Blue cloud around New Orleans gas station

Zan
Any one got any idea what this (external - login to view) is?

the story is weird enough - get a gander at the vid though .............

Hazmart
People actually 'saw' this? That is too wierd!

Sal
Caught it on the news tonight. Bizarre.

darkbeaver
I could be mistaken but that appears to be a Blue Meanie.

shadowshiv
Looks like a small bug to me. A couple of times you can see the outline of wings.

karrie
looks like a bug crawling around on the camera lens. It never goes behind anything in the images, like behind a car or gas pump. The guy walking into the gas station doesn't seem to notice it.

*shrugs*

Andem
It looks like a computer virus to me.

Tonington
Oh come on. It's obvious. The CIA hasn't worked out the kinks in their new cloaking technology.

shadowshiv
Sometimes we will have spiders(or insects) crawling on our camera lens. Due to the nature of the cameras, and how far the image is zoomed in/out, the insect or spider can look like it is taking up the entire monitor. I imagine it is something similar in this case.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

It looks like a computer virus to me.

Zan isn't sending us "bad" links again, is she?

Just the Facts
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

I could be mistaken but that appears to be a Blue Meanie.

As Karrie said, the guy walking around the back of the car didn't seem to notice it sitting on the windshield.

Groups of people have traveled to the gas station after word spread of the unexplained event.

Hmmm...

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the FactsView Post

As Karrie said, the guy walking around the back of the car didn't seem to notice it sitting on the windshield.

Groups of people have traveled to the gas station after word spread of the unexplained event.

Hmmm...

Perhaps they slipped something extra in the Squishy machine?

Just the Facts
I think it's a blurred out video of someone swimming.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the FactsView Post

I think it's a blurred out video of someone swimming.

With the fishes?

Dexter Sinister
It's not clear from the reports whether anyone actually saw it in real life, or if it was visible only on the security cam (that's the way I'd bet), and it's the lack of salient details like that that lend credibility to all sorts of extraordinary claims. Whatever it is, it's always in the foreground, as karrie observed, and it's very blurred, which suggests it's something on the camera lens, like an insect or a speck of ash being moved about by air currents. It might also be just some glitch in the electronics. Digital sensors can produce all kinds of strange artifacts, especially the low-res ones in security cameras, and those are really pretty poor quality images with not very good illumination. The cheapest digital camera could do better than that.

Nothing to get excited about.

shadowshiv
Cheap cameras? Have you visited my workplace, Dexter?

Dexter Sinister
Not that I know of. Who are you really? Got a bunch of cheap digital cameras at your work place, have you?

shadowshiv
I am a Security Guard at a automotive plant.

Dexter Sinister
Then no, I've never visited your workplace, and no doubt there are a lot of low-res security cams around it. Right? Maybe you can answer this for me. I've read and seen fiction that uses this as a plot element but I don't know if it's true or not: is it true that a certain shade of blue is invisible to those things, and if you dress yourself up in clothes and paint your face that colour you can run around without being seen by the security cams?

shadowshiv
I honestly don't know. I think our cameras are too crappy to tell the difference.

Locutus
Unexplained Blue Cloud Floats, Darts Around Customers At Gas Station

A strange blue cloud seen floating and darting around customers, freezing for 30 minutes and then speeding from an Ohio gas station, remains unexplained even though it was caught on security cams.

The ghostly image was seen moving near and over cars at a Marathon gas station located near the corner of State Road and Pleasant Valley in Parma on Sunday.
Surveillance video of the image showed it flipping and then sitting in the same location for 30 minutes.It then flies off the screen at a high rate of speed."It gives me the chills," a witness said.

www.local6.com/news/14578641/detail.html (external - login to view)

Sal
where did the other thread for this go?

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

where did the other thread for this go?

It was easier to see posts before the forum change. Now it's way to complicated and busy in here. If it's a repost, dems da breaks I'm afraid.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

It was easier to see posts before the forum change. Now it's way to complicated and busy in here. If it's a repost, dems da breaks I'm afraid.

Not your fault as a double post. Only problem with a double is that you miss what everyone else has already said. And I caught it on the news and thought it was most bizarre. I think someone else thought it was a bug but when you see it swirl in the video it is clearly NOT a bug as the vapour was huge.

Mass Effect
Is the blur with the camara or is it a ghos??

karrie
I can't even find the post that was up about this before, so no worries Locutus. It's not like you've been around the forum much lately, so missing some other threads is no big issue. We'll save the flogging this time. lol.

As for what it is... looks like a bug crawling around on the lens, as most people figured in the last thread on it.

Zan
The other thread was indeed already tucked away - they're merged now.