New look CC!

mrmom2

triedit
Definitely going to take some getting used to. Is it possible to set my own default font? Im very fond of Garamond....

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Juan, my avatat doesn't show up unless I move my mouse corner to the right hand corner of a post, perhaps it is the same for you?

Thanks Durka but that is not the problem. I lost my avatar before this new look appeared. It just isn't there.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Thanks Durka but that is not the problem. I lost my avatar before this new look appeared. It just isn't there.

Weird, you should probably sacrifice something to the Internet gods, get back on their good side

#juan

Weird, you should probably sacrifice something to the Internet gods, get back on their good side

These problems have been going on intermittently for about a year now.

karrie
I know that for a long time #juan, trying to PM you just brought up the PM link for a newb named juan. Most frustrating. I bet that's why our torrid net affair never got off the ground. Juan and I on the other hand.... wow.

lol.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I know that for a long time #juan, trying to PM you just brought up the PM link for a newb named juan. Most frustrating. I bet that's why our torrid net affair never got off the ground. Juan and I on the other hand.... wow.

lol.

That really hurts. This newb called juan doesn't even exist. My time is being beaten
by a non-existant newb with no posts...... He must have some pretty important redeeming features...........I don't wanna know them....

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

He must have some pretty important redeeming features...........I don't wanna know them....

Are you sure you don't? He's a lot like you.... he's got a really huge intellect.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Are you sure you don't? He's a lot like you.... he's got a really huge intellect.

Sorry, thought I had my avatar going for a while.........................No such luck....

Andem
You can disable avatars if they are bugging you! Goto your profile: Edit preferences, uncheck "Show Avatars". It's closer to the bottom of the page.

Andem

The new layout doesn't seem as intuitive as the previous one and the scrolling isn't really to my liking, I guess I'll get used to it though.

Andem, any chance you could implement skins to allow the user to customize his/her layout?

I will eventually give users the option to choose an alternative skin. I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sal
Jaun I can see your avatar when it mouse the right hand side of your post.

mrmom2
So can i its an old jet fighter right

eh1eh
Just a note. Everything works as before for me including the 'go to first unread post'. Which still dutifully takes me to the first post in the thread. Maybe one in ten I get to where I last veiwed or sometimes get sent randomly to the middle of the thread. Doesn't bother me much but since you're up the neck with code anyway I thought I'd throw it out there.

eh1eh

Maybe this will help.

Hey how do you tell someone is online. No more green red thingy?

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

Jaun I can see your avatar when it mouse the right hand side of your post.

There was a conflict, but his avatar and profile are available again. It was the # infront of his nickname.

Locutus
As with most things, change takes time and bugs must die a dirty death. However, I do find that most functions work just as well, if not better. The screen width thing is a bit of a nuisance but the pages all seem to load faster in both browsers for me, less hang-time.

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Maybe this will help.

Hey how do you tell someone is online. No more green red thingy?

I'll re-integrate the online thing again!

Zan
Yanno Andem, the more I play around and familiarize myself with the new layout, the more I like it! Nice to see the bugs getting sorted out. The control panel is cool, but I'm curious about the 'wall' feature.

Who can see someone's wall, and how long do comments stay there and.... what else can you tell us about it? Also, the friend feature - maybe just a little bit of info on these new features might be nice since some of us (ahem... that would be me) who are less schooled in the ways of technostuffs could use a few tips.

IdRatherBeSkiing
I cannot even read here anymore. I get booted with an IE error just by looking at the home page. Help Please!

gerryh
Ok...this is starting to sound REAL wierd......I am running Vista premium withIE7 with all updates installed and have had no problems whatsoever.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I cannot even read here anymore. I get booted with an IE error just by looking at the home page. Help Please!

I wish I had more helpful advice than just "stop using IE". I suck at computer stuff. Sorry Ski.

Kreskin
Something isn't right though. I tried froma couple of different pc's today and it did the same. Since most of the planet uses IE it would be prudent to correct this.

Andem
For the time being, I would suggest people with problems running the site with Internet Explorer please switch over to FireFox. I've developed this site on Internet Explorer 7 in tandem with FireFox 2.x with support for Opera 9.x and I've come across no problems except for what has already been fixed.
There's a few bugs, but nothing coming close to crashing any browsers I've run.

IdRatherBeSkiing
I am using IE6 at both home and work. At home, I can upgrade if necessary. Work is not an option. Neither is installing another browser.

It seems to die after about 1 minute if not less. Strangely, if I am in the posting window ... no problem.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

Yanno Andem, the more I play around and familiarize myself with the new layout, the more I like it! Nice to see the bugs getting sorted out. The control panel is cool, but I'm curious about the 'wall' feature.

Who can see someone's wall, and how long do comments stay there and.... what else can you tell us about it? Also, the friend feature - maybe just a little bit of info on these new features might be nice since some of us (ahem... that would be me) who are less schooled in the ways of technostuffs could use a few tips.

I see someone has spraypainted on my Wall. Thanks, Zan.
Without sounding like a wimpy whiner, I was wondering(even if it is at a later date) if we could have the option to have the Avatars show up all the time instead of whenever the cursor glides over the post.
Also, there was an option to change my personal title underneath my name in my posts(which I did), however it still just shows up as Mighty Intellect(on my profile page as well). I just figured I would let you know in case this is just a bug.

Zan
Oh this isn't good, IRBS, we can't have you unable to stay and play! Can you at least switch to firefox at home and see if it helps? For the record, I'm a creature of habit and resisted trying firefox for a long time, but now I love it. Maybe you will too?

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

Oh this isn't good, IRBS, we can't have you unable to stay and play! Can you at least switch to firefox at home and see if it helps? For the record, I'm a creature of habit and resisted trying firefox for a long time, but now I love it. Maybe you will too?

I think that Doug is able to upgrade to IE7 at home, so at least he would be able to use it there, but he works long hours so I imagine he wants to get his CC fix(and make fun of Kreskin's choices in football teams) while he is there.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

I think that Doug is able to upgrade to IE7 at home, so at least he would be able to use it there, but he works long hours so I imagine he wants to get his CC fix(and make fun of Kreskin's choices in football teams) while he is there.

Just tell him 8-1.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Just tell him 8-1.

That's okay. Toronto will beat them.

no new posts