Happy Holidays - Gift ideas anyone?

senorita

Nominee Member
Oct 29, 2007
Ontario
Happy Holidays and hope you all have a great Christmas...

I know its early, but who cares :smile:.

I don't actually celebrate Christmas , but I do celebrate Eid...which is going to be on the 21st...quite close to Christmas. Basically, its the same idea, minus Santa.

I was wondering if you guys are open to sharing your gift ideas. I always struggle on what to get for the family and friends. And of course I leave it until the last minute !

Plus I want to get something for the staff at work...any tips? There are some co-workers who I work very close too..so I will of course get them individual gifts and cards...but what about the rest?

And whats everyone doing for Christmas or the holidays? What are your family traditions...what do you cook..what do you do. We should post holiday pics too. I love Christmas lights. Does anyone go for winter drives just to admire the beautiful decorations and lights ? I do. I must be weird.

Last edited:

senorita

Nominee Member
Oct 29, 2007
Ontario
^
No offence wolf but I bet that's something I should get. I am great at baking, but getting me to cook is a bad idea, I get distracted (I find it way too boring unless somebody is there with me) and forget all about it. :lol:

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We will have family up to visit, hopefully. We'll eat way too much and all put on another 5 lbs. My 6-year old still believes in Santa Clause. Probably the last year she does. She's getting a Barbie computer.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'd share my gift ideas if I wasn't worried hubby was reading this. lol.

As for what we normally do, we have a few treats we normally make... I love making candies. But this year we're trying to lighten up on how food oriented the holidays get. So, I'm making my dad his cashew macadamia nut brittle, possibly some sesame toffee for the neighbors, and some mocha fudge for a good friend. Bailey's fudge will be whipped up on Christmas eve. This year we're traveling to spend Christmas eve at my sister's house in Saskatchewan, and I'm so excited. We've really never traveled for Christmas before because hubby's job never really allowed it. But this year we're doing almost two weeks in Sask, visiting my sister for Christmas and good friends of ours for New Years. I'm sure I'll be 20 lbs heavier when I return. lol.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Those Prairie people will feed you like no one else can. Sounds like fun!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
We've got my son and his GF coming so it's a feast of turkey dinner and pie with all sorts of nibbles during the day. There are two gifts I'm kind of proud of scoring as they are pretty awesome and totally unexpected. Plus they never even know to look at this place so I'm safe.

One is a knife set for carving intricate work for my wife. They are pro quality tools and I've got a couple of stones for honing that I'm adding to the lot. And the other is a leather spiked gauntlet for my daughter. Yeah she's into that sort of stuff and I figure there are bigger battles for her and I to fight than what she wears. So it's this bad ass spiky mother made in California. It's so hardcore, she never even considers that I could think of it let alone buy it. Plus some other cool smaller wrist and arm bands. I am positive she will crap a brick when she opens it. heh heh

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
A Fabulous Holiday Season to All!

Happy Chanukkah!

Merry Christmas!

Joyous Eid!

Fabulous Kwanzaa!

Best gift of all? Perhaps a kind greeting and a good dinner.:smile:

senorita

Nominee Member
Oct 29, 2007
Ontario
gopher -- You bet. Food is still a very nice part about special celebrations. Yummy.

The 21st is my time as well, I'll celebrate christmas as well, and I'd like to give everyone peace and love and happyness.:smile:

Nice! whats your celebration?

We will have family up to visit, hopefully. We'll eat way too much and all put on another 5 lbs. My 6-year old still believes in Santa Clause. Probably the last year she does. She's getting a Barbie computer.

Awww. Isnt that just such a wonderful age !!!

karrie - I think I probably already gained weight with the pre-holiday treats !!!

Update - I spent the entire day shopping. My feet are killing me. But its done and over with. I got Christmas ornaments, toys, centre pieces, clothes, gloves, cards, etc. I think its nice to see different shopping centres, there are always cute little gifts especially for co-workers and the boss etc. So Im almost done ! :eek:ccasion1:

I love get togethers and family dinners...the kids and the laughter and the family and friends..

Oh and the big thing about Eid is that we put a lot of effort into outdoing each other on the clothes and jewlery. I'm super excited, so now I need something fabulous to wear...:glasses7: