HA as front men and it is too powerful for the cops to touch.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I know that police like to blame every major criminal activity on the HA, but could they be ignoring the syndicate behind the scene that controls the bikers? I feel there is a mafia type group using the HA as front men and it is too powerful for the cops to touch.

Those are still 'Hell's Angels'. Lawyers, bankers, and the like. They may not wear the colors on a regular basis and ride the Harleys, but they're Hell's Angels regardless.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Be'cha didn't know the original Hell's Angels were supposed to be ex-fighter pilots....

Woof!

I've heards the same story. The first members were veteran fighter pilots from WW II that didn't want to readapt to "normal" society after the adreneline high of sustained combat so they started their own. It's where the whole "civilian" thing that Hell's Angels members use for anyone not part of the organization.