Big storm last night

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We had a pretty serious storm last night. It even knocked down a house being contructed about three blocks from me. This morning when it cleared up I went down to the shoreline. There was debris all over the place but I took some ocean photos. Here's a sample.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Dang, how strong were the winds? I saw a satellite photo of that storm, had a very well defined 'comma' shape.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't know. Our power went out so we didn't listen to or watch any updates. The gusts were pretty significant.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Great pictures Kreskin

Did you get in any surfing????;-)

We had a hell of an electrical storm last night. Some of the lightning strikes were really close.....The thunder crash was immediately behind the flash.(by a second or two or less) The wind turned our picnic table upside down on our back deck. The cat wouldn't come out from under our bed for a good three hours........What fun....:smile:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Lovely pictures Kreskin. The power of nature. I love the water, love it.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
My gawd Kreskin - even with the forces of nature so evident in your photos, I'm overwhelmed with sheer unadulterated jealousy from my mini concrete jungle that you reside in such a breathtakingly beautiful place.

I remember some wicked storms in Victoria when I lived there - You could see the same type of debris all down Dallas Rd - which I lived less than a block away from. If the winds weren't too too bad, we would walk the breakwater and let the waves crash over our heads - not the safest thing to be doing for sure, but exhilarating beyond belief.

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
My gawd Kreskin - even with the forces of nature so evident in your photos, I'm overwhelmed with sheer unadulterated jealousy from my mini concrete jungle that you reside in such a breathtakingly beautiful place.

I remember some wicked storms in Victoria when I lived there - You could see the same type of debris all down Dallas Rd - which I lived less than a block away from. If the winds weren't too too bad, we would walk the breakwater and let the waves crash over our heads - not the safest thing to be doing for sure, but exhilarating beyond belief.

Zan, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Your photos are incredible Kreskin.
Thanks for sharing them

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Here is the collapsed house, or at least the framing under construction. What a disaster for these people.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Looks like some pretty serious firewood blown up on the beach. Anyone ever bother to harvest it?

Hope the guy in the pic above has insurance. Dang, that's gotta hurt.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Looks like some pretty serious firewood blown up on the beach. Does anyone ever harvest it?

Hope the guy had some insurance on the house. Gotta hurt.

:angry3:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Lets hope he has construction insurance Nug. Otherwise the bill just went way up.

I believe they have a bi-law restricting the removal of driftwood. Everyone does it but pulling up with some heavy removal equipment would likely get flagged.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I have five or six inches of frozen snow in my fourteen-hundred foot long trail/driveway, it's hard walking. I don't like winter at all. It's supposed to warm up and rain later today which will freeze and then it'll be fourteen-hundred feet of ice.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hey Kreskin
Amazing pictures. I think we are getting some of that wind here now. Our gusts are at 70 now but are supposed to get to 90 this afternoon. Pretty crazy. The hubby not allowed to work in these strong winds so a day off for both of us!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
the wind here is only at 50Km/h, and my house shook all night long. Taking my kids to the bus this morning, you could barely breathe.

dirtylinder

get dirty
Apr 24, 2007
vancouver island
I lived it too

Man oh man, I am house sitting in Campbell River, and, I was terrified! Big trees in the yard were shedding limbs that could kill, the cat went missing, and my dog crapped on the floor...Today I picked up the limbs, was going to do it yesterday, but heard that another storm was coming, so held off....glad it was minimal..
We will remember this years remberance day!
The photo of the house looks like it was taken at Nelson St., am I right?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Hey DL, pretty much. It's the house next to it, corner of Alder and Mariner. They're making some progress putting it back up.