He took the PLUNGE!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I love brave men! Foolish ones, too!!:smile:

Yes, he literally took the plunge... not into marriage, but into the icy water at the North Pole!!! Brrrrr... I get goose pimples just imagining the scene!
It’s 2:36 p.m., the air temperature is 32 degrees Fahrenheit, but the water temperature is 29 degrees.

Anywhere else, the water would be ice at 29 degrees, but here, the salt water is not frozen, but soon I will be.
The challenge by the crew to take the polar plunge is at its core silly, but alas, why not be foolish just for a moment.
And that’s what it turns out to be: a moment.
I surprise myself and am able to actually get in a stroke or two before heading right back to the ladder and climbing out. A Russian crew member meets me with a shot of vodka. I don’t taste it, and it doesn’t warm me up.

VIDEO: Kerry Sanders takes the 'polar plunge' My body tingles and every inch of skin feels as if it were pulled tight.
As I walk away, my feet hurt, perhaps because my blood has stopped flowing all the way to my toes.
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/11/08/454491.aspx

Who would like to go next???

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Did something similar in North Bay about 10 years ago for a charity.

Haven't done it since, still waiting for my nuts to drop.:cool:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I love brave men! Foolish ones, too!!:smile:

Yes, he literally took the plunge... not into marriage, but into the icy water at the North Pole!!! Brrrrr... I get goose pimples just imagining the scene! http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/11/08/454491.aspx

Who would like to go next???
Not in the least!!!

My youngest does the Polar Bear dip every winter at our Towns Winter Fair to raise money for charity.

The longer you stay in the more money you earn for the charity.

He's pretty crazy as is Kerry Sanders.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Did something similar in North Bay about 10 years ago for a charity.

Haven't done it since, still waiting for my nuts to drop.:cool:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
You must be one of Beaver's brothers, eh?

I have to revise my statement:
I love brave men! Foolish ones, too! But I really love men with humor!!

Help me... I can't stop laughing!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Not in the least!!!

My youngest does the Polar Bear dip every winter at our Towns Winter Fair to raise money for charity.

The longer you stay in the more money you earn for the charity.

He's pretty crazy as is Kerry Sanders.
Does Daddy fire him on???;-)