Too young to be a teenager?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Is this normal for a 6 year old girl?

Recently my daughter has become a teenie bopper. She stopped watching little kids shows and now watches stuff made for teenagers. Yesterday she was watching "High School Musical". I noticed tears in her eyes. I asked if she ok. She said she had to cry, then she started to. I asked what was wrong. She said "they broke up, it's so sad". Of course she has seen this show a few times so she told me they eventually kissed and made up. I asked if she thought it was yucky that they kissed. I got the 'dad your so out of it' tone in her "nooo".

Is it normal for 6 year olds to convert to teenagers?

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
Awh, our little girl is growing up. LOL

They do say girls mature faster then boys. Maybe she is a prime example of such.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Yes, Kreskin. Sorry to say but the next thing ya know, she'll be in high school. The good news? She'll always be your little girl. ;-)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Just wait a tiny bit till she wants to put on makeup. Then you'll know she is a girly girl. My girlfriend had an emotional meltdown when her "baby" asked... heheh

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
She's been in the make up thing already. Also high heels. I think her hormones are moving ahead too fast. Her teacher was saying that she thinks our food system is making girls hormones advance faster than they should or have in the past.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
okay, now no one take offense k?

If you take any primate and feed them a rich diet in abundant supply, their offspring mature quicker and are ready for breeding sooner. Basic fact. Add to that the hormones, and yes, you can expect mood swings early on our kids as they gear up for puberty sooner than we did.

My seven year old has the first signs of breast growth. Yay. :angry3:

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
My seven year old has the first signs of breast growth. Yay.
*cough*
crazy food industry...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
She's been in the make up thing already. Also high heels. I think her hormones are moving ahead too fast. Her teacher was saying that she thinks our food system is making girls hormones advance faster than they should or have in the past.
Well yes and no. How's that for fence sitting? :D

The hormones they inject into our meat is definitely giving girls way bigger chests than they ever had in my day. Many of these girls are pencil thin with double D cup sizes. In my day there might have been one girl with such a set on her. The rest of us were all fairly "average" in size. It is now amazing to sit with a group of older men and hear them say such things as "anything bigger than a large B is gross". I think it is because the older generation knows what happens to such large globes of fat was they get older. It ain't pretty.

So yes, our food is contributing to some kind of hormone ingestion via our food.

On the other hand when I was in kindergarten, our teacher had whopping big ones, wore bright red lip stick and the tightest skirt her fanny could slide into. I remember the first time I played "teacher" in my nightie. I took the bottom of that nightie and wound it around my tiny body and pinned it with a safety pin. Then I slathered red lip stick all over my face and put my tiny feet into my mum's heals.

When I went out into the living room my parents about died. I think my mum might have wet herself trying to suppress the laughter. They knew exactly who I wanted to look like. She was the most glamorous thing around in my little world. And she had power over all of us in my mind. I was a tad confused as I sashayed from the room but I was also quite confident I looked beeeeeeeeautiful.

They mimic. It is normal. All little kids want to be "big" kids/adults.

Good luck with the next decade or two. :p

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
okay, now no one take offense k?

If you take any primate and feed them a rich diet in abundant supply, their offspring mature quicker and are ready for breeding sooner. Basic fact. Add to that the hormones, and yes, you can expect mood swings early on our kids as they gear up for puberty sooner than we did.

My seven year old has the first signs of breast growth. Yay. :angry3:

I've read those same reports. Feedlot cattle get lots of hormones so they get to market weight faster. Growth hormone stays in the meat. Proof that McDonalds has beef....

Woof!

jack.windsor

Nov 9, 2007
Good point "eh1 eh"!
I believe that the issue has a lot to do with culture as well, the instant availability of information nowadays makes our kids grow faster not only physically but psychologically and emotionally. This certainly is a point that can't be ignored. However I don't wish to speculate on what the implication of this might be, I honestly have no clue.
Anyway, I don't think it is something one should be worried about, I guess this is just the way things are nowadays.

Last edited: