The 3 Little Words I Hate

missile
Wind chill factor

karrie
-2 with a wind chill factor of -30..... man do days like that piss me off.

missile
-13 here at 11:45AM with 7KMNWwinds and going way up to a high of -10.

karrie
We're pretty warm here today at around -9 with no wind (despite the weather link on CC saying we have 7MPH wind, lol). I definitely can't complain today.

Crashed
Why don't they just come out and tell it like it is? Forget this "feels like" ****e.
I absolutely despise winter.

dancing-loon
I'm sick of it by now, too! Canadian winters are too long!!

Unforgiven
I hate the Humidex too.

Tonington
Currently, -23C in Truro, winds calm. The three day forecast has it warming, up to 9C on Tuesday. Hope that forecast comes true!

Walter
Keep driving your SUV's and it will all go away; just ask Gore and Skuzuki.
Last edited by Walter; Jan 27th, 2008 at 08:30 AM..

Toro
In Saskatchewan, the wind chill gets so cold, your skin begins to freeze the moment you start thinking about going outside.

Crashed
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Currently, -23C in Truro, winds calm. The three day forecast has it warming, up to 9C on Tuesday. Hope that forecast comes true!

Truro? A fellow Nova Scotian. I'm in Bedford.

Tonington
Yarmouth is my home town. I'm here for school.

Nice avatar

Zan
-20 in Edmonton today, -33 with the wind chill factor....
The rest of the week is expected to hover around -27.

L Gilbert
lol I am in balmy southern BC. It is about -4. But it was down to about -15 there for a while.
Although I can't handle cold like I used to, I prefer cold over heat simply because I can dress for it. Can't strip down far enough to get comfortable in heat. During the -15 temps, I wore thermal underwear, a flannel shirt and jeans, wool socks, my Bugabootoo boots, and a sledsuit when I went outside. I was plenty warm even when motionless. It's funny though, people that live along the banks of a river complain when it floods. People living in Kansas complain about tornados. Wifey and I moved to here and we love it. Our kids moved to where they like it.

goganga
+ 18 here today.....
It doesn't seem winter here...

L Gilbert
lol You in Vic, Goganga? Been growing flowers there for a couple weeks I here. hehehe

Lester
Edmonton -25C WCF -40C, blowing drifting snow ALL ******* WEEK

missile
Another sneak snow storm is hitting us now 15 to 20 cms with perhaps a touch of ice pellets added for flavour. just another wonderful day in the maritimes.

karrie
Current Conditions:
-30.6C
Light Snow

Humidity:
61%

WInd Speed:
NNW 17 MPH

Barometer:
1010 mb

Dew Point:
-36C

Heat Index:
-31C

Wind Chill:
-46C

I'm miserable here today... this is ridiculous, and we can't keep the sidewalks clear for the blowing snow. BBBbbbbbrrrrrrr.

karrie
Lucky bugger. Here it's brutal. Cuts right through your clothes. I was shocked the buses were running frankly. Bbrrrr.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Lucky bugger. Here it's brutal. Cuts right through your clothes. I was shocked the buses were running frankly. Bbrrrr.

I'll bet they are running up the heating bills at the bus garage.

karrie
No kidding.

They had a discussion segment on a local radio station today.... 'worst cold weather jobs'. Bus driver popped into my head first. Until a commercial diver phoned in on his way to retrieve a bulldozer that had fallen through the ice.....

davegrover
urgh, yes. These dreaded Canadian winters.