krispy kreme challenge

Hazmart
Has anyone else heard of this challenge? It just cracks me up, I think this is something that I would do in the future!

krispykremechallenge.com/ (external - login to view)

missile
Are there any outlets here? I thought they tried to start a national franchising scheme but it flopped. We love our Timmy's too much

karrie
I'm proud to say I've never had a Krispy Kreme in my life. I don't think they could beat farmer's market and auction doughnuts anyway, let alone mom's Christmas time glazed potatoe doughnuts... Yum.

missile
Mrs. Dunster's Honey Glaze are to die for. I buy them for a special treat[if I have been very good. In other words,very seldom!]

Hazmart
We could start a Canadian Timmies Challange. It would just crack me up to see all these runners vomiting donuts all over the street!

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I'm proud to say I've never had a Krispy Kreme in my life. .

Try to imagine the sweetest creme-filled doughnut covered with a quarter inch of icing that is so sickening sweet it gives you a headache. An absolute OD on sugar. That is my impression of Crispy Creme. I don't want another. Pretty well all of them in Canada have closed down now.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I'm proud to say I've never had a Krispy Kreme in my life. I don't think they could beat farmer's market and auction doughnuts anyway, let alone mom's Christmas time glazed potatoe doughnuts... Yum.

Thank God yer not oneathem flag-waven KK nuts.

eh1eh
I notice the run starts at the belltower. You don't have to outrun a sniper do you?

Brat
Nah, not a sniper, just an angry postal worker.

karrie
You know Brat, every time you make a joke like that, another postal worker loses his sanity.

Tonington
Oohhh, that would be painful. 4 miles in an hour is nothing, but with 12 donuts:
  • 2400 calories
  • 1200 fat calories
  • 144g of fat
  • 36g of saturated fat
  • 60mg of Cholesterol
  • 1140mg of sodium
  • 120g of sugar
  • 24g of protein
that would suck. I'd ask for caffeine to lessen the inevitable pain, but that might only complicate things with all the other stuff going in.

I'd say having an EMT would be a good idea, hope they get one :S