Is there anyone who actually purchases the stuff advertised in SPAM?


L_M
#1
I'm actually quite curious about this. If a company SPAMs the internet with ad's, do they generate a larger amount of traffic, and possibly business to their site? Does anyone else think that business with SPAM advertising diminish their brand value? Which in effect make their product(s) less desireable?

Thoughts?
 
Twila
#2
I refuse to buy products from companies that annoy me.

They say any publicity is good publicity, but I disagree.

Spam is annoying.
 
hermanntrude
#3
SPAM on the internet is badly named. It gives a bad name to the Specially Pressed American Meat that comes in a can and gives succour to so many students
 
Philo Cojones
#4
If you see a SPAM email once, then it's likely it didn't work. So they won't try it again.

If you see the same products or offers spammed to you over and over again, it's because indeed, there are people out there who have bought into it, giving the so called "marketers" a reason to keep sending out the emails.

So who is more annoying? the dicks sending out the spams? Or the dimwits who keep buying into them?

It's likely that anyone with a well-established brand name won't resort to SPAM, as it will definitely diminish the value. short term results for a long term fallout. doesn't make any sense.
 
hermanntrude
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Philo CojonesView Post

If you see a SPAM email once, then it's likely it didn't work. So they won't try it again.

If you see the same products or offers spammed to you over and over again, it's because indeed, tehre are people out there who have bought into it, giving the so called "marketers" a reason to keep sending out the emails.

So who is more annoying? the dicks sending out the spams? Or the dimwits who keep buying into them?

they should all be put into a room together with no food
 
L_M
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

SPAM on the internet is badly named. It gives a bad name to the Specially Pressed American Meat that comes in a can and gives succour to so many students


3 posts in and the ouvious canned meat joke has allready made it's presence, lol.
 
L_M
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Philo CojonesView Post

If you see a SPAM email once, then it's likely it didn't work. So they won't try it again.

If you see the same products or offers spammed to you over and over again, it's because indeed, there are people out there who have bought into it, giving the so called "marketers" a reason to keep sending out the emails.

So who is more annoying? the dicks sending out the spams? Or the dimwits who keep buying into them?

It's likely that anyone with a well-established brand name won't resort to SPAM, as it will definitely diminish the value. short term results for a long term fallout. doesn't make any sense.


Isn't it possible that even repeat SPAM offenders aren't generating much business from it, but know it's a cheap form of advertising?

I'm not sure how much it costs to purchase a spambot, or whatever they're called but the price is probably far less than even one item sold in order for it to be worth it to so many little companies.
 
karrie
#8
I've bought pills that claimed they'd make me longer and harder (who wouldn't want to be taller and more muscular!?). So far, they've done nothing. I think they might be bogus. How much medicine can you fit in there with the candy coating and chocolate anyway?
 
hermanntrude
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by L_MView Post

3 posts in and the ouvious canned meat joke has allready made it's presence, lol.

my nick in another forum is "obvious jokes R us"
 
Philo Cojones
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by L_MView Post

Isn't it possible that even repeat SPAM offenders aren't generating much business from it, but know it's a cheap form of advertising?

I'm not sure how much it costs to purchase a spambot, or whatever they're called but the price is probably far less than even one item sold in order for it to be worth it to so many little companies.

Good Point... there may be companies (ok, douchebags in their parents basement) out there who notice no return from the zillions of emails, but continue to send them out anyway. No Marketing sense whatsoever? All Surveys point to yes.

Still, as much as you can count on the stupidity of the spammer, you can just as much count on the stupidity of the public. why do we continue to receive ***** enhancing ads and requests for help with a nigerian bank account? Because ****loads of people continue to buy into it.

not just the Internet either? no matter how ridiculous the offer is, if it sticks around for long enough, someone must be buying it.
 
L_M
#11
True enough. And the internet adds the confidentiality that a man looking for cheap viagra and a mail order bride is probaly looking for.

I know personally when I see an ad on the sidebar of a page I'm visitng, and those stupid smilie ads I automatically think "virus". I'm surprised this isn't the case for everyone.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#12
Remember ,prolly still there somewhere, in with the condoms and french ticklers in mensroom vending machines the Genuine Spurious Spanish Fly....
what sort of loser buys this stuff...he finnaly gets the chick over to his crib and like risks having her see him pour this stuff on his hand to rub it on her ******....Dude!!! yer already there!!!!
lol....

anything you see advertised is bought by someone...anything!!!
 
L_M
#13
When I imagine the kind of person who buys this stuff, I think of Kal Penn in the Van Wilder movie (Van Wilders foriegn exchange student assistant, who's willing to do anything to loose his virginity).
 
hermanntrude
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by L_MView Post

True enough. And the internet adds the confidentiality that a man looking for cheap viagra and a mail order bride is probaly looking for.

I know personally when I see an ad on the sidebar of a page I'm visitng, and those stupid smilie ads I automatically think "virus". I'm surprised this isn't the case for everyone.

Firefox has a wonderful add-on available which removes all those sidebars and flashy fit-inducing ads in one fell swoop. Facebook is wonderfully calm and pleasant without all the bloody stupid ads
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#15
ok ok ok sue me i actually bought a french tickler once...reason...chick said i had to have a condom.....there were none left...it was late i thought well this is sort of a condom.....

We LOLED so hard when we opend this thing up....it was like this thick flexy rubber thing with like mini playtex living glove finger things flopping at the end of it.....it was cheap rubber with like white powder from manufacturing residue all over it....

it did resemble a condom ......but that was it.....i think if i had used it the poor woman would have ended in the emerg room.....

i put it on though and pretended to be a french stud prancing round the room with this inane thing on....oh yeah it was like a dull red... made me look like I put on a dead rooster head on me bird .....too funny
 
no new posts